Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Princeton Estates"

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    A) K-Cars aren't that fast
    B) Culture Club blaring from a radio makes me laugh
    C) Keep your windows rolled up or the wind may cause your limp wrists to beat yourself silly
    That's actually a good comeback, you little prick.

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    Thanks. I figure it's hard to go wrong when referencing the K-Car.

FisherRd,

Did you ever hear anything back from Greenan? I wonder if it is too late to start a petition, since they haven't had a public hearing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by commonman1
    FisherRd,

Did you ever hear anything back from Greenan? I wonder if it is too late to start a petition, since they haven't had a public hearing yet.

He told me it's Czyprinski's job to follow up on it and see if there is reason to issue fines.
    Marrano feels that thye were given preliminary approval and there for have the right to prep the land for the development.
    It sounds like it's a done deal as far as the town and the developer are concerned.
    The family clearly agreed that they wanted to move forward and sell the land, all that remained were the terms (according to the minutes). So basically it's "when", not "if".

The family is being pushed to sell, but they won't. If they wanted to sell, this development would have been much farther along than what it is. Marrano is under pressure because he has people's deposit's and they keep asking "Whats the hold up??". I was at the Town meeting and there was a letter from the family to Marrona that there was no deal. It isn't about money for the family, it's about principal, have you driven by that house and seen the sign on the barn, it says EST 1899. It's there homestead and it's being ripped from them.

common,
    The family feels as though the town backed them in a corner, which they did. When the 2,000lb gorilla wants your land and Lorigo (Clark and Greenans buddy) sent you a letter stating that the land can be taken via eminent domain/condemnation and that "Clark and Greenan are in agreeance" you tend to believe you aren't going to come out a winner.
    Your choices would be:
    Fight the town, spending 1,000's upon 1,000's of dollars in the process
    Have your land taken via condemnation and getting a few bucks or...
    Sell and make a nice sum of money

You were there, I was not. I did read the minutes and it clearly states that after a recess, Lorigo and the family came to the conclusion that they were interested in selling but that terms had yet to be determined.
    I've talked to the Mrs a month or so before this meeting and she said she didn't want people to think they sold out, but that they also didn't want to get some paultry sum for property that was clearly important to them.

I don't blame them for feeling the pressure. What I would have liked them to do was to call Channel 2 or Channel 4 and get their case some attention. Hell, the national news would pick up on a story about a town grabbing private property for a private developer's benefit. It happened in Conneticut.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by commonman1
    The family is being pushed to sell, but they won't. If they wanted to sell, this development would have been much farther along than what it is. Marrano is under pressure because he has people's deposit's and they keep asking "Whats the hold up??". I was at the Town meeting and there was a letter from the family to Marrona that there was no deal. It isn't about money for the family, it's about principal, have you driven by that house and seen the sign on the barn, it says EST 1899. It's there homestead and it's being ripped from them.
    Let them know they owe absolutely nothing to any developer at all. Let the people around that area know if more costly homes go up it will negatively impact thier cost of living by have thier assessments go up. They are better off not letting thier assessments go up and bank thier money for thier own retirement.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    common,
    The family feels as though the town backed them in a corner, which they did. When the 2,000lb gorilla wants your land and Lorigo (Clark and Greenans buddy) sent you a letter stating that the land can be taken via eminent domain/condemnation and that "Clark and Greenan are in agreeance" you tend to believe you aren't going to come out a winner.
    Does anyone have a copy of that letter? Would be nice to expose these people for what they are and rid your community of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Does anyone have a copy of that letter? Would be nice to expose these people for what they are and rid your community of them.

Christina Bove did, but she didn't do anything with it.

Sounds Like

The part I'm most angered by is that the 154 homes will all enter and exit via the one road onto Fisher Rd. It's 2 lanes, 35 mph (yeah right...), how much longer until we take property away from Fisher Rd residents to widen the road for 154 jack asses?
    Sounds like Lancaster.. Poor suckers on William.
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Lol!

Nice exchange..

Thanks. I figure it's hard to go wrong when referencing the K-Car.

therisingQuote:
    Originally Posted by FisherRd
    C) Keep your windows rolled up or the wind may cause your limp wrists to beat yourself silly

July 31st, 2007 03:56 PM
    FisherRdQuote:
    Originally Posted by therising
    I hope they don't build it.

It would hurt my ability to drag race down Fisher Road with my stereo blasting.

July 31st, 2007 03:45 PM
    therisingI hope they don't build it.

It would hurt my ability to drag race down Fisher Road with my stereo blasting.
    July 31st, 2007 02:44 PM
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Follow the Money....

Check out Marrano's political contributions (see attached).

Over $17K from Nov '05 to July '07.

Such as: $5,500 to Paul Clark for his EC run (probably nothing to do with Princeton Estates), $4,625 to the Lancaster Democrats (probably nothing to do with on-going subdivisions there), $4,000 to the Erie County Republicans (probably nothing to do with covering all bases), $1,000 to David Swartz for his EC Clerk run last November (probably nothing to do with getting paperwork moved along), and a little here and a little there to just about anyone that might help them someday.

Yup, follow the money.....

Unregistered
    based on the poor quality of Marrano built homes, I'd wager that he dumps a lot of green in the inspector's pockets as well.

Man, how many Greenans work for the town?

Also, why in the hell would they not let that traffic flow into Fisher Court? Why place all of the burden on the residents of Fisher Rd? Let the new residents of Princeton Estates enjoy the music and driving abilities of their neighbors in the Court.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information