Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: School Budget Failed

Post Lackawanna School Board Meeting TONIGHT!

Job Opportunities

Subsitute Teacher Posting

Current Postings

Home > Employment > Job Opportunities
    Job Opportunities
    All employment postings are made available in the Buffalo Evening News.
    Current job postings can also be found by clicking on the link in the left column.

Above post right from the School web site!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++

Date : Tuesday July 5, 2011
    Time: 7pm
    Place: Martin Road School
    Agenda: Organizational Meeting----Patronage(Family and Friends) Hiring Meeting?

P.S. Tonight's Critical Meeting NOT Posted on School WEB......WHY NOT?
    It was in Buffalo News Sunday to cover their legal duties BUT it was NOT mentioned that it is the RE-Organizational Meeting (PATRONAGE) which is critical to the running of the district!
    I wonder what is on THEIR agenda.....

Post Excuse Me!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Job Opportunities

Subsitute Teacher Posting

Current Postings

Home > Employment > Job Opportunities
    Job Opportunities
    All employment postings are made available in the Buffalo Evening News.
    Current job postings can also be found by clicking on the link in the left column.

Above post right from the School web site!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++

Date : Tuesday July 5, 2011
    Time: 7pm
    Place: Martin Road School
    Agenda: Organizational Meeting----Patronage(Family and Friends) Hiring Meeting?

P.S. Tonight's Critical Meeting NOT Posted on School WEB......WHY NOT?
    It was in Buffalo News Sunday to cover their legal duties BUT it was NOT mentioned that it is the RE-Organizational Meeting (PATRONAGE) which is critical to the running of the district!
    I wonder what is on THEIR agenda.....
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
    running of the district!
    Should Read:

" OUR " District!

Is this the meeting where they decide what programs are being cut?

Post ?????????

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
    We/I actually do not know, I am sure the clique' does though-----it might have already been done at their " Special Meeting " last week Thursday June 30, 2011 where they stated in their Buffalo News announcement that they were going to make personnel decisions; AND it might have already been done when they voted on the " Contingency Budget " of $ 44,600,000, at their June 22, 2011 meeting.

Where is the transparency? Lots of closed door deals......

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
    The reorgaizational meeting is the first BOE meeting with the NEW board members. It's main purpose is to choose a President and Vice President as well as board clerk, attorney etc. NO NEW positions can be created.

Generally this meeting is brief after the appointments. They may go into executive decision but because this is the FIRST formal meeting of the whole board there should not be any action with respect to job cuts etc.

If that ever happened, they would violate the Sunshine Law....how could they have met BEFORE the meeting date to discuss anything when they just officially became board members on July 1, 2011? They could not be that stupid!!! I am sure they will wait until the first official board meeting to start making those kind of decisions/announcements. The union contracts may call for a certain number of days for employees to be given notice of dismissal. So, they will need to act quickly.

Up until June 30, 2011 the Board (that group) can make any decisions they want and call Special Meetings. After July 1...the old board members are gone, the new ones are in and they can change anything they want EXCEPT the fact the budget failed and they have to follow a contingency budget.
    Last edited by literal; July 5th, 2011 at 10:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Excellent Research, mnb811, I Love It!
    Es o si' que' es = It Is, What It Is!

A fine old gal who used to live at 46 and 1/2 Ridge Road became a teacher back in the day.....her Father refused to let her take a job in the Lackawanna Schools because he had to pay money to get her in!

I wonder how many have paid "to get in"........

And I still can not get over the woman who works 40 + (with overtime call-offs) for the City for appr. $38,000/yr +, AND works 20 hours a week for $18.00/hr at the School. Total 60 hrs/week---?
    And I can't get over the City guy who worked 40 hrs City + 40 hrs. State=80 hours/week!
    Others are still doing it at the Water Authority---HOW can they physically work and travel 80+ hours/week? Who is letting/covering them?

Facts are facts....Let's Roll! Thank You mnb!
    Andrea , why dont you try woking 8hrs a week, not a day , a week,then talk about someone who holds 2 jobs. What should be cut is welfare and then put that money to the school budget and playgrounds. Or make workfare not welfare go clean the streets and playgrounds instead of a free check paid by us!

wondering

lackawanna #1 & youcangohome - both of you are so mislead. Take off your political glasses and look at the real world. Your biased views of politics in lackawanna have tainted your reality. I suggest that if and when you choose your political candidate for public service - you choose one that will benefit the city, families & students of Lackawanna. There is no more room for politcal - patronage jobs. The Lackawanna taxpayers have had enough. Friends and family should not even be a consideration for jobs when holding a public office. It seems that entire families in Lackawanna work for the city or school and I beginning to wonder if they require special needs to hold a job. I WONDER IF THEY ARE QUALIFIED TO HOLD ANY JOB ANY WHERE! I wonder why they cannot find a position in the private sector.

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    lackawanna #1 & youcangohome - both of you are so mislead. I WONDER IF THEY ARE QUALIFIED TO HOLD ANY JOB ANY WHERE! I wonder why they cannot find a position in the private sector.
    Great question/comment. A certain teacher aide could not hold her job in City Hall (need to pass tests?) and ended up as a teacher aide in the school system....
    Hmmmm. Only connection there was her husband who had connections and once again is back on the BOE. YIKES!!!!

Follow the trail.....family and friends got jobs because someone made a deal and then repaid the deal and on and on. They may say they were NOT on the BOE when their relative got the job but you do not have to look hard and long to see when they did get back on the board how they took care of someone else who they were beholding to. I can name at least 20 such appointments.

Does Lackawanna hire the best and the brightest? Ever had a conversation with some of these folks? I rest my case!

Can't get a job elsewhere because you have to demonstrate knowledge and performance. They are the reason Lackawanna will continue to fall at the bottom...Too bad LA does not require an IQ test!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    Great question/comment. A certain teacher aide could not hold her job in City Hall (need to pass tests?) and ended up as a teacher aide in the school system....
    Hmmmm. Only connection there was her husband who had connections and once again is back on the BOE. YIKES!!!!

Follow the trail.....family and friends got jobs because someone made a deal and then repaid the deal and on and on. They may say they were NOT on the BOE when their relative got the job but you do not have to look hard and long to see when they did get back on the board how they took care of someone else who they were beholding to. I can name at least 20 such appointments.

Does Lackawanna hire the best and the brightest? Ever had a conversation with some of these folks? I rest my case!

Can't get a job elsewhere because you have to demonstrate knowledge and performance. They are the reason Lackawanna will continue to fall at the bottom...Too bad LA does not require an IQ test!!
    Hey Literal, how did you get your position in the schools, hmmmmmmmmmmm.
    And why did you lose it?

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    lackawanna #1 & youcangohome - both of you are so mislead. Take off your political glasses and look at the real world. Your biased views of politics in lackawanna have tainted your reality. I suggest that if and when you choose your political candidate for public service - you choose one that will benefit the city, families & students of Lackawanna. There is no more room for politcal - patronage jobs. The Lackawanna taxpayers have had enough. Friends and family should not even be a consideration for jobs when holding a public office. It seems that entire families in Lackawanna work for the city or school and I beginning to wonder if they require special needs to hold a job. I WONDER IF THEY ARE QUALIFIED TO HOLD ANY JOB ANY WHERE! I wonder why they cannot find a position in the private sector.
    You have one thing right , there are no jobs!

Ya, it is all about the money. Taxes in particular. Business open where they have an advantage. Money spent by a business on taxes means they make less profits and less money that they can afford on wages. Every time we increase the taxes on a business, we lose more jobs leaving the only place where people in WNY can find a job in the public sector. Unfortunately with no tax base we will lose the public sector too. What these morons in public office fail to realize is that they are not the only people taxing businesses. We have federal, state, county, city and school taxes. I am 100% sure that there are people in the private sector that did not receive a pay increase last year because of increased taxes. One reason the school budget failed. I know a lot of people that are tired of caring the bloated public sector on their backs.

Lackawanna #1 - forgot this one - yes people know SBS - is she running to hold family & friends jobs - city & school are connected - one hand washes the other. Watch who you vote for - it may bite you in the butt - a big one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Hey Literal, how did you get your position in the schools, hmmmmmmmmmmm.
    And why did you lose it?
    I can say with honesty NOT for the reasons I described in my post. You are shooting blanks!

Focus on the here and now. I am many things but incompetent and dishonest are not among them!

I am sorry for you.

Let's see what comes of the city election and who steers the school titanic. You may have some influence over those, certainly not me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    I can say with honesty NOT for the reasons I described in my post. You are shooting blanks!

Focus on the here and now. I am many things but incompetent and dishonest are not among them!

I am sorry for you.

Let's see what comes of the city election and who steers the school titanic. You may have some influence over those, certainly not me!
    You're a liar. Everyone knows the board member's name and the reasons for your 'resignation'

Monica has nothing to do with the hear and now..focus on what and who are running now. Why is sue running? What is her platform? How will see change Lackawanna for her daughter, the reason she gave me for running. What sue will you do to change Lackawanna and make it better for All the citizens? I an ready to hear your 5 point plan...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information