Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: West Seneca Employment Practices and double dipping

Quote Originally Posted by truth seeker View Post
    As a businessman, I would certainly hire a person who has been on the job for almost 20 years over a newcomer. If this seasoned employee was NOT doing a good job, he would not be on the payroll for so long. Part timers can be let go at the whim of the town board. They have no protection. I can't believe that Warren thinks that someone with Mingle's experience is not the best person for the job. Clarke was wrong to vote on Eberle's appointment. This is why politics in W.S. is so corrupt. Its not about what is best for the town, its about friends and family!
    As noted above Eberle did previously work for the Town so he is not exactly a newcomer. We are talking about a labor-class position that is non-competitive as noted above. In fact under the State Civil Service Rules employees in the labor class do not have bumping rights because they are considered to not have a direct promotion line in this class. Mr. Mingle did not have to be incompetent or considered to be a non-performer in order to be passed over for this position. We as outsiders do not know the respective experiences or performance of these two individuals in order to make an informed decision as to which one was better qualified for this position and even if we did and we would make a different choice does not make the Town Board's decision wrong.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    As noted above Eberle did previously work for the Town so he is not exactly a newcomer. We are talking about a labor-class position that is non-competitive as noted above. In fact under the State Civil Service Rules employees in the labor class do not have bumping rights because they are considered to not have a direct promotion line in this class. Mr. Mingle did not have to be incompetent or considered to be a non-performer in order to be passed over for this position. We as outsiders do not know the respective experiences or performance of these two individuals in order to make an informed decision as to which one was better qualified for this position and even if we did and we would make a different choice does not make the Town Board's decision wrong.
    An informed decision, one quit, one stayed, I would go with the one that stayed. If the decision is based on hiring an incompetent buddy over a qualfied and loyal employee, I would say they were wrong on this one.

I did not say the facts will be checked, I said it would not go unchecked. See: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/unchecked

I said that because on reading that editorial I submitted one of my one clarifying her apparent misapprehension of the timeline of events and what the Open Meetings Law does do.

Did anyone else besides me notice how legendkiller quit flapping his/her gums after this post?

As usual, you idiots lead with your chins around here. It's as if you enjoy the humiliation or something.

If it's not OP getting kicked silent, it's legendkiller, if it's not legendkiller, it's wnyfuture...

Thank God you're not a businessman, because if you would choose someone who quit working for the town over someone who is dedicated to his job and works for barely any money, then you would not be in business long. You apparently don't want to address the friends and family thing because that would go against your buddy Dale, but if you look back at who has been hired as friends of Dales, starting with Al Parker, you'll see why Clarke ran for office. And I have to laugh when I recall Bove stating at a town board meeting that the reason they hired Parker was because of his skills as a mechanic and once he got the nod, he has been doing nothing but sweeping floors and cleaning bathrooms. Talk about misleading the public!

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Did anyone else besides me notice how legendkiller quit flapping his/her gums after this post?

As usual, you idiots lead with your chins around here. It's as if you enjoy the humiliation or something.

If it's not OP getting kicked silent, it's legendkiller, if it's not legendkiller, it's wnyfuture...
    I have responded several times on this thread, not sure what you are talking about. Mr. Warren says he is responding in the form of a letter to the editor, when I read that tomorrow I will respond.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Thank God you're not a businessman, because if you would choose someone who quit working for the town over someone who is dedicated to his job and works for barely any money, then you would not be in business long. You apparently don't want to address the friends and family thing because that would go against your buddy Dale, but if you look back at who has been hired as friends of Dales, starting with Al Parker, you'll see why Clarke ran for office. And I have to laugh when I recall Bove stating at a town board meeting that the reason they hired Parker was because of his skills as a mechanic and once he got the nod, he has been doing nothing but sweeping floors and cleaning bathrooms. Talk about misleading the public!
    Where did the "works for barely any money" come from. I really don't know any "town/government" employee who works for barely no money when you add up benes/healthcare/any salary

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Where did the "works for barely any money" come from. I really don't know any "town/government" employee who works for barely no money when you add up benes/healthcare/any salary
    I think he is referring to Richard Mingle who makes about $7/hour working for B&G. He works part time and receives no benefits, I would call this "barely any money."

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendKiller View Post
    I think he is referring to Richard Mingle who makes about $7/hour working for B&G. He works part time and receives no benefits, I would call this "barely any money."
    Who is B&G?

I've worked for $7 and hour many times. It's $7 more than I had an hour earlier. It's all relative and by choice. Depending on what someone does should somewhat reflect on the hourly wage.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post

Hey, don't pick on TheLogicKiller. She's/he's my favorite. The best was when she/he said that people who resort to name-calling are losers. (Clearly, she/he didn't get that she had just resorted to name-calling.)

Who is B&G?

I've worked for $7 and hour many times. It's $7 more than I had an hour earlier. It's all relative and by choice. Depending on what someone does should somewhat reflect on the hourly wage.
    B&G is buildings and grounds, which is part of the highway department. Working is better than not working, but when you have put in 20 years and don't get raises, vacations, benefits, etc, then I think you have paid your dues and deserve to be promoted to full time if there is an opening. Especially when you are told by Dale Clarke that it would be done if you went out and got petitions signed for him. But apparently Mingle is not in the friends and family group!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    B&G is buildings and grounds, which is part of the highway department. Working is better than not working, but when you have put in 20 years and don't get raises, vacations, benefits, etc, then I think you have paid your dues and deserve to be promoted to full time if there is an opening. Especially when you are told by Dale Clarke that it would be done if you went out and got petitions signed for him. But apparently Mingle is not in the friends and family group!
    I think someone is BS'ing here.

SO some person worked for the town of West Seneca in Building for grounds part time for the last 20 years for $7 an hour?

Secondly.. BULLCRAP.. if the reason why someone would get a position was because " if you went out and got petitions signed"

I think the bigger issue here is unethical hiring practices. I agree that someone should not be hired because they got a bunch of signatures, the point though is that a qualified and deserving candidate for a position was told to go and do this to be considered for the job. Instead the job was given to the campaign treasurer. That's BS.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And another thing..

What are they being promoted to? Just full time but same position or full time with a new position?

And why? Are more hours required? Or will it just be a bigger paycheck but not much more work time wise?

If the need is not there should be no promotion to full time.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendKiller View Post
    I think the bigger issue here is unethical hiring practices. I agree that someone should not be hired because they got a bunch of signatures, the point though is that a qualified and deserving candidate for a position was told to go and do this to be considered for the job. Instead the job was given to the campaign treasurer. That's BS.
    qualified to do what? Just work more hours or what?

And another thing..

What are they being promoted to? Just full time but same position or full time with a new position?

And why? Are more hours required? Or will it just be a bigger paycheck but not much more work time wise?

You know WNY, I really don't think you are as stupid as you want to appear. The fact is , you don't like what I am writing so you will throw your stupidity in to muddy the waters. Its ok to give Eberle a job, but if Mingle wanted one then there are no openings? I was only saying that there was a full time opening and Eberle was the chosen one and I thought it should have gone to Mingle because of his past loyalty to the town. All I can say is that the"friends and family" plan is alive and well in W.S.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information