Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayoral Candidate Geoffrey Szymanski's Platform

I totally agree with what you said, gibbsgal. The 2nd Ward is "full of crack and drugs" is the dumbest statement EVER! And it's Szymanski's ward, but it's NOT HIS FAULT, so let's give the guy a break, shall we, and promote him to MAYOR! Because...?

Buffalo has had success with their "clean sweep" program. If Geoff was pro-active, he'd be doing whatever it took to protect "his ward" by finding the tools and resources the police and courts needed to uproot these drug dealers quickly...sending a CLEAR message: You are NOT WELCOMED in MY WARD!!!!!

We almost lost our DARE Program...now it's barely surviving on bare minimum. Szymanski should have been screaming from the rooftops FOR THAT PROGRAM if he was so concerned about drugs infiltrating HIS WARD!!!

The people in HIS WARD are dealing with blight, high taxes, outrageous flood insurance, absentee landlords who allow their renters to run down and destroy the neighborhood, and yet you say SZYMANSKI IS THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR MAYOR??? Not only did he DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING during his six years as 2nd Ward Councilman...but his supporters are excusing the condition of his ward and blaming CRACK AND DRUGS for the problem? Are you kidding me????

That property that he's patting himself on the back for saving from the wrecking ball isn't even HIS! I could see if HE purchased the property and HE was paying for the rennovation...then maybe, just maybe, he could strut around a bit...but, seriously??? WHO saved the property from the wrecking ball? A FRIEND OF Szymanski.

He also constantly tables the absentee landlord law that residents have been pushing for. Mr. Jaworski also has voted to table this law. I know it is not much but it could have been a start. Talk about ineffective leadership from both of these guys. Either of them doing anything about this problem now is just political rhetoric and them saying anything to get elected. They both have had years to accomplish something on this issue and neither of them have put anything of substance out there to rectify the problem. They both had their chance let Seres, Watkins or McCusker have a shot at it.

O.k., come on, let's be fair...those two have been sitting on the sidelines WAITING FOR A CHANCE TO PROVE HOW MUCH THEY CARE about the city! And the only way they can do that, of course, is with the title of MAYOR in front of their name! The promise is...put me in charge and I'll put on my Big Boy pants and spring into action!!! I'll slap this city into shape! Just watch me! The 2nd Ward was just a footstool...a seat to warm on the council floor...just pretend and nothing serious. But elect me Mayor, and boy-oh-boy just watch me gooooooooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    People don't want lame ass excuses! They want action. Geoff and Chuck had their chance. We can't do nothing is their answer. People elsewhere react to the problem not give excuses. Chuck and Geoff have done nothing the whole time they have been on the council.
    on one side of one block of my street there are 5 belmont, owned by out of state deadbeat landlords. Who's fault is that? Not an excuse, a fact.

Never had to do it before in Lackawanna and now you have an issue with it? LOL
    I have always had an issue with it!

He also constantly tables the absentee landlord law that residents have been pushing for. Mr. Jaworski also has voted to table this law. I know it is not much but it could have been a start. Talk about ineffective leadership from both of these guys. Either of them doing anything about this problem now is just political rhetoric and them saying anything to get elected. They both have had years to accomplish something on this issue and neither of them have put anything of substance out there to rectify the problem. They both had their chance let Seres, Watkins or McCusker have a shot at it.
    Seres is unstable, Watkins does not live in Lackawanna, oops he says he moved into the parsonage..right before election time. McCusker does not even let his platform be known, unless you paid $20 to hear it. It is a big mess & it needs fixing. Come election time I hope we get someone who does something good for this city. As far as drugs in the 2nd ward, I said the police department is working on it, but when I can not get off my street to go to work because of the crackheads not moving out of the way. Now that is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackcitizen View Post
    Seres is unstable, Watkins does not live in Lackawanna, oops he says he moved into the parsonage..right before election time. McCusker does not even let his platform be known, unless you paid $20 to hear it. It is a big mess & it needs fixing. Come election time I hope we get someone who does something good for this city. As far as drugs in the 2nd ward, I said the police department is working on it, but when I can not get off my street to go to work because of the crackheads not moving out of the way. Now that is a problem.
    Dear Lackcitizen...you are misinformed about Mr. McCusker not letting his platform be known....visit mccusker4mayor.com and you can read his platform for yourself. Obviously if you were aware of his get together the other day, you should have also known about his website.

As far as the mess in your ward, what has been done in the last 6 years other than more decay? If you have ever received a Notice of Violation from the city, you would be aware of the language used as far as the violation may be sent to owners, lessee, lesser, or OCCUPANT! You can not blame landlords for sloppy tenants you can care less about taking PRIDE in the home they choose to live in! The same goes for homeowners who occupy their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Dear Lackcitizen...you are misinformed about Mr. McCusker not letting his platform be known....visit mccusker4mayor.com and you can read his platform for yourself. Obviously if you were aware of his get together the other day, you should have also known about his website.

As far as the mess in your ward, what has been done in the last 6 years other than more decay? If you have ever received a Notice of Violation from the city, you would be aware of the language used as far as the violation may be sent to owners, lessee, lesser, or OCCUPANT! You can not blame landlords for sloppy tenants you can care less about taking PRIDE in the home they choose to live in! The same goes for homeowners who occupy their homes.
    saw the website, found it vague. Never received a violation but the house next door has 4x, they just pay the fine.

I was gonna support Pat Mckusker because he was a fresh face and I liked his blue collar backround. But once I found out people like Mingerelli who already has 3 or 4 pentions. And some of his cronies were backing him I decided to not support him. These people. Have ruined so many canidates after they got into office. And If the canidate doesn't vote the way they want you to. They will dump them and go around town bad mouthing them. It's a shame how these people keep destroying this city. I might not even vote this election.

I guess Geoff's website appears vague to you also? How about Chuck and Dion? Your neighbor does not "just" pay the fine-there is a court process that follows the Notice of Violation. Certain steps need to be followed.

I guess you are not going to be voting this time around Dickey-unless you like to run with the likes of makeyenko and company who are holding a job over your head.

On Pat's website a man named John said he can not wait to hear Pat's ideas. Pat relied come to my meeting on the 9th at the Lake Erie Club. Nothing on his page about what his platform is! Go to it and read it yourself. I know Pat and he is trying to play it safe & slide in under the wire. He has said nothing about his plans for this city! At least not for free!

I guess Geoff's website appears vague to you also? How about Chuck and Dion? Your neighbor does not "just" pay the fine-there is a court process that follows the Notice of Violation. Certain steps need to be followed.

I guess you are not going to be voting this time around Dickey-unless you like to run with the likes of makeyenko and company who are holding a job over your head.
    Geoff's pass out is on here. As I have stated before I checked out all candidates. If you as you say can point out Pat's platform that you say is on his site...feel free. I would love to know!

the homeowners are out of state,,,they pay all fines including court fines. All candidates have been looked into...let's see who jumps political parties if they do not win the primary

Quote Originally Posted by gibbsgal View Post
    I have lived in the second ward for approximately 14 years the last six of which have been with Mr. Szymanski as my councilman. I can guarantee you that the crack heads had nothing to do with this ridiculous flood zone that we have and the unsurmountable cost associated with it. I know that I could put some of that money that I would be saving into making my home a nicer property but somehow the crackheads caused that. I had alternate parking on my street during the winter months from November to April well someone had a brainstorm of an idea that it was needed during the Spring, Summer and Fall months too. Probably should thank the crack heads for that also. Mr. Szymanski hasnt done a thing for the citizens of the second ward except use them to try and catapult his career. Wake up Lackawanna lets get off this same ole same ole crap. He will use all the citizens of Lackawanna to take his next step. If he had put as much effort and energy into helping the people of the second ward as he has put into establishing his life long political career we would have much to thank him for. I saqy he has had his chance to proof himself and aqs common as it is in Lackawanna I must give him a failing grade so please lets break tradition and instead of passing him on lets teach him by passing him over. One must wonder how the great police force of Lackawanna like it when someone says that the second wards problems are all caused by the crackheads who took the ward over, and that the police while working on this problem seem not to have been able to stop it in the last six years. I am sorry but I think our police force does a great job.
    I never implied the drug users had anything to do with the flood zone. I have lived here for 50 plus years.

flood zone become informed...www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/minutes/031510.htm Geoff tried to get the burden of extra insurance off of the 2nd ward people. Everyone talks but no one looks up information.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information