Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ice Rink

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaFan
    You cant just hire PART TIMERS read your CONTRACTS then read the TAYLOR LAW

You honestly think Erie County Cut its OVERTIME?......
    If so file for a FOIL
    Contracts have to go.. You can't run a successful community if you have your hands tied compared to other communities in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by erlyrizr1
    Please read wny future that posted at 11:57 and then read velvet fog that posted at 11:59. Anyone smell another rat? Same post, talked to the same person, all word for word. Brian W. are you now two people asking and answering your own questions?
    Are you nuts? I read 2 people agreeing on something. Smell a rat? Man your out there and need a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture
    Meegan's husband is near the top in overtime of all employees.
    Is that his only job or does he work under a larger umbrella of town workers? Does this job (ice rink) cause his overtime?

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    Is that his only job or does he work under a larger umbrella of town workers? Does this job (ice rink) cause his overtime?

I'm wondering if the amount of over time has anything to do with something called "the october storm"?

What I do know for sure is that the town offers over time to the employees from building and grounds for events like the 4th of July parade, community days, and other town sponsored events. Add those to the october storm clean up and $12k doesn't sound too bad.

It may not be $12,000, but I'll slip him $10 and a 12 pack if he can get my son in to open skate some Friday night!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Contracts have to go.. You can't run a successful community if you have your hands tied compared to other communities in the USA.
    If you're cutting employee contracts, you must then consider cutting the business contracts. How many WS business contracts are built off the backs of "friendships"? I'd wager quite a few. The problem is, you're going to have a serious problem on your hands with cutting one contract as opposed to the other. Start with a blank piece of paper with employees, and you're eliminating everything the towns worked hard for, including "No Strike" clauses. I can bet people will be fine with a different company providing services, but I know for sure people would be banging down the door of the Town Hall if their trash was no longer getting picked up.

Every action has a reaction. Flat out eliminating contracts has consequences I don't think many people have thought of.

That is a fair statement WFPGirl, and it applies to many of the issues that have been discussed on this forum. The problem is that it is difficult to make assessments on these issues without the information that should be provided in a budget and business plans for different segments of town operations. The people elected to gather that sort of information and make it available to the public for an open assessment of these issues are not doing that job - they are focused on campaigning, making babies, selling copiers, or otherwise acting busy.

Getting the budget in line

In order to curb the town's spending, at every level, is a complete reorganization of its departmental structure. There appears to be too many patronage positions, heading up duplicate functions. They could start by consolidating the Youth Bureau, Recreation and Senior Citizens into one department. Yes, there might some initial glitches, but in time they'd work out.
    The budget lines used by the town are numerous and confusing, as demonstrated at the budget hearing last night. Simplification of the accounting practices is needed so that citizens can better understand how the money flows.
    A citizen review panel would help to prevent favoritism when purchasing supplies, equipment, or any other items for the town, as well provide better accountability from those elected.
    Open meetings by the Town Board are needed so that when a vote is taken, we know what they're talking about.
    Overall, now that Clark, Hicks, and Osmanski will be gone, perhaps the parasites that came with them will go as well.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

OldTymeRevival
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    In order to curb the town's spending, at every level, is a complete reorganization of its departmental structure. There appears to be too many patronage positions, heading up duplicate functions. They could start by consolidating the Youth Bureau, Recreation and Senior Citizens into one department. Yes, there might some initial glitches, but in time they'd work out.
    The budget lines used by the town are numerous and confusing, as demonstrated at the budget hearing last night. Simplification of the accounting practices is needed so that citizens can better understand how the money flows.
    A citizen review panel would help to prevent favoritism when purchasing supplies, equipment, or any other items for the town, as well provide better accountability from those elected.
    Open meetings by the Town Board are needed so that when a vote is taken, we know what they're talking about.
    Overall, now that Clark, Hicks, and Osmanski will be gone, perhaps the parasites that came with them will go as well.
    Who would you like to see go? Name names! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival
    Who would you like to see go? Name names! LOL
    "Where do I begin....."

I think that's obvious. We can start with anyone who's lips have been planted on Clark's ass all these years.

They are too many to name. Just an overall house cleaning at several levels.

Don't paint everyone with the same brush - there are a lot of good people working in the Town. And maybe the ones who are so-called parasitic can be reformed. It's not about people, as far as I'm concerned, it's about management.

That's the best idea I've heard - consolidating the Youth Bureau, Recreation and Senior Citizens into one department. That would cut some major cost.

Advertise the bid in the Buffalo News (Full Page Ad), send press releases to businesses. Don't you think a new start business would love to get the contract for the printers? We would have a ton of businesses sending bids in.

I would like to see two policies adopted first, there is the anti-nepotism policy: "While we appreciate referrals of relatives, we cannot hire when there is or will b a direct or indirect reporting relationship between the parties." The second policy, nonfraternization, is much more direct and perhaps Draconian, at least in the view of the dating population: "If a personal relationship creates conflicts of interest, causes dissension, interrupts the work flow of the parties or other employees, or creates a negative work environment, one or both parties may be asked to resign from the company." If the company is large enough, the policy might read that one of the parties may be transferred to another department or location. If there are no other locations or departments where the relationship would not be perceived as engendering the same problems as in the initial policy, both parties may be asked to leave.

Why Is a Policy Necessary? There are many reasons for having such a policy. Among them are

* favoritism
    * perceptions of favoritism (and the ensuing rumor mill)
    * conflicts of interest
    * confidentiality (as in nondisclosure agreements)
    * hostile work environment
    * sexual harassment

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead
    Don't paint everyone with the same brush - there are a lot of good people working in the Town. And maybe the ones who are so-called parasitic can be reformed. It's not about people, as far as I'm concerned, it's about management.
    I realize there are many good people working for the Town, and you are correct in stating that it a management issue. In any situation, and particularly a governmental one, it becomes difficult to discipline an employee who was hired because of their connection to someone in power. Often time the employee will claim retribution due to this relationship, or, the supervisor overlooks bad or unsafe behavior for the same reason. This of course also creates a moral issue among other employees who don't have any ties to the upper management.
    The unfortunate thing in any Town government is that the likelihood of someone knowing someone in power is highly likely. In these situations, both parties need to acknowledge any relationship that may exist, and the person in power recuse themselves in any and all matters of their friend or relatives employment. Many companies establish Labor-Management review panels to insure some level of fairness and consistency in these matters.
    For the town of West Seneca, there will need to be a thorough evaluation of several people in positions of authority, as well as firmer guidelines of conduct.
    The residents can only hope that the administration will put political alliances aside and concentrate on what's good for the community.

"Where do I begin....."

I think that's obvious. We can start with anyone who's lips have been planted on Clark's ass all these years.

They are too many to name. Just an overall house cleaning at several levels.
    Good point Psycho. However I must say that many of the employees have been kissing his ass for ALL these years because Mr. Clark has a very vindictive side.
    I know for fact that he has threatened people's jobs and livelihoods if they did not give him their 100% support. When you are feeding several mouths or depending on the income, it is almost impossible to stand on your own two feet and refuse.
    The Democratic Committee in W.S. finally got it right this year in the nomination of its candidates... reason being... Clark wasn't seeking reelection here in Town so he wasn't able to threaten anymore. The committeemen who are employed by the town were able to vote the way they wanted to and many of the new candidates were successful in getting people other than Clark's "yes men" elected as committeemen.
    What an absolute conundrum when you think about his appointments, how they got there, what information was obliterated from their files all because they got someone to donate thousands of dollars to his war chest... or maybe perhaps in fabric sacks to pay for his expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona
    Good point Psycho. However I must say that many of the employees have been kissing his ass for ALL these years because Mr. Clark has a very vindictive side.
    I know for fact that he has threatened people's jobs and livelihoods if they did not give him their 100% support.
    Do you think there are any people who would confirm your statement? Better yet, did any of them ever get anything in writing?

Do you think there are any people who would confirm your statement? Better yet, did any of them ever get anything in writing?

How would that go exactly?
    "Uh Paul, I know you just pulled me aside (or had one of your minions do it), but could you do me a favor and put that threat on Town Letter-head? Thanks buddy"

Do you think the threats are perhaps subtle?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information