Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Princeton Estates"

Well, well, well Mr Fisher Road. Please...You are crawling up your own A** and the rest of us do not want to follow. FYI, There is another exit. I am well aware of SMOKES CREEK and its potential for flooding..be honest...that is not the reason you and your neighbors don't want any development in the back 40. Also...the 219 is quite a ways away from the development and what do you care what I can hear from MY house..MY NEW HOUSE...trout stream and all!!!

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY
    Well, well, well Mr Fisher Road. Please...You are crawling up your own A** and the rest of us do not want to follow. FYI, There is another exit. I am well aware of SMOKES CREEK and its potential for flooding..be honest...that is not the reason you and your neighbors don't want any development in the back 40. Also...the 219 is quite a ways away from the development and what do you care what I can hear from MY house..MY NEW HOUSE...trout stream and all!!!

I've just got to laugh at you guys. You know absolutely nothing about what you've purchased. In all honesty, unless Marrano purchased an exit property since Monday you are being lied to.
    I have a couple of reasons for not wanting the new development. First and formost the flooding (you'll get to see it as I mentioned). Traffic is another, and you'll get to see that too.
    The 219 is not far from the development. I have been walking back there for years. Granted if your home is close to Fisher it's not as much of a problem. If it's close to the Berg Road portion you're close, and since all of the vegetation has been cleared there isn't anything to block the noise. Don't take my word for it NIMBY, simply drive over the Berg Rd bridge and take a gander as to how close it is. If you have the ability to comprehend the flow of the thread you'll see why the 219 was mentioned.
    As for the trout stream, nobody from Princeton Estates has any property that accesses the creek near Fisher Rd. I don't know why I would expect you to get that right seeing as though you haven't been right about anything yet on topic.

By the way, either you're a liar, a retard, or older than dirt (possibly all 3). Do you mean to tell me this will be your 4th Marrano new build? You seem like a real genius...
    Last edited by FisherRd; August 30th, 2007 at 05:06 PM.

Hey Mr. Fisher. Just because I have bought and am in the process of buying my 4th Marrano home does not mean I am older than, as you say, dirt. I am probably younger than you. It just means that I am SMARTER than you. My previous Marrano homes have maintained their value and due to the fact that Marrano homes are well sought after not just for their high quality but for their locations, means that I had no problem selling with a profit. Because you take out a 30 year mortgage doesn't mean you have to stay there till it's paid for. For a 38 year old thats pretty good huh! With each home I have purchased I upgrade. Have you ever visited a Marrano neighborhood? If you haven't, go once and you will see. Don't think for one minute that you are in the "Country" just because you have undeveloped land behind you. YOUR neighbors are just as close as mine will be...looks like we will be in the same boat!! Fisher Road is nothing but a subdivision itself. No one over their that I can see has 5 acres of land. As far as the flooding of the road...well I think that the Army Corp of Engineers should close down the whole road, boot you and your neighbors out of there and let the land go back to it's natural habitat of cat tails. How's that! If I can't invest my money there than you shouldn't be able to either. Again stay on your side of the fence. It's funny how people think that if there is open land behind or beside them that it is theirs to use. Until you pay the taxes you have no right to that property. Tell me, what should of the previous owner have done with that 25 acres, given it to you and your neighbors for your use..free of charge..umm because there is noise back there from cars and trucks and ummm the road floods. Yeah OK...Hello...anybody in there?

Nimby,
    Is this how this is going to work? You made outlandish claims, I refute them, you ignore the fact you got caught talking out of your ass, and then you go back to making up more crap? That doesn't sound like something a logical person would do (sort of like buying 4 new builds in the ballpark of 15 years). I know WNY has been a real estate boom over the last 15 years cough cough. Let me guess, you watched those 2 midget twins that are real estate tycoons and took their advice?

I already told you what my problem with the development was. It has nothing to do with me not being able to walk back there.

So NIMBY, tell me about the two roads...

Townsfolk
    Hey Fish-- in the 1st phase, on one side of the street, the backyards butt up against power lines. Do you see any danger or issues here? Studies have shown that being close to power lines over an extended period of time causes brain cancer, especially in young children.

Also, Maranno expects to start building March 1, 2008. They are taking refundable $1,000 or $2,000 lot deposits, depending on the size of the lot. Buyers are able to secure their lot with the deposit. Here is the catch-- the cost of the lot is added to the final price of the home. If you agree on the price of the home including upgrades now, you don't actually lock into that price. For example, if construction costs increase next year or if the price of concrete increases, this will be passed on to you-- even if you agree to an overall price now. If this happens, Maranno will refund your lot deposit.

I have nothing against Maranno-- I feel they will build you a superior home and they will do a good job with Princeton Estates in general. However, buyers should be aware that what you agree to now may change once Maranno officially breaks ground on your new home. I am still considering, but may wait to see how Phase 1 unfolds.

TF,
    I have heard the same thing in regards to the power lines but didn't know if it was urban legend or not. One thing I know for certain is that after seeing the blue arching electric bolts flying off those lines during the Oct 13th storm I'd be hesitant to be in phase 1.
    Regardless of what the posters that have their deposits in (the ones that posted earlier) said, I recommend that you walk up that drive and walk down the gas line. You'll hear for yourself how loud the 219 and the 90 are. Obviously when some homes are put in the noise will decrease a little, but check it out for yourself so you can see if it's something that would drive you nuts or not.
    The location of the development is ideal even though I disagree with the way things have been handled. Good luck with whatever decision you make, but if you have the patience I'd wait for phase 2 to let any possible bumps in the road get worked out.

Townsfolk
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    TF,
    I have heard the same thing in regards to the power lines but didn't know if it was urban legend or not. One thing I know for certain is that after seeing the blue arching electric bolts flying off those lines during the Oct 13th storm I'd be hesitant to be in phase 1.
    Regardless of what the posters that have their deposits in (the ones that posted earlier) said, I recommend that you walk up that drive and walk down the gas line. You'll hear for yourself how loud the 219 and the 90 are. Obviously when some homes are put in the noise will decrease a little, but check it out for yourself so you can see if it's something that would drive you nuts or not.
    The location of the development is ideal even though I disagree with the way things have been handled. Good luck with whatever decision you make, but if you have the patience I'd wait for phase 2 to let any possible bumps in the road get worked out.
    Fish-- Thanks for the info. I need to get over there to check it out. Will be in touch if things work out, or if I get more info. down the road. We met with a Maranno rep. the other night. We might just wait until phase 2-- provided the prices hold steady. Thanks again!

Townsfolk
    Fish-- forgot to ask. What do you know about the houses going in on Mosside Loop? We're looking at that too. Anything good, bad, ugly you can comment on?

Quote Originally Posted by Townsfolk
    Fish-- forgot to ask. What do you know about the houses going in on Mosside Loop? We're looking at that too. Anything good, bad, ugly you can comment on?

I don't know much about those other than they aren't selling.

Would you be opposed to buying one of the houses in Marrano's development off of Orchard Park Rd near Alendale (Sunset Creek)? There's one for sale by owner. I saw the sign yesterday. Heck, at least you could check out your neighbors and see if everything was cool.

Townsfolk
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    I don't know much about those other than they aren't selling.

Would you be opposed to buying one of the houses in Marrano's development off of Orchard Park Rd near Alendale (Sunset Creek)? There's one for sale by owner. I saw the sign yesterday. Heck, at least you could check out your neighbors and see if everything was cool.
    Probably not-- we're really looking to build and customize to our satisfaction. I just looked up that house online (I think this is the one): http://hfe.buffaloniagarahomes.com/p...operty_type=1#

I can't believe the taxes-- not much more than Amherst.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/180208.html

Developers want to build another road to housing project in West Seneca
    Fisher Road property targeted
    By Dan Herbeck
    Updated: 10/09/07 8:02 AM

Officials of a local development company are seeking to buy property off Fisher Road to allow for construction of a secondary access road to the 154-home Princeton Estates project in West Seneca.
    The town engineer and Planning Board are requiring the secondary access road for emergencies because Fisher Road sometimes floods and becomes impassable.

According to Town Attorney Timothy J. Greenan, the town got word recently that the developer of the project, Marrano Marc Equity, is close to a deal to acquire a small section of land behind a property at 585 Fisher Road.

That comes as welcome news to Richard and Debbie Eldridge, who live at 585 Fisher. They claim that in recent months they have been pressured by the developer and a powerful politician to sell Marrano a piece of property that has been in Richard Eldridge’s family since 1899.

The Eldridges said the pressure began in April, when Marrano attorney Ralph C. Lorigo sent their attorney a letter indicating that if they didn’t sell, the town would begin eminent domain proceedings to force them to sell part of their land.

Lorigo is also the chairman of Erie County’s Conservative Party and one of the top political backers of Town Supervisor Paul T. Clark, who last week dropped out of the race for Erie County executive.

“Between Ralph Lorigo and officials of the town, we were made to feel like, if we didn’t sell, the town would use eminent domain to take part of our property,” Debbie Eldridge said. “We didn’t want to sell it.”

She said she and her husband felt they were at a disadvantage because powerful business people and politicians were trying to persuade them to sell.

“The past few months have been very intimidating,” Richard Eldridge said.

The couple gave a copy of Lorigo’s April 20 letter to The Buffalo News. Lorigo wrote that he had spoken about Marrano’s need for the property with both Clark and Greenan.

“[It] was then agreed that the Town of West Seneca would acquire the necessary property . . . by reasonable purchase or condemnation. It was further agreed that Marrano Marc Equity would pay the cost of such reasonable purchase or condemnation,” Lorigo wrote.

But if the couple felt they were being bullied, it was a misunderstanding, according to Lorigo, Clark and Greenan.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Just reminded me of something

And, while all this was going on, where was West Seneca's crusaders of Justice: the Concerned Citizens Group ?

The plight and concerns of those near this Princeton's Estate subdivision are, in my opinion, greater and more valid with regards to flooding, true greenspace and traffic, than the C.C.G.'S rants with the recent developement on Clinton St.

Oh yeah, It's not a Wal-Mart or in or near Gardenville so they don't care.

By the way, the Canisius athletic fields are really taking shape, look great and are an improvement over what was there.
    Last edited by MR E S 1; October 9th, 2007 at 05:46 PM.
    The Truth Shall Set You Free........Aunt Esther

Quote Originally Posted by MR E S 1
    Oh yeah, It's not a Wal-Mart or in or near Gardenville so they don't care.
    In challenging a project like this or the Clinton St. Athletic Field one must demonstrate standing to maintain a legal challenge. Standing is a legal principle which requires that only an aggrieved person can challenge an act or ommission of another. I do not know where all the members of CCG live, however, so I cannot opine on whether or not any of them would have standing to launch a challenge similar to the one I did against the athletic field. It appears that the Eldridges are in good hands now and their interests will be protected.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The town engineer and Planning Board are requiring the secondary access road for emergencies because Fisher Road sometimes floods and becomes impassable.
    THey should of thought about that before building wouldn't you think? If the home land owner doesn't want to sell I say too bad. The developer's loss and that's who it should be.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information