Thread: Massa for Congress in 08 !!

Thumbs up Massa for Congress in 08 !!

Friends and Supporters,

I just wanted to write a brief note and share a press release we just released. Much to my surprise, I was just named to the Esquire Magazine Top 100 list on newsstands today. I gave an interview with Esquire back in August, but was under the impression that it would result in a small article, not a full page in their annual top 100 list. It was quite an honor to be named as "one of the one hundred remarkable people, things, ideas, and places that [Esquire] think[s] will be making an impact on our culture, large or small, in the months ahead." You can read the article in it's entirety by clicking here and our response by press release below:
    For Immediate Release:
    Esquire Magazine names Eric Massa in Nation's Top 100
    CORNING N.Y. – 29th Congressional District Candidate and Retired Naval Commander Eric Massa was listed as number 35 in Esquire Magazine's annual top 100 list. Massa is running against Republican incumbent Randy Kuhl after coming within 1% of defeating him in 2006 in the most Republican District in New York State. In August, Massa gave an interview with Esquire Magazine under the impression that he would get a brief write up, instead he got a full page article in the October 2007 issue. Below is an excerpt from the article which can be viewed in full on the web at http://www.esquire.com/features/esqu...ericmassa1007:

Massa, forty-eight, served in the Navy for twenty-four years -- in Beirut in the 1980s, in the Persian Gulf in the 1990s -- and became a commander. In 1998, as an assistant to General Wesley Clark at NATO, he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. It's a curable cancer, and after two years of surgery, radiation, and chemo, Massa was declared cancer free. (But stress on his immune system could trigger a relapse.) He left the Navy, bought a four-bedroom colonial in Corning, New York, and took a corporate job with a good retirement plan. Then Bush got reelected.
    The war, certainly, is a part of his platform, along with health care, veterans' benefits, and labor rights. The war makes him sick. What really sets him off is politicians using the phrase "This soldier gave his life." "Here's a news flash: No soldier gives his life," he says. "That's not the way it works. Most soldiers who make a conscious decision to place themselves in harm's way do it to protect their buddies. They do it because of the bonds of friendship -- and it goes so much deeper than friendship."

Massa is excitable, and everyone worries about his health while he's out there hustling, staying until the last handshake, eating too late at night. "At my last physical, the doctor said, 'Doing this again could kill you.' And I said -- and this is true, hand to God -- 'My not running for Congress could result in hundreds of soldiers getting killed. So you tell me where the risk balance is.' This country is in danger of losing the United States of America in one generation. So it's not, Will you run again? it's, How could I not?"

"Since I spend my time reading our local newspapers, I was quite surprised and humbled that Esquire Magazine named me to their top 100 list," said Congressional Candidate Eric Massa. "I know that we are going to win this race, and being named as the only politician on their list is a great honor. I know that the way forward for our nation is to put a stop to the rubberstamping of the President, and serve the people of the 29th Congressional District. When I am elected, I will do just that, no matter which party the President might come from."

I thank you for your continued support and again, please feel free to contact me at any point by clicking on the "Ask Eric Anything" button below.

Sincerely,

Eric Massa
    Commander US Navy (ret.)
    Congressional Candidate, NY-29

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Good job!.....

Thread Information