Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayoral Candidate Geoffrey Szymanski's Platform

No way!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    What about Love? Or Estrada or Kozub while they were on the Council? It was ok for them good ol boys to live outside Lackawanna but now its not ok for the REV? What the hell is that? You reep what you sow!
    The mayor job should go to a person who has lived in the City, paid City taxes, and experience living in the City, and committed to the City.

excellent credentials???????

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    I hear that Rev. Watkins has got excellent credentials to be the next Mayor. People seem very encouraged by his candidacy.....
    Excellent credentials? When did Watkins serve as a Mayor? What did he do for the municipality? The man takes our tax dollars out of the City to give to other municipalities.

Watkins claims to be a Christian, but rather than accept the Christianity that Jesus started, he made up his own brand of Christianity; he created his own gods in his own image.

If Watkins cannot be loyal to God, how could we possibly trust him to be loyal to the residents of Lackawanna?

Quote Originally Posted by buffalonymann View Post
    Excellent credentials? When did Watkins serve as a Mayor? What did he do for the municipality? The man takes our tax dollars out of the City to give to other municipalities.

Watkins claims to be a Christian, but rather than accept the Christianity that Jesus started, he made up his own brand of Christianity; he created his own gods in his own image.

If Watkins cannot be loyal to God, how could we possibly trust him to be loyal to the residents of Lackawanna?
    Well, that clears up that questions!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by buffalonymann View Post
    The mayor job should go to a person who has lived in the City, paid City taxes, and experience living in the City, and committed to the City.
    No kidding I was being a smartass. Just have to love it when city minions bring up "residency rules" when they didn't or don't follow them themselves.

Thank you so much for saving Inee's Pub from the wrecking ball! Yes, Lackawanna needs ANOTHER PUB/TAVERN/BAR with a "beautiful facade"!!!! One building at a time, Mr. Szymanski, one building at a time....???????

You mean one building at ELECTION TIME? LOL You'll never see him around a building again afterwards. BTW he isn't doing jack! The cop oops I mean local businessman that bought it is. Talk about connections.......same bs, same faces ,same party poopers, even though its a "different /new" candidate the people behind him are one and the same! Nothing will ever change. I don't know which guy is worse Him or "Common Sense and Hard Work" Jaworski LOL. If he had any sense the city wouldn't be where it is.
    Last edited by mnb811; June 7th, 2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: add

"Get the message out" Szymanski

Suddenly after six years as city council, Mr. Szymanski has decided to publish a little newsletter to "get the message out" to the citizens of Lackawanna...to "keep you informed of the issues." Other than patting yourself on the back for saving Inee's Pub from the wrecking ball, WHAT ISSUES are you talking about?

Dion Watkins' home address is Hamburg

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    I hear that Rev. Watkins has got excellent credentials to be the next Mayor. People seem very encouraged by his candidacy.....

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyExp View Post
    All good points brought up on Geoff's candidacy. We are also residents of the 2nd ward. We have not seen one improvement in all his years as councilman. The ward is falling to pieces with run down houses, potholed streets and unkempt properties. There's nothing for the children and nothing for the seniors. I hope all your points are read by all and the voters will wake up and see what a scam this city has become. Mr. Jaworski is none the better as a candidate. We sure don't have any good choices for Mayor so far. Someone with true love of this city needs to step up to the plate.
    a lot of these problems are due to out of state companies buying up property, turning them into Belmont & just wanting their money. It is happening in every ward!

the Mayor should have to live in the city, they all should! It just takes one phone call to report!

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post
    Take Back OUR Community:

*Neighborhood Watch Programs & Block Clubs: I want to bring back neighborhood watch programs and block clubs. This is a great way to increase awareness, safety and pride in our community. Funding for these programs is available and I will make sure we go out and get those funds to improve quality of life in our neighborhoods.

Councilman Szymanski/Democratic Committeeman has been questioned numerous times at Council meetings pertaining to this issue. He has not taken this initiative in all the years he has been in office, why now? As a matter of fact, these programs and clubs already officially exist in Lackawanna since 2006. Buffalo and Erie County Board of Block Clubs are already active in Lackawanna.

*Sex Offender Law: While on the Council, I wrote the current local law governing sex offenders in our community. It is one of the most, if not the most, restrictive sex offender laws in New York State. We need to do everything we can to protect our children. This law goes a long way towards ensuring their safety and well being. I am extremely proud of this accomplishment.

Councilman Szymanski/Democratic Committeeman did not write this law. He expanded the NYS Law by increasing the distance from where a sex offender may reside in proximity with a playground and/or school.

Protect and Improve City Services:
    *Police, Fire and Public Works: Lackawanna enjoys excellent public services. Our Police, Fire and Public Works Department are made up of dedicated individuals who serve us daily. I will work hard to ensure they receive everything they need to continue performing at the highest level so that all residents receive the best public services of any community in WNY.

Councilman Szymanski/ Democratic Committeeman has already allowed (voted on and passed) millions of dollars that have gone into the DPW for new equipment and trucks.

Revamp Recreation Programs:
    *For our Senior Citizens: Our community has a large senior citizen population. We have a wonderful senior citizen complex on Martin Road, but it can and will be improved. I will make sure that it’s utilized to its full potential. Our seniors deserve the best!

The Senior Center just recently had a quarter of a million dollars of repairs done to the building. This money was received from a Senator. As a Councilmember/Democratic Committeman, why hasn’t he been concerned with our seniors before? He has been involved in politics all of his life and only now as mayoral candidate he is concerned with our seniors?

*For our Other Residents: Under my leadership, recreation for all ages will be a major focus. Recreation programs will be overhauled to foster activities that are available to all city residents. Playgrounds will be updated and funding for a recreation center will be sought. Keeping our children off street corners and involved in extra-curricular activities is extremely important.

What recreation programs are you seeking for the “other” residents? Where are you seeking the money from? Where have you been Mr. Szymanski? As Mayor you are going to accomplish all of this? You should have been focused on these issues as Councilman/Democratic Committeeman prior to your announcement as mayoral candidate. Have you seen what the ward you represent currently looks like? Why is he bringing up playgrounds now when he knows Tom Love (Commissioner of Dept. of Public Works and also his relative who he will probably retain) will not allow any new equipment because he has to maintain it? Mr. Szymanski has also stated in the past that the city has too many playgrounds and that the city should only have one centrally located playground for the entire city.

*Unite with Our Schools: Work as team with our schools, we’re all in this together, aren’t we? Our greatest asset is our children. We need to share facilities to ensure our young people have access to all we have to offer. I will work tirelessly to make sure that city and school district leaders are on the same page to make the future bright for our children.

The school and city have worked together for years with agreements on “open” gym and swimming programs for the families in Lackawanna. The school and city have an agreement for the use of the city’s gas pumps located at the city garage. The school also has an agreement to use Veteran’s Stadium for football games. Reciprocal agreements have been in place for the school and city to work together for some time.

Stimulate Lackawanna’s Economy:
    *Create a Business Friendly Atmosphere: This is one of my main goals. We need to make businesses want to come here. Lackawanna has everything available to be a powerhouse in the commercial and industrial sector. We have great access to major highways, waterways and railroads. We are in very close proximity to downtown Buffalo and Canada. Lackawanna can and will be a major hub for businesses in our area. We need to work together!

Create a business friendly atmosphere? See Chapter 88 of the Lackawanna Municipal Code. He has constantly voted for business tax increases and then imposes another fee upon them. Mr. Szymanski have you noticed that businesses have and are still leaving Lackawanna under your tenure? Mr. Szymanski voted for the Sorrento Cheese truck ban and for the lawsuit against them. How much did that cost the taxpayers?

*Bring Lackawanna into the 21st Century:
    Our city needs to begin utilizing current and future technology to attract residents and businesses. We need to better communicate with our citizens. Individuals looking to move their family or business to Lackawanna need to know that we are community with an eye on the future. We want to use the most effective and up to date technology available. We need to upgrade our current city website to improve services and keep residents informed.

In 2009 Councilmember Haxton had submitted as an agenda item the very same necessity as you are stating above. Why is it of any importance to you now? As far as keeping citizens informed why does Mr. Szymanski constantly vote to restrict citizen participation at council meetings? Why did he not speak out when citizens were told items were not on agenda and couldn't be heard? Why did he refuse to debate/or attend a public forum when he last ran for office?

*Be Aggressive in Seeking Grant Money: In communities all around the country, city leaders are aggressively going after grants that can build recreation centers, improve city services and bring other money to improve their quality of life. My administration will make it a priority to bring in any and all funding available.

Again, Councilman/Democratic Committeeman Szymanski had these opportunities ALL along; he has failed to be as “aggressive” as other community leaders around the country. The city has had grant writers which Geoff has voted on for many, many years. Why hasn’t he sought their help up until now? When asked about obtaining grant money for playgrounds, housing demolitions and a community center, he said the money isn't there and they (the Council) needed to prioritize. Where have his priorities been for the citizens of Lackawanna for the past 6 years?

WORK WITH YOU:
    *This is OUR Community! I have many ideas and a strong vision for our city, but I want your input too! We need a strong working relationship between our city government and our residents. If elected, my door will always be open, your phone calls always returned and your emails faithfully answered. I will ask for your input not only on the campaign trail but also each and every day after that. If Lackawanna is going to have a bright future, we need to work together and use all available ideas and resources to make it happen. AND IT WILL!

He hasn’t done that in all of his years in office OR as a Democratic Committeeman!

Why didn't Councilman/Democratic Committeeman Geoff Szymanski do any of this while sitting on the Council for so many years prior to his announcement for Mayor? As Councilman/ Democratic Committeeman he has turned a deaf ear to the citizens of Lackawanna on all of what they have been hounding the City on for years and now he wants us to believe that he will ensure change as mayor to the City??

The Democratic Endorsement for mayor, council president and 4th ward councilmember is scheduled for May 18, 2011; one day AFTER the school board elections. Coincidence or political tactic used to ensure that those candidates seeking the endorsement for city office deliver their support for the candidates chosen by the Democratic Committee to run for school board??
    By far Geoff is the best candidate running, some of the things brought up against him. were not under his control. The 2nd ward is full of crack & drugs, the police are working on it. I know, I live there!

Quote Originally Posted by Lackcitizen View Post
    By far Geoff is the best candidate running, some of the things brought up against him. were not under his control. The 2nd ward is full of crack & drugs, the police are working on it. I know, I live there!
    By far Geoff is the biggest do nothing running. One of the reasons why I MOVED!

a lot of these problems are due to out of state companies buying up property, turning them into Belmont & just wanting their money. It is happening in every ward!

People don't want lame ass excuses! They want action. Geoff and Chuck had their chance. We can't do nothing is their answer. People elsewhere react to the problem not give excuses. Chuck and Geoff have done nothing the whole time they have been on the council.

the Mayor should have to live in the city, they all should! It just takes one phone call to report!
    Never had to do it before in Lackawanna and now you have an issue with it? LOL

I have lived in the second ward for approximately 14 years the last six of which have been with Mr. Szymanski as my councilman. I can guarantee you that the crack heads had nothing to do with this ridiculous flood zone that we have and the unsurmountable cost associated with it. I know that I could put some of that money that I would be saving into making my home a nicer property but somehow the crackheads caused that. I had alternate parking on my street during the winter months from November to April well someone had a brainstorm of an idea that it was needed during the Spring, Summer and Fall months too. Probably should thank the crack heads for that also. Mr. Szymanski hasnt done a thing for the citizens of the second ward except use them to try and catapult his career. Wake up Lackawanna lets get off this same ole same ole crap. He will use all the citizens of Lackawanna to take his next step. If he had put as much effort and energy into helping the people of the second ward as he has put into establishing his life long political career we would have much to thank him for. I saqy he has had his chance to proof himself and aqs common as it is in Lackawanna I must give him a failing grade so please lets break tradition and instead of passing him on lets teach him by passing him over. One must wonder how the great police force of Lackawanna like it when someone says that the second wards problems are all caused by the crackheads who took the ward over, and that the police while working on this problem seem not to have been able to stop it in the last six years. I am sorry but I think our police force does a great job.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information