Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon FIOS

Verizon FIOS

We currently have Verizon telephone (copper wire) and 1 MBps DSL internet and it works just fine. However V has a new promotion for $50/mo for telephone & high speed internet over FIOS. It's $50/mo for 6 mo. then after that it's $60 for the 1st 2 years. I have no interest in TV (we have DISH), just telephone & internet.

I'd appreciate hearing any comments from those who have converted over to FIOS.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

converted Internet and TV to FIOS from TWC a few years ago. I wouldnt change back to TW for any amount of money.

Verizon fios

I have VERIZON FIOS, PHONE, INTERNET AND DIRECT TV...have had no problems locally...but only once when could not get on internet..they had a problem with their equipment, and it was repaired quickly..would never go back to cable, or dish tv.
    I think its great!

Quote Originally Posted by bflonum1fan View Post
    We currently have Verizon telephone (copper wire) and 1 MBps DSL internet and it works just fine. However V has a new promotion for $50/mo for telephone & high speed internet over FIOS. It's $50/mo for 6 mo. then after that it's $60 for the 1st 2 years. I have no interest in TV (we have DISH), just telephone & internet.

I'd appreciate hearing any comments from those who have converted over to FIOS.
    I would snatch it up in a minute if it was offered here. You cannot beat FIOS with any other bulk broadband supplier. Upload speeds are the best too!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I love my Fios, my puter speed is 35/35 and along with the Ultimate HD TV package I pay $114 a month and couldn't be happier!!!

The only services I can get at this time from Verizon FIOS is phone & internet. This is fine because I like my DISH satellite, and don't want to change it. After the 2 year promotion period of $50 for 1st 6 mo, and $60 for mos. 7-12, the standard rate will jump to $80. Right now I'm upgrading my DSL from 1MBPS to 1.5 MBPS, and I'll check that out 1st.

I do not want to lose my copper lines , which is what I think will happen if I go to FIOS. Copper lines are impervious to power failures since they run off 24 VDC.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

My FIOS service is more reliable then CableVision was.
    Outages are far and few between.

Yet just like CV, my FIOS bill is different each month.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Well after 4 days of no dial tone because of the squirrels, I finally decided to make the conversion to FIOS. It will be installed in the next 2 days, I hope I'm not disappointed. Our laptop has a built in wireless port; will it work with the new FIOS router ?

love it

I have a phone internet and tv package with three tvs $120 total base is 99 per month but I have etra recievers. price has not changed in three years. if you play games on line fios is almost a must.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Verizon keeps advertising their believed FIOS as the best, BUT they're discriminating against the City of Buffalo as 90-95% can't get FIOS & Verizon keeps BSing as to why, I live in a nice "pocket" of Buffalo, but ALL should be able to get it, are they afraid of the inner city? I personally like Time-Warner cable, the Internet speed is fast, the HD quality very good, & my TW digital phone is fine, Verizon can shove their FIOS where the sun doesn't shine as TW has been laying fibre optic cable in the COB & will grab 100,000 to 150,000 customers fast....
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Lots of politics in the cable/internet game.
    Switched over to FIOS internet/phone 4 years ago.
    Had to wait a year and a half after that before Verizon paid the proper bribes to my town pols for TV service.

I still think it's the best.

BUT they're discriminating against the City of Buffalo as 90-95% can't get FIOS
    We live in the city and are getting FIOS (without TV) on Friday.

We just had DIRECTV installed at our house, and the technician and I started talking about cable, FIOS, internet, etc.

What he told me is that City of Buffalo is trying to extort money from Verizon in order to install FIOS TV. They don't have a problem with FIOS phone or internet because they use the original telephone poles that have been phone company property and liens for a long time. Apparently City of Buffalo will not allow the TV to be installed without paying a premium to the city. Who woulda
    thunk it ? So it may not be Verizon BS ing, it may be our beloved city.

FIOS Done !

We just had the FIOS (without TV) installed last Friday. The installation took 6 hours and it went without problems. Except for the blazing 15 MBPS internet, the installation was seamless. Verizon installed a wireless router in my basement and it's a lot cleaner than the old way (wires).

People in the west coast seem to notice a difference in the voice quality (minor echo). I still have some minor problems with the computer finding the router, and I have to disable then re-enable the wireless connection. It's a minor nuisance but eventually I'll figure it out. If anyone has any tips let me know (we have windows XP, SP3 +)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by CigarDon View Post
    I love my Fios, my puter speed is 35/35 and along with the Ultimate HD TV package I pay $114 a month and couldn't be happier!!!
    First no one is sending at 35/35 and I get Verizon high speed for $19.00 plus tax and Vonage for $20.00 plus ROKU with NETFLIX and hundreds of other stations for $8.00. I get the samething including local TV for about $50.00.

Tell Verizon and they will charge less?

Quote Originally Posted by bflonum1fan View Post
    The only services I can get at this time from Verizon FIOS is phone & internet. This is fine because I like my DISH satellite, and don't want to change it. After the 2 year promotion period of $50 for 1st 6 mo, and $60 for mos. 7-12, the standard rate will jump to $80. Right now I'm upgrading my DSL from 1MBPS to 1.5 MBPS, and I'll check that out 1st.

I do not want to lose my copper lines , which is what I think will happen if I go to FIOS. Copper lines are impervious to power failures since they run off 24 VDC.
    You only need dsl no phone and then get Vonage or just tell them you are leaving and the price will drop???????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information