I totally agree with what you said, gibbsgal. The 2nd Ward is "full of crack and drugs" is the dumbest statement EVER! And it's Szymanski's ward, but it's NOT HIS FAULT, so let's give the guy a break, shall we, and promote him to MAYOR! Because...?

Buffalo has had success with their "clean sweep" program. If Geoff was pro-active, he'd be doing whatever it took to protect "his ward" by finding the tools and resources the police and courts needed to uproot these drug dealers quickly...sending a CLEAR message: You are NOT WELCOMED in MY WARD!!!!!

We almost lost our DARE Program...now it's barely surviving on bare minimum. Szymanski should have been screaming from the rooftops FOR THAT PROGRAM if he was so concerned about drugs infiltrating HIS WARD!!!

The people in HIS WARD are dealing with blight, high taxes, outrageous flood insurance, absentee landlords who allow their renters to run down and destroy the neighborhood, and yet you say SZYMANSKI IS THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR MAYOR??? Not only did he DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING during his six years as 2nd Ward Councilman...but his supporters are excusing the condition of his ward and blaming CRACK AND DRUGS for the problem? Are you kidding me????

That property that he's patting himself on the back for saving from the wrecking ball isn't even HIS! I could see if HE purchased the property and HE was paying for the rennovation...then maybe, just maybe, he could strut around a bit...but, seriously??? WHO saved the property from the wrecking ball? A FRIEND OF Szymanski.