Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Death Panel Decides Baby Should Die, Canadian Court Agrees

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    With Obama Care, you'll also have the option of paying cash if you're sentenced by the death panel.
    So, you don't deny the idea of death panels?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    That totally ridiculous.
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

I'm willing to use your words to prove my point. Sure, Obama will have death panels. Just like you, I, and every other person who has insurance already has.

I have a son like Joseph, he was given one hour to live 21 years ago. Anyone who would like to meet me in person to talk about this issue I am game. A thread on SU is no place for it.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    I have a son like Joseph, he was given one hour to live 21 years ago. Anyone who would like to meet me in person to talk about this issue I am game. A thread on SU is no place for it.
    I agree.

I love the pay cash part. Sure, let me find a bank willing to give me a loan that I will never be able to pay back, on the order of millions of dollars. Hey loan officer, can I have a loan to help my sick child. DENIED!

Give me a break. Decisions like this are made all the time. Millions of children die each day from treatable illnesses. Simple infectious diseases, yet there is no pity for them. It's a crying shame. Perhaps the US could not build one bomber and send money to the Canadian government to help this poor child. Why don't you write congress and see what they say. DENIED!

It's a tragic case, to be sure, but one that happens daily on many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie View Post
    I love the pay cash part. Sure, let me find a bank willing to give me a loan that I will never be able to pay back, on the order of millions of dollars. Hey loan officer, can I have a loan to help my sick child. DENIED!
    I've paid cash for medical services, including treatment of a very hyperactive thyroid. It cost a lot of money and took years to pay off. I didn't get loans for medical expenses. That thought never even occurred to me. I just paid the bills on a monthly basis until they're paid.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

I've paid cash for medical services, including treatment of a very hyperactive thyroid. It cost a lot of money and took years to pay off. I didn't get loans for medical expenses. That thought never even occurred to me. I just paid the bills on a monthly basis until they're paid.
    Under Obama Care, you would also have the option of paying cash in order to avoid the alleged death panels.
    So, your "at least no I have the option of paying cash" response is invalid, isn't it?

Furthermore, to even say "you can always pay cash," - when we're talking about catastrophic illnesses (hundreds of thousands - maybe millions of dollars) has no application to the 99.9% of us who will never be able to afford that.

Under Obama Care, you would also have the option of paying cash ...
    I'm curious ... Is that on the same page as the penalties for not being enrolled?

I'm curious ... Is that on the same page as the penalties for not being enrolled?
    I will quote you:
    Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    The claim may be denied, but you can always pay cash.
    You're talking in circles now, because you know you have no argument.

I will quote you:

You're talking in circles now, because you know you have no argument.
    I'm talking circles? okay dodger.

I'm talking circles? okay dodger.
    Dodger? Not sure what that means - I can only assume you're saying I dodge questions? I beg to differ, if that's what you're saying.

Anyway, if you want to continue the discussion of the thread (you are the one that started the thread after all,) then let's do it.

But, if you want to just keep talking in circles, changing the subject every time I pose a question to you, then......why bother?

Dodger? Not sure what that means - I can only assume you're saying I dodge questions? I beg to differ, if that's what you're saying.

Anyway, if you want to continue the discussion of the thread (you are the one that started the thread after all,) then let's do it.

But, if you want to just keep talking in circles, changing the subject every time I pose a question to you, then......why bother?
    I'm not going to discuss your derogatory statements
    This is an FYI kind of thread. Kinda like the sleep thread. Or, are you going to pick an argument with me on that one too? If you'll follow the links in the OP you'll see that this was a copy n paste.

I'm not going to discuss your derogatory statements
    This is an FYI kind of thread. Kinda like the sleep thread. Or, are you going to pick an argument with me on that one too? If you'll follow the links in the OP you'll see that this was a copy n paste.
    Gotcha. No problem.
    I just assumed that when you started a thread warning everyone about Canadian death panels, that you would want to discuss the issue.
    That's fine.

Derogatory statements? I guess you're joking because you had a there.

And, I don't even remember what the sleep thread was! Guess I've been here too long.

Notwithstanding the fact that it's a horribly sad story, what would have happened if this baby lived here, and had "regular" insurance, i.e. Blue Cross, Independent Health, etc?
    How would his treatment have differed?

Is anyone so naive as to think that the insurance companies don't some form of panels, as well? Or, do they just keep paying to keep people plugged in indefinitely?
    Watch the video here. I cannot find a way to post this.
    Especially pay attention to the discussion 6:55 for the legal issues in the USA.
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02...ng-tube-place/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information