Thread: You've Got to be KIDDING ME!!!!

You've Got to be KIDDING ME!!!!

Will it ever stop!!!!! Now we find out people in the Governor's office purposely set out to block AG Cuomo's probe into the Troopergate scandal.

This story just keeps on growing. You heard it here, Spitzer will be gone by the end of the year.

For more details check out this link http://www.nypost.com/seven/08132007..._u__dicker.htm

Quote Originally Posted by politico
    Will it ever stop!!!!! Now we find out people in the Governor's office purposely set out to block AG Cuomo's probe into the Troopergate scandal.

This story just keeps on growing. You heard it here, Spitzer will be gone by the end of the year.

For more details check out this link http://www.nypost.com/seven/08132007..._u__dicker.htm

At first, I thought "gee, Spitzer's just as bad as everyone else in Albany". But now, I have to wonder how one goes about changing the political landscape in Albany without making some really tough and sometimes unethical decisions.

The way I see it now is that Eliot was trying to do NYS a huge favor. How do you get rid of jackasses like Bruno? You wait for them to screw up. Spitzer took a huge risk and lost big time, but I believe he was doing it for the good of the state...

Now that people are "against" Spitzer, and he is looking like the bad guy, who on Earth is going want to challenge NYS politics now? The system is bigger than any one person, and I think this proves it.
    I am so omniscient - if there were to be two omnisciences, I would be both.

Yep, the shortsightedness is truly astonishing.

Of course Spitzer is going to get a lot of opposition because he's attempting to defeat the 'machine'. Do you all want to keep the staus quo or would you like our NYS to be prosperous and fair? So we don't all pay sky high taxes for one thing, but the corruption in our state, including Joe Bruno, is robbing us all!

Come on let's not be naive. Spitzer's overall motives may not have been entirely nefarious, but do the ends justify the means? In this case I say no. The Governor was so blinded by hubris that he allowed (knowingly or not) his minions to attack a political rival. But the real problem isn't the act, its the cover up. Where there's smoke there's fire, and the governor's office is at 5-alarm status.

Quote Originally Posted by politico
    Come on let's not be naive. Spitzer's overall motives may not have been entirely nefarious, but do the ends justify the means? In this case I say no. The Governor was so blinded by hubris that he allowed (knowingly or not) his minions to attack a political rival. But the real problem isn't the act, its the cover up. Where there's smoke there's fire, and the governor's office is at 5-alarm status.
    Now who's being naive? Spitzer is the top officer in the state and represents US. Are you saying he doesn't have the right to double check on employees of NYS?
    Even if Bruno got out of it, he's covered his trail very well because he knew Spitzer was going to do this.

As our representation in Albany, Spitzer's act has been turned around and the victims become the offenders. A worn out tactic that apparently still works. Talk about cover ups.

Covered his trail? Everyone from Cuomo to Sptizer himself acknowledges that Bruno did nothing wrong. He followed the rules, no matter how ridiculous they may be.

And forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Governor of New York have better things to do then check on the travel habits of the Senate Majority Leader?

How about fostering good relations with the legislature so he can pass his initiatives and stick to his "day one" promises.

Spitzer may be a great talent, but history (both political and social) is littered with people who squandered theirs, and he is very close to joining that group.

It is great to watch people defend the "next coming" Eliot Spitzer. These same people truly thought things would change in this State after he got in. Spitzer constantly talks out of one side of his mouth while doing the exact opposite with the other side.

He says that former Sen. Balboni cannot be in campaign ads so that he can get another Democrat in the State Senate but then allows a former Democratic Assemblyman that he appointed to appear and finance the campaign of another Democrat. He talks about campaign finance and creates his own set of rules, only to violate them and host extravagant fundraisers for himself and others.

Bruno didn't work well with Spitzer to begin with, how do you think it is going to be after this episode? The only people who will suffer are the taxpayers, especially when next year's budget is not passed on time because the Governor has burned his bridges with both Silver and Bruno at different times of the past year.

Another thing is that Mr. Spitzer is just using his Governorship as a stepping stone towards his ultimate goal of running for President. He will likely try and follow the Hillary model. Do nothing for New York State. Take credit for the few good things that occur here despite their best efforts to hinder the process and brush off the negatives and hope they don't stick. He changed his campaign website from Spitzer2006 to Spitzer 2010 shortly after election. Some would argue that this was the only thing to change on "Day 1" and ever since then.

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    It is great to watch people defend the "next coming" Eliot Spitzer. These same people truly thought things would change in this State after he got in. Spitzer constantly talks out of one side of his mouth while doing the exact opposite with the other side.

He says that former Sen. Balboni cannot be in campaign ads so that he can get another Democrat in the State Senate but then allows a former Democratic Assemblyman that he appointed to appear and finance the campaign of another Democrat. He talks about campaign finance and creates his own set of rules, only to violate them and host extravagant fundraisers for himself and others.

Bruno didn't work well with Spitzer to begin with, how do you think it is going to be after this episode? The only people who will suffer are the taxpayers, especially when next year's budget is not passed on time because the Governor has burned his bridges with both Silver and Bruno at different times of the past year.

Another thing is that Mr. Spitzer is just using his Governorship as a stepping stone towards his ultimate goal of running for President. He will likely try and follow the Hillary model. Do nothing for New York State. Take credit for the few good things that occur here despite their best efforts to hinder the process and brush off the negatives and hope they don't stick. He changed his campaign website from Spitzer2006 to Spitzer 2010 shortly after election. Some would argue that this was the only thing to change on "Day 1" and ever since then.
    So then, how DO you go about changing Albany? I don't think Spitzer is the "second coming" by any stretch of the imagination. I had simply hoped that someone was going to to something to provoke change. It's easy to post on a message board "he/she is going to change things", but nobody ever considers HOW that change could possibly take place given NYS' current political disposition.
    I am so omniscient - if there were to be two omnisciences, I would be both.

Thread Information