Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Princeton Estates"

Thumbs up "Princeton Estates"

Just an update, the Fisher Road family did not sell.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Which means?

What about their neighbors ?

I heard that they had been working on the owners on both sides of the Marrano parcel ?

Do you know if anyone intervened on their behalf yet or are they just standing firm ?
    The Truth Shall Set You Free........Aunt Esther

common,
    I was told that they did. Supporting the alleged fact is that they(Marrano) have been up there with heavy equipment on Friday and Saturday cutting down the trees (not small ones either, we're talking the big boys) and excavating the land.

The heavy equipment is there as we speak, so somebody sold or came to an agreement (which I was told was that the family was getting some lots out of the deal to sell, so maybe instead of selling they gave an easement of some kind?). Regardless, the Marrano juggernaut continues on unabated.

"Princeton Estates"

I know for a fact that they DID NOT sell. Marrano(Lurgio) isn't supposed to touch that land until an agreement was made but he is going ahead and doing whatever he wants. I called the police, councilman, Greenan on Saturday after I seen what was going on and NOBODY could answer me or make them stop. Something needs to be done about this, enough is enough!

Quote Originally Posted by commonman1
    I know for a fact that they DID NOT sell. Marrano(Lurgio) isn't supposed to touch that land until an agreement was made but he is going ahead and doing whatever he wants. I called the police, councilman, Greenan on Saturday after I seen what was going on and NOBODY could answer me or make them stop. Something needs to be done about this, enough is enough!

Thanks, I've never been so thrilled to be wrong! After I saw your post I contacted the town to see what the heck happened at the meeting on 7/12, but they don't post the minutes until after the next months meeting.

I was under the impression that a certain number of trees needed to remain on the property and that trees of a certain size must be left alone. If you did go back there on Saturday then you've seen the size of the trees that were cut down! They also have giant piles of massive trees stacked up (I was shocked at the size of the equipment that can do that!). I believe they actually began that work on Friday BTW.

I feel pretty bad for the family because they're between a rock and a hard place. They have one of the nicest houses on the street, and the pride they take in it is evident. I can't imagine they're happy to have a side-street 30ft from their house that will be the main entrance/exit for over 150 homes. The people in Fisher Ct are also going to see an increase in traffic as well. Hopefully they won't widen Fisher Rd.

Have you heard anything in regards to the sewer system? I know the house with the cream colored brick (right after the bridge) has problems everytime the creek rises. He can't flush any of his toilets and the water in them actually rises. Now add 150 homes to that sewer line and guess what will happen...

Thanks for being a thorn in the sides of the parties involved. I actually gave up when I heard it was a done deal, but now I'll be making a few calls. Thanks for the update.

Common,
    I forgot to mention that it appears as though somebody either burned or poured chemicals on an extremely large portion of the land back there (if you know where the stolen cars were left or where the path to the 219 is then that's the area).
    I am not saying it was Marrano (because I don't think they own that portion, but admittedly don't know), but somebody did something to it. If it was in fact a fire then I'd assume it was the kids that party up there, but I don't recall seeing vast amounts of smoke.

I was at the Town Meeting July 14th, nobody showed up or even knew about it was because they posted it on the back page of the Buffalo news and didn't even post it in the West Seneca Bee. I bet if more people knew they would have shown up. Lurgio assured the planning board that the sewer system was going to be fine and everything else would be wonderful.

I was at the Town Meeting July 14th, nobody showed up or even knew about it was because they posted it on the back page of the Buffalo news and didn't even post it in the West Seneca Bee. I bet if more people knew they would have shown up. Lurgio assured the planning board that the sewer system was going to be fine and everything else would be wonderful.

I just hung up with the "town". Plenty of people have called according to the people I talked to.
    I know that I've personally brought the other illegal Marrano activities to the town's attention and that they did eventually give the developer a written warning about altering the land. My problem with that is they have been told how many times to keep from excavating or cutting down trees (they also left a giant stump on the shoulder of the road that the town ended up picking up for Marrano), yet they continually violate the orders. If you or I ignored the town repeatedly we'd be fined out the ass. What are the repurcussions for Marrano for ignoring the Town's rules? I'll bet Greenan doesn't do a damn thing because the "good old boy" network is at work.

I just hung up with the "town". Plenty of people have called according to the people

Did the Town say they were going to do anything about it? This is politics at it's worst!

Did the Town say they were going to do anything about it? This is politics at it's worst!

The guy I talked to was going to forward my concerns to Greenan. I left my name and number and told him that I wanted to know what fines were levied, and if there weren't any I wanted to know why. It's not as if multiple 50ft trees and 1,000's of smaller ones can be replaced immediately if things went south.

I also went to the Town Hall during my lunch and read a hard copy of the Planning Board minutes. I love the fact that the family brought up the letter from Lorigo in regards to eminent domain/condemning the portion of the property, but I was ticked off that some Planning Board clown called it "inflamatory". How's it inflamatory if Lorigo admitted it was in the letter and that he did discuss it with TOWN ATTY GREENAN?

Long story short though, according to the minutes, it's all "AYES".

The part I'm most angered by is that the 154 homes will all enter and exit via the one road onto Fisher Rd. It's 2 lanes, 35 mph (yeah right...), how much longer until we take property away from Fisher Rd residents to widen the road for 154 jack asses?

I'll let you know if Greenan calls me, but I doubt it will happen.

Info I received yesterday

I read your recent posts and e-mailed Councilwoman Bove yesterday morning (Monday 7-30-07) to inquire as to the staus of the project.

She responded immediately, and said that WS Code Enforcement was asked to go over to the site and enforce a stop work order. She said that Code Enforcement had also called Marrano on Friday and told them not to continue work.

She went on further to explain that at the Planning Board meeting (the July 2007 meeting, I presume), Marrano was given a "conditional approval" based on the ability to put in a road as an emergency exit for the new subdivision, and that they need some land to do it.

She went on to say the Fisher Road homeowner does not want to sell the portion of their land that Marrano needs.

I drove by there yesterday on the way home from work and and observed what I could from the road, which is much like you describe (saw a backhoe machine on Marrano's dirt road and obvious work done on the land).

I replied (via e-mail) in the evening to Ms. Bove that I was hoping there would be a positive SEQR declaration by the Planning Board on this project, requiring a DEIS from Marrano, followed by a public hearing and/or a written public comment period. Apparently not, despite all of the environmental issues (my particular interest being Smokes Creek and flooding). Amazing, but not surprising.

Doesn't sound (or look) like the approval is "conditional" to Marrano. Also not surprising.

'Hope this info is of value.

Thanks for your interest.
    The increase in traffic, the flooding (my main concern), the sewers, and the displaced wild-life all seem like they should have been roadblocks, but apparently there are ways around all of those if you have money and connections. I'm surpised though that a private developer can continually thumb his nose at an entire town government and not be fined like crazy. How could the town pass on the opportunity to make a few bucks by enforcing their own rules?

Lorigo is the lawyer for a Piotrowski development on East and West road too. Apparently Ralphie is the key to getting your bidding sone if you're a developer in West Seneca.

In the minutes there was some chick from Lancaster that went to the meeting to support the development. She said she had a deposit and that she was hoping this project could begin soon so she could relocate back to west seneca...Hey chicky-poo, look around, there are plenty of new houses in West Seneca already, not to mention plenty of existing housing to choose from as well. What good will it be to move back to a town that doesn't look like the one you left? Every bit of greenspace West Seneca has is being developed.

I hope they don't build it.

It would hurt my ability to drag race down Fisher Road with my stereo blasting.

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    I hope they don't build it.

It would hurt my ability to drag race down Fisher Road with my stereo blasting.

A) K-Cars aren't that fast
    B) Culture Club blaring from a radio makes me laugh
    C) Keep your windows rolled up or the wind may cause your limp wrists to beat yourself silly

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information