Thread: Council President Race

Council President Race

Word is that Makeyenko's honeymoon with Polanski and Szymanski is now over. Polanski wouldn't give Makeyenko the promotion that he wanted in Lackawanna Municipal Housing and also refused his request for a position in the Authority for Lisa Friend's son.
    So....in typical Makeyenko fashion, he throws another candidate into the Council President race to upset the proverbial apple cart.
    Sue Staniszewski is now seeking Democratic Party support for the position of Council President. Sue is the wife of John's best friend and school district employee Dave Staniszewski. Sue is also an employee of the school district.
    So....is Makeyenko out to control both the schools and the city or is this just a bluff to get the jobs he desires?
    Will Norm and Geoff stand their ground with Makeyenko...or will they buckle under pressure and concede to his demands for more patronage jobs??

Just what Lackawanna needs another puppet! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    Word is that Makeyenko's honeymoon with Polanski and Szymanski is now over. Polanski wouldn't give Makeyenko the promotion that he wanted in Lackawanna Municipal Housing and also refused his request for a position in the Authority for Lisa Friend's son.
    So....in typical Makeyenko fashion, he throws another candidate into the Council President race to upset the proverbial apple cart.
    Sue Staniszewski is now seeking Democratic Party support for the position of Council President. Sue is the wife of John's best friend and school district employee Dave Staniszewski. Sue is also an employee of the school district.
    So....is Makeyenko out to control both the schools and the city or is this just a bluff to get the jobs he desires?
    Will Norm and Geoff stand their ground with Makeyenko...or will they buckle under pressure and concede to his demands for more patronage jobs??
    Hey, I say GOOD FOR SUE!!! If you know her you would say she is smart, her own person, a shrewd business woman (thanks to her mom) and just an all around good person.

So...she is happily married, a GOOD employee and a wonderful mother. So far I would say she fits the position perfectly!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wanna tell me makeyenko doesn't control her strings?

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    Hey, I say GOOD FOR SUE!!! If you know her you would say she is smart, her own person, a shrewd business woman (thanks to her mom) and just an all around good person.

So...she is happily married, a GOOD employee and a wonderful mother. So far I would say she fits the position perfectly!!!!
    Frankly, I find your criteria for what qualifications constitute a "perfect" council president, faulty at best....but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Also, the level of naivete you display makes me wonder how you lasted as long as you did in your previously held position!

I'm not sure what the Lackawanna Council President's job description entails, but according to research of other cities, the Council President is

(1) the presiding officer at all meetings of the Council
    (2) his/her duties include "preserving order and decorum in the Council Chambers at all times
    (3) observes and enforces all rules adopted by the Council for its government
    (4) approves "topics for discussion" and scheduling of all meetings, special meetings and executive sessions.
    (5) responsible for approving purchase orders, general claims, and claims for expenses for Council office expendicures and reimbursements to Council members.
    (6) oversees Council staff
    (7) monitors and approves all agenda items for inclusion on Council packets and provides follow-up contact with City Attorney and/or submitting Departments (as necessary)
    (8) attends a large number of social functions and special events representing the City
    (9) maintains regular contact with Council members, the Mayor, the Mayor's staff to remain current on concerns and issues of special interest
    (10) maintains knowledge of all issues impacting the City

Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    Frankly, I find your criteria for what qualifications constitute a "perfect" council president, faulty at best....but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Also, the level of naivete yare nootou display makes me wonder how you lasted as long as you did in your previously held position!
    The qualifications of being stable, having tolerance, a good work record, hard working and dedicated to commitments (wife and mother) are not the "right" qualifications for the job? So, integrity and honesty do NOT matter????

Hmmmm..I have been called many things but naive is not one of them.

So big deal she is a friend of John's....If you knew Sue you would NOT see her as anything but her own person. So she is a loyal friend...that is a compliment even if the friend if someone YOU do not like
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anyone connected to Makeyenko is a puppet for him. Just look at the school board if you need a clue. By the way You weren't and you got canned. I have respect for you just for that. Please don't ruin it.

Thread Information