View Poll Results: What would you do if the bosses at your new job are jerks?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quit right away, especially if there is danger of them firing you.

2 15.38%
  • Stick it out and hope it improves.

9 69.23%
  • Nothing.

0 0%
  • Cower in a corner while you work on your resume.

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you just started a new job and the bosses are rude and nasty, what do you do?

I gave my notice at this place.

Hope they find someone to replace me ASAP so I don't have the stay the last week.

I'm keeping my other usual job for now

Thanks for all your help.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

should have taken carefully detailed notes, and possibly audio/video recordings (not sure if NY is a 1 party state or not) and if it got really bad sued them for having a hostile work environment
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Thankfully there was no union at your former place of employment, otherwise they might have had to treat with you dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    should have taken carefully detailed notes, and possibly audio/video recordings (not sure if NY is a 1 party state or not) and if it got really bad sued them for having a hostile work environment
    NY is a "One party state" as far as recording telephone conversations is concerned. However, you cannot record audio in a live conversation with another person. That person has the expectation of privacy in that case. (Don't ask me why this is in NYS) You can record video if they are someplace considered 'in public view', meaning anyone walking by can plainly see what's happening. I'm not sure if you as an employee would be able to do so in the boss's own office, as again, they'd have some expection of privacy. And even if you could take video, you still cannot record an audio track on the video. The only case where I think this wouldn't hold true is if your boss was committing a crime against you personally, then the courts may forgive the breaking of a lesser law in the face of a greater offense.

BTW... if it were me in that situation. I would dig out all my boss's deep-dark secrets... and then use those secrets to destroy them without mercy.

But that's just me.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    BTW... if it were me in that situation. I would dig out all my boss's deep-dark secrets... and then use those secrets to destroy them without mercy.

But that's just me.
    WOuld you really when it came down to it? Cause harm on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    WOuld you really when it came down to it? Cause harm on purpose?
    You've met me, right?

Not to belittle Achbek's plight but in general NY is pro worker, pro tenant, and usually in a small business setting the employee has the rights,, Even in an 'at will' employer state. I have had un employees get un employment even after I PROVED and documented they were fired for due cause.

This state blows

Thanks again everyone. Now I'm again looking to pick up a second part time job... But I'm still a little shell shocked by what happened at this place. By the way, they posted this job again a few weeks back... so that means the person they hired after me must have ran screaming too after three months.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information