Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayoral Candidate Geoffrey Szymanski's Platform

Doesn't he live on Martin Road?

Quote from Lackcitizen:
    This is an election that I have been researching tediously. I have confronted candidates, been threatened, been lied too and bullied. I will stand my ground and if I have problems resulting from them, I will take it higher then it has ever been taken before. I believe you can fight city hall. Andrea does it all the time, it may not always work out in her favor but I give her credit for saying what she believes in.

Did you report this to the office you say you work at? According to your posts, they are there to keep government honest. I think someone asked you about doing your civic duty. Well, what stops you?

Quote Originally Posted by gibbsgal View Post
    Quote from Lackcitizen:
    This is an election that I have been researching tediously. I have confronted candidates, been threatened, been lied too and bullied. I will stand my ground and if I have problems resulting from them, I will take it higher then it has ever been taken before. I believe you can fight city hall. Andrea does it all the time, it may not always work out in her favor but I give her credit for saying what she believes in.

Did you report this to the office you say you work at? According to your posts, they are there to keep government honest. I think someone asked you about doing your civic duty. Well, what stops you?
    Unless I witness it, it is all hearsay in a court of law

Quote from Lackcitizen:

No criminal threats, unless they are going to physically harm me, there is nothing legally to report!

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Government honest?? Why haven't you spoken to someone where you work about the city you live in....you can even call it in .....all confidential...and quiet!! You can save all the people of Lackawanna and beyond...it is far reaching. Civic duty!
    you need proof, why don't they ask for ID at poling places? I witnessed nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Maybe your job is better then mine, but your morals and integrity aren't !
    are you physic? Otherwise how would you know. I do volunteer work also, do you?

Lackcitizen what you are telling me then is that Mickey Kearns is a much better politician than Szymanski because Kearns was able to get rid of the flood insurance for 2500 of the people he represents in South Buffalo. Therefore the only conclusion that I can draw from this is Szymanski's best isnt good enough and he should just quit the race because he cant accomplish what other people have. As I have said before six years of this guy and nothing now its election time again and its lets see what I can do for you. Also I must state that Mr. McCusker has been out talking with residents and discussing his plans, however somehow through your ignorance you want to make it seem like how dare he hold a fund raising event. Is he the first to do this? Doesnt every politician and cadidate hold fund raisers? Hasnt Jaworski, or Szymanski ever held them. I havent to date heard either of their messages maybe I shoukld buy a ticket to theirs. They sure havent visited my house. You dont think the Rev holds one every Sunday? See it is very clear that your only intent is to bash candidates that you dont want in office which makes you a droid. Heres a thought why dont the 5 candidates actually hold a debate at lets say the senior center or the school and actually discuss the issues facing this City of ours !
    you are talking about 2 different governing systems. Buffalo & Lackawanna do not operate the same way!

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post
    I saw the mayor on Channel 4 the other evening all concerned about the train tracks. What Ward is that? Which councilman should have/could have/would have addressed that issue YEARS AGO? The mayor just now realized those arms didn't come down? He's concerned about a train that comes by 4 times a month (according to the news), but isn't concerned that the sidewalks aren't plowed all winter for the school kids to get to and from school safely? Again...which councilman is in charge of that Ward??
    That was a contract signed by Mayor Polanski.

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post
    It's interesting that Szymanski and Jaworski are permitted to have fundraisers, but McCusker isn't. When my aunt heard Szymanski's name, she asked "Isn't he Micky's boy?" When she heard Jaworski's name, she wanted to know if he was "Ron's boy?" In other words, you have to be somebody's "boy" to be considered eligible to run for an office in Lackawanna?

What are the "hot buttons" (issues) in Lackawanna these days?
    (1) When people enter Lackawanna via Route 5, what do they see all along South Park? Empty businesses. Boarded up, abandoned, condemned, graffiti'd buildings and vacant lots full of weeds.
    (2) When people drive through "Main Street", what do they see? FOR RENT and FOR SALE signs where businesses used to be, a pawn shop, a liquor store and bars.
    (3) When people walk to the post office or bank from OLV or from Baker Victory Services, what do they see? Dirty sidewalks, people standing outside of bars smoking and spitting, scary homeless-looking people talking to themselves.
    (4) When people drive into the city from South Buffalo, have you noticed all the hundreds of trees lined along the route ready to be planted and the clearly marked bike lanes painted on their streets? Once you cross the South Buffalo/Lackawanna border...you KNOW IT!
    (5) Why are people allowed to simply walk away from buildings that they can't rent or sell and move across town to a "better location" and take up residence there while the neighborhood they abandoned have to watch the building crumble and decay and bring down THEIR property values? Where is the accountability? What are the consequences?
    (6) Why are the City Council passing regulations and ordinances and then BACKING THEM UP to send out a clear message to criminals, drug dealers, absentee landlords...YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED IN OUR CITY?
    Great points, if there is a debate, submit those questions & every candidate will have to answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Lackcitizen View Post
    you are talking about 2 different governing systems. Buffalo & Lackawanna do not operate the same way!
    Both are corrupt.

Lackcitizen while they are both different governing systems the simple truth and fact is that the mandated flood insurance for both was from the same entity. The difference is in personal fortitude Mr. Kearns was able to recognize a problem that was effecting his constiguents, he researched the problem with a lot of his time and energy, he then fought for a resolution. It doesnt matter what city each is from or how each ones city government operates. In the end only one who set out with the goal of getting rid of the flood insurance between these two were successfull. Oh by the way the same thing was accomplished by Tonawanda also, seems like you just have excuse after excuse for Mr. Szymanski. Great research.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackcitizen View Post
    are you physic? Otherwise how would you know. I do volunteer work also, do you?
    YES.......SHE'S AN ATTACK DOG AS A SECOND JOB......no wait...she does do that for free..good luck Lackcitizen with these name calling bunch...

I bet her bite is worse than the bark too! Woof Woof!

Quote Originally Posted by toms View Post
    YES.......SHE'S AN ATTACK DOG AS A SECOND JOB......no wait...she does do that for free..good luck Lackcitizen with these name calling bunch...
    Thanks Toms but I think I can handle myself! Name calling is just an immature way of not knowing what to say.

I bet her bite is worse than the bark too! Woof Woof!
    I don't bite, but I do box, just for fun though!

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information