Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ice Rink

Quote Originally Posted by 4thePEOPLE
    For the record, this is Brian Wirth! I have only read what everyone has been posting for the last couple of months, I have never written a post myself.
    Boy, you look foolish, erlyrizr1,

For the record, this is Brian Wirth!
    Welcome Brian! I wish you had joined in sooner, as I would have liked to learn more about your platform. To be honest with you, I wish your literature had given us, the voters, more than it did. I'll admit, I've been critical of your campaign. But, as I'm sure you know, that's politics. The next time I see you, perhaps at the budget meeting, I will make a point to introduce myself.

Good luck on Tuesday.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Thanks for your well wishing. As i have stated my whole campaign you may reach me at my personal number if you have questions. 444-1221, i would be happy to answer them. I am confident however that tomorrow the Political Machine will take a crippling blow and West Seneca's people will win. Be sure to vote for the new candidates, This will insure representation

I am on my way to put up signs at the polling locations, so i will not be able to reply for a while.

The proof lies in my not seeking any endorsements, but petitioning on my own to become a candidate. Proof of this lies in the fact that I will not write under anonymity.
    Brian Wirth put out literature this weekend tying himself in with Dale Clarke. Looks like a self-annointed endorsement of sorts to me. He failed to extend a courtesy call to Dale Clarke to notify him of this. Sort of sneaky for someone who professes they will be upfront and not deal in anonymity.

Mind you, just my opinion.

Have any of you guys been to the rink in the past 4 years or so? I used to be a "rink guard" as a teenager, and in the 3 or so years I did that I never remember a sell out. Now you can't get on the ice unless you decide to get there 2 hours early.
    Same goes for renting ice. The town rink is jammed from mid afternoon until 3 or 4am. Now I'm not positive, but I'd imagine that after having people on the ice from say 130pm until 4am any given day of the week that there is clean up, ice maintainence, zamboni maintainence, scheduling, etc that needs to be taken care of. Not to mention answering the phone calls from residents and the non-residents requesting info.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    Have any of you guys been to the rink in the past 4 years or so? I used to be a "rink guard" as a teenager, and in the 3 or so years I did that I never remember a sell out. Now you can't get on the ice unless you decide to get there 2 hours early.
    Same goes for renting ice. The town rink is jammed from mid afternoon until 3 or 4am. Now I'm not positive, but I'd imagine that after having people on the ice from say 130pm until 4am any given day of the week that there is clean up, ice maintainence, zamboni maintainence, scheduling, etc that needs to be taken care of. Not to mention answering the phone calls from residents and the non-residents requesting info.
    The question still remains about the budget for the ice rink. If the rink is a money drain on the town, then we should know about it and the expenses should be explored. And what do the full time employees do in the summer time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead
    The question still remains about the budget for the ice rink. If the rink is a money drain on the town, then we should know about it and the expenses should be explored. And what do the full time employees do in the summer time.

The employees are either seasonal or they go to their jobs in building and grounds or highway (at least that is how it was done 15 years ago).

As for the budget, I have no idea if the rink is a winner or a loser, i got caught up in the "what do the workers do". If ind it hard to believe that it's a loser though. The place is ALWAYS packed, and any time I've tried to rent ice (even at obscene hours) it's booked.

I know that all of the town residents don't use it, but I believe enough of them do to warrant the expenses. Simply my opinion.

Income
    Sponsorship - The rink isn't sponsored by anyone, no ads on the boards = $0
    ProShop and Concessions - $1k per month (Sept thru April) = $8000

Let's assume they sell every hour of ice, please note, ice at night is available.
    Ice Time - I have no idea the cost per hour, I would assume $185 since that is what the pepsi center charges, cheektowaga, etc. =
    Weekends - 16 hours of possible ice sold (Saturday and Sunday) 16 * 2 = 32 hours of ice sold
    Weekdays - 7 hours per day, 5 times a week =35 hours of ice sold
    One Week = 67 hours * 185 = $12395 will be rounded to $13,000.00 for one-week period breakdown. The rink is opened roughly 28 weeks
    Ice Time Income = $364,000.00

Proshop = 8000.00
    Total = $372,000.00

Few things, the town is in charge of house program, the fee includes referee cost, jerseys, insurance. The town also purchases ice from Leisure rinks because of the high demand and the little supply.

The ice time income does not factor in the open skate schedule, which could bring in a lot more than $185 or a lot less. Saturday or Sunday afternoon are not that well attended.

Just a little to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture
    Income
    Proshop = 8000.00
    Total = $372,000.00
    Can you figure the Expenses? Then subtract?

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    Can you figure the Expenses? Then subtract?
    There is no way of knowing the "Real" numbers. The numbers in the budget are BS. I could figure out the a very close figure if someone, told me the exact cost of the ice time, I guessed with $185.

These numbers are just estimate. I don't know how many teams they have each division or players. The cost of jerseys or referees.

Why is Sheila Meegan being more scrutinized in here than the other council candidates ?

Dale Clarke's campaign is being handled largely by a couple of foremen in the highway dept. They are often seen sitting behind Dale Clarkes house in their orange foremens truck. They make more money than the majority of highway employees and Meegan. In fact many of the highway employees are supporting Dale Clarke. Why is nobody questioning this ? In case you didn't know this they have the same boss as Sheila Meegan's husband. The Highway Superintendent.

Hey Lucky Larry or whoever else, how much do they make ? They're supporting Dale Clarke like you guys, I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. If not, you want their names ? Bet you won't post them.

You guys are hypocrites. You exempt Dale Clarke for something and want to smear another for the same thing.
    Last edited by Spirit of Ebenezer; November 6th, 2007 at 07:24 PM.

Meegan's husband is near the top in overtime of all employees.

-Eliminate All Overtime (erie county did it)
    -Cut Full-Time jobs
    -Hire Part-time and Seasonal instead of Full-time

In spite of some of your supporters, who's conduct in here I hopefully believe you were not aware of, nor would approve of, I personally want to congratulate you.

I hope you have the people of West Seneca's interest truly first and foremost in mind with your intents.

Again, Congratulations !

Smile You think

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture
    Meegan's husband is near the top in overtime of all employees.

-Eliminate All Overtime (erie county did it)
    -Cut Full-Time jobs
    -Hire Part-time and Seasonal instead of Full-time
    You cant just hire PART TIMERS read your CONTRACTS then read the TAYLOR LAW

You honestly think Erie County Cut its OVERTIME?......
    If so file for a FOIL

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information