Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling your home after 2012?

Selling your home after 2012?

This was sent to me, interesting:

Will you ever sell your house after 2012? Call your Democratic Senator's Office to confirm this hidden fact about the ObamaCare regulation. Of, course in Kentucky we don't have a Democratic Senator! . . .but does our Republican Senators know this little provision to the Obamacare Bill?
    Will you ever sell your house after 2012?
    Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it? That's $3,800 on a $100,000 home, etc.
    When did this happen? It's in the health care bill. Just thought you should know.
    SALES TAX GOES INTO EFFECT 2013 (Part of HC Bill). Why 2013? Could it be to come to light AFTER the 2012 elections?
    REAL ESTATE SALES TAX
    So, this is "change you can believe in"?
    Under the new health care bill all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax. The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Does this stuff make your November and 2012 vote more important?
    Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either
    http://www.gop.gov/blog/10/04/08/oba...are-taxes-home
    I hope you forward this to every single person you know. VOTERS NEED TO KNOW.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Hey it's not congress's/government elected officials money they are giving away. They make sure they have their nest egg guaranteed at our expense.

No, it's a 3.8% tax on the value above $250K (I think).

So if you house sells for $100K you don't pay squat... but if you live in a $400K 1 bedroom apt in NYC you have to pay 3.8% of 150K when you sell.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post

Will you ever sell your house after 2012? Call your Democratic Senator's Office to confirm this hidden fact about the ObamaCare regulation. Of, course in Kentucky we don't have a Democratic Senator! . . .but does our Republican Senators know this little provision to the Obamacare Bill?
    Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it? That's $3,800 on a $100,000 home, etc.
    When did this happen? It's in the health care bill. Just thought you should know.
    SALES TAX GOES INTO EFFECT 2013 (Part of HC Bill). Why 2013? Could it be to come to light AFTER the 2012 elections?
    REAL ESTATE SALES TAX
    Under the new health care bill all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax. The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Does this stuff make your November and 2012 vote more important?
    Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either
    like Pelosi said, "we have to vote on it to see whats is in it". Pelosi, Reed and other democrats are what happens when you have to much inbreeding. All sense of logic goes away. The democrats truly believe that they own your income and in some cases that is very true. They believe your wealth how every large or small belongs to the government and can be at any time taxed away. They assure that they get re-elected by not having half the people pay taxes and the other half foot the bill. They make sure that we are never in total agreement by fostering class, age, sex, income, race warfare. Divided the polititicans have all the power. Is it not amazing that when it comes to shared responsibility in paying for the programs they never include themselves. Your democratic congress' vote assured that they are not included in OBAMA CARE. WE HAVE ONE MORE ELECTION BEFORE OBAMA CARE TAKES EFFECT.
    Last edited by getalife123; July 18th, 2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: additional info

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Is it not amazing that when it comes to shared responsibility in paying for the programs they never include themselves. Your democratic congress' vote assured that they are not included in OBAMA CARE.
    First off never sign anything without reading it. That right there should be grounds to recall each congress person who signed it without reading it. Very un-responsible to do so when so many people's futures are effected by it.

They never do. We must all make sacrifices... When was the last time you saw congress or most elected officials take a cut in pay, insurance or bene's.

Time to put responsible people into office. It's for the kids...

This is not true. It is only for those earning more than $250,000 or something like that and it is not on the sales price but the net, after expenses, I believe.

Lee Byron, GRI, Broker Associate
    Michael Saunders & Company
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Either way its another tax on hard working Americans. In the Buffalo Area a 250,000 home might be considered rich but in other areas of the country a 250,000 home is like a 80,000 one here. Try Orange County California for example. What happened to making healthcare AFFORDABLE? Obamacare doesn't do this at all.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Either way its another tax on hard working Americans. In the Buffalo Area a 250,000 home might be considered rich but in other areas of the country a 250,000 home is like a 80,000 one here. Try Orange County California for example. What happened to making healthcare AFFORDABLE? Obamacare doesn't do this at all.
    It makes it affordable to those who can not afford it.

What about the middle class and retirees? Their premiums will go through the roof! Basically it makes it free for a bunch of people who freeload anyways then stiffs the working people.
    Last edited by mnb811; July 18th, 2011 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    This is not true. It is only for those earning more than $250,000 or something like that and it is not on the sales price but the net, after expenses, I believe.

Lee Byron, GRI, Broker Associate
    Michael Saunders & Company
    It has nothing to do with income but on the final sale price of the home.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It makes it affordable to those who can not afford it.
    Your dreaming. It just another scam run by the FEDS. Another perk for illegal aliens.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Your dreaming. It just another scam run by the FEDS. Another perk for illegal aliens.

I didn't mean it in a good way..

Most of what are "government" is a scam. over prices services, transfer of ones property to someone else who didn't earn it etc etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I didn't mean it in a good way..

Most of what are "government" is a scam. over prices services, transfer of ones property to someone else who didn't earn it etc etc etc..
    Sorry about that, i misunderstood. Wish they really were interested in fixing health care cost but this plan is not the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post

REAL ESTATE SALES TAX
    Oh, how easy it is to fool the gullible. Just send them an em,ail with a forward attached and they'll swallow it.

From the Tax Foundation - Tax Blog

Would "ObamaCare" (Health Care Reform) Tax the Sale of Your Home? Probably Not.

Yeah I read your nice link. Facts are there is still a tax on homes regardless if it pertains to everyone or not. So is there a 3.8% tax? Yes there is. Does it go to fund his healthcare plan? Yes it does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information