Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ice Rink

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    How would that go exactly?
    "Uh Paul, I know you just pulled me aside (or had one of your minions do it), but could you do me a favor and put that threat on Town Letter-head? Thanks buddy"

Do you think the threats are perhaps subtle?
    Dear Employee:

I will fire your ass if.....

Sincerely,
    Vindictive Paul Clark

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    Dear Employee:

I will fire your ass if.....

Sincerely,
    Vindictive Paul Clark

Dear Parks Department Worker,
    Help me and my cronies get our agenda pushed through or your kids are going to starve.
    Vindictively and Sadistically Yours,
    Paulie

PS-Your mandatory political donation is late again this month. We're going to have to kill your dog.

I just think Clark might have been that arrogant to actually to put something in writing. He's the type who believes he can walk on water.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Try dealing with:

"Your daughter asked me tough questions at the endorsement meeting."

One week later, that mother is fired and townspeople are telling her how her daughter got her fired. The best part? The mother supported Clark. The daughter didn't.

Number one thing I want to see changed? The oversight of every town program that gets any tax money needs to be tightened up.

That and the Seneca Mall site needs SOMETHING done. I think it's been long enough

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    I just think Clark might have been that arrogant to actually to put something in writing. He's the type who believes he can walk on water.
    Yeah, just like his buddy-boy Lazzara who also seems to think he is without supervision - wait - Lazzara IS without supervision. Sic 'em, Psycho1!

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokester
    Yeah, just like his buddy-boy Lazzara who also seems to think he is without supervision - wait - Lazzara IS without supervision. Sic 'em, Psycho1!
    "The game is afoot"
    Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by WFPgirl
    Try dealing with:

"Your daughter asked me tough questions at the endorsement meeting."

One week later, that mother is fired and townspeople are telling her how her daughter got her fired. The best part? The mother supported Clark. The daughter didn't.

Number one thing I want to see changed? The oversight of every town program that gets any tax money needs to be tightened up.

That and the Seneca Mall site needs SOMETHING done. I think it's been long enough

Tell that women to get a good Labor Attorney, and file s wrongful termination suit. If her record and evaluations are clean, she may have a case. If it was with AmeriCorps, find the others who were recently terminated and join theirs

Tell that women to get a good Labor Attorney, and file s wrongful termination suit. If her record and evaluations are clean, she may have a case. If it was with AmeriCorps, find the others who were recently terminated and join theirs
    There's great wosdom in that advice. The more the pressure, the more the success.

There's great wosdom in that advice. The more the pressure, the more the success.
    Please don't give me too much credit. There are those on this site who already think I'm full of myself, and have said as much.

I like to think I'm simply driven.

Are you trying to make the argument that you feel sorry for people who get fired for not playing the political game, when they played the political game to get their jobs in the first place?! They are what is known as patronage jobs. They are the losers who volunteer for political campaigns so they can get a job when the politician gets elected. How many of those people who got fired were strangers who answered an advertisement and submitted a resume and were hired based on a fair evaluation of candidates? Probably none. A person who takes a job without an arm's length hiring process deserves whatever they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead
    Are you trying to make the argument that you feel sorry for people who get fired for not playing the political game, when they played the political game to get their jobs in the first place?! They are what is known as patronage jobs. They are the losers who volunteer for political campaigns so they can get a job when the politician gets elected. How many of those people who got fired were strangers who answered an advertisement and submitted a resume and were hired based on a fair evaluation of candidates? Probably none. A person who takes a job without an arm's length hiring process deserves whatever they get.
    That's rather assumptive on your part, pumpkinhead, unless you have inside information you would like to share here.

That's rather assumptive on your part, pumpkinhead, unless you have inside information you would like to share here.
    WFP Girl's post said that the person who was fired for her daughter's challenge to Clark was a Clark supporter. I am assuming it was no coincidence that the mother was a Clark supporter and just happened to also work for the Town of West Seneca.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead
    Unfortunately, this is a small town and not a major metropolis. The likelihood of this occurring is greater than in a big city.
    As I understood the post by WFP, the mother supported her candidate, and the daughter did not. It was because of the daughter, that the mother was terminated. I agree this is wrong, but the norm for this administration.
    A better hiring practice is needed, where employment opportunities are advertised openly to the citizens of the town. Hopefully that will change after the first of January, along with many other things.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information