Thread: VOL Board Meeting, Livestreamed On Facebook: Is This Permanent?

VOL Board Meeting, Livestreamed On Facebook: Is This Permanent?

I am glad to see that the VOL Board has seemed to move in the direction of livestreaming.

Tonight's livestreaming was carried on the VOL's Facebook page.

If the village intends on making livestreaming permanent, I note that the Facebook offering is limited to those with Facebook accounts, so may I suggest that the VOL Board extend its viewership by in someway, linking the livestreaming on the VOL government website; something akin to the way the Lancaster Town Board offers its livestreaming on the Town of Lancaster government website?

Such an effort may give all village residents and interested parties who are connected to the internet, the ability to watch the proceedings.

Nevertheless, tonight's livestream is a very positive step in the direction of transparency.

References:

https://www.facebook.com/VillageofLancasterNY

https://www.facebook.com/VillageofLancasterNY/videos/825021679452915

Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 25th, 2024 at 08:15 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

This is the Lancaster Town Clerk's website containing a link to the town's livestreaming offerings:

https://www.lancasterny.gov/departments/town-clerk.html

This is the Town of Lancaster You Tube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8...eV16CQ/streams
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 25th, 2024 at 08:27 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

I watched with a happy heart tonight the VOL's very first live stream session. Finally the public will get an in depth look at and an ability to judge what their representatives said and meant during meetings. I hope ALL meetings concerning the spending of tax dollars or passing of new rules and regulations are also live.

Kudos to all of those outside the loop that brought the increasing pressure it takes to get some things done by timid public servants. Some credit must also go to Trustee Malone for her dogged pursuit of this new system. Mayor Ruda does not give in easy, so good on you Trustee Malone. I have another task you may want to consider to help even more the peoples input into their own government's decisions and operation. Propose a 5 minute minimum for the public to address or question the Board and include a modest extension if ANY member of the Board requests so.

Had Mr. Schoeder taken up either of these two proposals he could have claimed some credit for the oddly quick manner in which the first was installed after the TIE sent an earth moving message to the Ruda/Sweeney team.

Tonight the Mayor curtly reminded the Press represented by James Sinner of the Lancaster Bee that he was limited to "THREE" minutes! Even with live video this mayor cannot open up her meetings to any more queries or pertinent questions that may embarrass her or Tom Sweeney. I noticed Mr. Sweeney is lead for the Chamber of Commerce of the VOL and it's coming extravaganza to be help celebrate the VOL's big birthday. This came after a discussion about the present parking predicament. Caused by a short sighted street plan and forced grant imposed traffic circles that ate up valuable commercial frontage and regular intersection parking spaces this problem seemed to draw vapid inquiries from some Trustees with no sense of how solve a problem the Mayor know full well she has caused it. She sat silently never revealing the plot of property she bought back in a shady land deal is the same one she had grass planted on is the very same one Sweeney originally proposed for extra village parking and for his tenants in Phase Two. I believe has ongoing court case pending concerning this subject. Not a word from Mayor Shady.

The Mayor lives in the shadows of the bureaucracy she creates along with her biggest political supporter Mr. Sweeney.
    It will be time to answer up soon enough now as I believe many locals are reading these posts and someone WILL bring it up along with much from the peoples only platform, the VOL Board meeting, and the elected have to answer or pay the price at the voting booth

Quote Originally Posted by GroundControl View Post

Kudos to all of those outside the loop that brought the increasing pressure it takes to get some things done by timid public servants.
    Indeed!

A thanks to VOL native David Rinow and citizen warrior Paul Nosbisch, for their bold words at recent Village Board meetings.

Of course, as always, a hearty "Well Done," to Lee Chowaniec who through his forthright, fact based, and impartial commentary on Speak Up, once again has struck a blow for government transparency and ultimately, accountability.

Some credit must also go to Trustee Malone for her dogged pursuit of this new system.
    Totally agree!!!

Had Mr. Schoeder taken up either of these two proposals he could have claimed some credit for the oddly quick manner in which the first was installed after the TIE sent an earth moving message to the Ruda/Sweeney team.
    In fairness GC, Mayor Schroeder while not directly calling for livestreaming, did question as to why the VOL Board had not yet installed livestreaming:

Schroeder...because regardless of the push online and at meetings by village residents, the village has yet to install livestreaming equipment. “I don’t know what the holdup is. Lancaster is kind of an aging community, and there’s a lot of people that would like to know what is going on, and that would be an ideal setup for them,” Schroeder said. “I would have thought this would have been done a long time ago.”
    Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...cial-election/

Tonight the Mayor curtly reminded the Press represented by James Sinner of the Lancaster Bee that he was limited to "THREE" minutes!
    Sometimes, having a strong background in both history and journalism, comes in handy.

Combining those two strengths, I remind the Mayor of something that a former co-owner and editor of The Buffalo Express once said:

"Never pick a fight with anyone who buys ink by the barrel."---Mark Twain
    Click on image to enlarge:

Silly Mayor, eh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 25th, 2024 at 11:12 PM.

Thread Information