Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Proceedings to remove Piotrowski and Bielecki from office

Although you may not like what the board voted on and agreed to it did not relieve the comptroller from properly auditing claims and preparing abstracts, and did not relieve him from his duty to properly record all financial activity. It also did not relieve him of his duties to provide monthly financial reports to the Town Board, annually audit departments as required, and provide Board members the results of the Town’s external audits. This vote also did not relieve the comptroller from his duty to properly record inter-fund activity associated with cash advances made to the special grant fund from other Town funds.

That vote also did not authorize the Supervisor to pay claims that were not properly audited by the Comptroller and in the absence of abstracts directing such payments.
    Last edited by dtwarren; March 20th, 2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: spelling
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

You are kind of missing the point and in the process showing your true motivation and animus for P and B. There were no claims to audit other than credit card statements because this is how Bove and Graber set it up. If you refer to the grant administration agreement, item number 10, "the town shall pay-over to WNY on a monthly basis on or before the first of each month an amount equal to 1/12 of the Annual Grant Award value.

In other words, Bove made it so the town would advance money for Americorps to spend. Not properly auditing claims is secondary as the money was already spent. And again, when this accounting was not done wherein Bielecki could not audit these claims, he attempted to cut off the advancments and was threathened with termination for doing so.

You are missing the point this involves more than Americorps. This involves a systematic and prolonged pattern of routine disregard of the mandates of law and procedure by the Supervisor and the Comptroller and constitutes either gross dereliction or intentional disregard of their duties and the public trust that justify their removal from office.

If you read the Report of the State Comptroller both the Supervisor and Bielecki raised similar arguments to those you raise here and they were rejected because they were not limited to transactions involving Americorps. I know you like to think that all the problems in this town is related to Americorps, but it is simply not the case.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

They may not all be related to Americorps, but it certainly was the start of wrongdoing by the town board. Clark & Koller were intentionally avoiding & looking the other way when the overspending of Lazzara started and in effect, this Supervisor is following in their footsteps.

I don't "like to think" all of the problems revolve around Americorps, but I do know that most of these problems are because of Americorps. The state comptroller's audit that you reference was triggered because of Americorps' wrongdoing. You didn't hear about disputes in charges from Matt English or Pat DePasquale or Bob Walsh because there weren't any. It was all Mark Lazarra.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendKiller View Post
    I don't "like to think" all of the problems revolve around Americorps, but I do know that most of these problems are because of Americorps. The state comptroller's audit that you reference was triggered because of Americorps' wrongdoing. You didn't hear about disputes in charges from Matt English or Pat DePasquale or Bob Walsh because there weren't any. It was all Mark Lazarra.
    We will see won't we.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    We will see won't we.
    We certainly will my friend, we certainly will.

You willing to reimburse the taxpayers for the legal fees for defending this suit if it doesn't go your way?

I already paid the filing feees and the town has several attorneys on its payroll that are experienced and competent to undertake any defense within their salary the taxpayers already pay them irrespetive of whether or not the proceeding is commenced.

I believe the operative question is whether or not Mr. Bielecki and Mr. Piotrowski is willing to pay for their own defense?

The Town should have the State Comptroller's office determine and itemize the improper payments made, including the Americorps credit card abuse, and proceed against their bond for recovery of those payments allowed to be made due to their failure to perform their respective duties.

The Town should have the State Comptroller's office determine and itemize the improper payments made, including the Americorps credit card abuse, and proceed against their bond for recovery of those payments allowed to be made due to their failure to perform their respective duties.
    Dan believe it or not I agree with you on that. I think the audit said of the 200 items they looked at they found objections with over 190 of them. Why did that not trigger a full forensic audit by somebody whether on the local or state level?

I gotta start paying attention to the WS threads more often. You people keep things exciting with your corruption and whatnots. And, I thought Lackawanna was interesting.

I already paid the filing feees and the town has several attorneys on its payroll that are experienced and competent to undertake any defense within their salary the taxpayers already pay them irrespetive of whether or not the proceeding is commenced.
    But this will take them away from something else, just like all the FOIL people do, it takes them away from something else.

DT, how is that law degree coming along? I know you mentioned this in the past, you're currently working on it?

Also, will you do anything about any Open Meeting Laws being violated?

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture View Post
    But this will take them away from something else, just like all the FOIL people do, it takes them away from something else.

DT, how is that law degree coming along? I know you mentioned this in the past, you're currently working on it?
    What are they being taken away from that is more important than making sure each and every town officer is fulfilling their respective duties?

Do you think Bielecki and Piotrowski should be rewarded for their respective failures to fullfill their duties?

Do you think in light of these failures they should not have been paid their respective wages?

Do you think they should be removed from office beacuse of their blatant disregard to their duties and misconduct?

Is this conduct acceptable to you?

Why do you never respond substantively to anything that is discussed here?

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    I gotta start paying attention to the WS threads more often. You people keep things exciting with your corruption and whatnots. And, I thought Lackawanna was interesting.
    The big 3 in WNY Lackawanna, West Seneca and Cheektowaga. What do they all have in common? They all have been controlled by Democrats for years. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    The big 3 in WNY Lackawanna, West Seneca and Cheektowaga. What do they all have in common? They all have been controlled by Democrats for years. Coincidence?
    Nope, not at all. Any place that is controlled by people who by platform believe it is okay to murder and slaughter American children cannot be that far removed from the madness they create!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

per theLegendKiller: "until Christina Bove threatened him with termination."

Kind Sir/Madam, You have said that phrase twice in this post with no further substantiation that I could see. Please substantiate that claim or further clarify.

Notwithstanding - I am neither pro or con toward Mr. Bielicki, but if he was indeed threatened in any way, why didn't he come forward? Surely this job does not constitute a majority of earnings for him... I would be shocked if he caved in to fear and intimidation, as you allege.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information