Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: West Seneca Employment Practices and double dipping

Even if I were not a moderator it would not change what I post. It appears that you just do not want a discussion on the merits of the topic. On one hand you complain about people anonymously posting unsourced information, then you complain about me who posts by my real name posting sourced information. You cannot have it both ways.

You also conflate personal information with private information.

Do you have anything to contribute to the discussion regarding the West Seneca Employment practices?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Here’s the thing, why are people allowed to post anonymously on this site? I would think it has to do with protecting people’s identity and allowing them a place to share information without fear of retribution, however much that policy might be abused. What you have with Linda Boldt is a very rare and special person who had the guts to stand up to what was wrong and draw attention to it, something that I, perhaps mistakenly, assumed that this site was all about. Instead of hiding behind a screen name, she stepped forward into the light to inform the public of the wrong doing of Mark Lazzara and the indifference of the town council who allowed it. You see Mr. Lazzara has a long history of discrimination and sexual harassment against women and instead of putting up with it and burying her head in the sand, Mrs. Boldt had the courage and integrity to stand up to it and try to stop it exhibiting traits that are so hard to find in people in these days. So you see she did what you encourage people on this site to do. But instead of being praised for her actions, she was attacked on this site. Instead of holding the monster accountable, the victim was blamed, something that happens way too much. So I guess I’m having trouble understanding what the purpose of this site is when people who do what you encourage them to do are then attacked, and by a moderator no less, for doing it. Mrs. Boldt should be praised for what she did, not punished. I just don’t get it.

I find it humorous that you complain about people posting anonymously when you are here posting anonymously.

I am not here to "punish" Mrs. Boldt. I am here to discuss what affects my tax dollars. Part of that is this wasteful employment practice that I see comming to the forefront of allowing retirees to come back while collecting pensions. She just happens to be one of them.

I am against unlawful provisional appointments until recently they were Mr. Finbar and Mrs. Josefiak.

I am against out of title pay because this is in violation of the Civil Service Law.

I do not take issue with these people on a personal level, but I am not going to let this practice go unchallenged.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

With all do respect Mr. Warren, I think you are just full of ****. If you had been the one to make issue with these items I could kind of believe you. But you only brought all of these fake concerns up after another poster's thread was removed simply to keep the harassment going. You singled out and targeted one person to attack them to keep in good with your master and these tactics are just too transparent to take seriously. Instead of just saying she now lives in Orchard Park, you had to be an insufferable know-it-all and post her entire address and proclaim that you got it from the board of elections website. Why? It's a fake ridiculous argument used to mask your real intentions which are simply to grind your axe and attack an enemy of your boss. Give up your moderator status if you are going to continue resorting to these sophmoric tactics.

Fake concerns! If you have not noticed I have had a lawsuit pending against the town since 2009 on the provisional appoinments.

I have previously posted about the out-of-title pay issue: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...ighlight=title and public retirees returning to work for another covered entity: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...64&postcount=5

Again do you have anything to add regarding these issues or do you just want to bitch about what is being said and your feelings? If the latter start another thread because it is off-topic for this thread.

Acutally no, I didn't notice you had a lawsuit going against the town, which begs the question, do you do these things for what is right or just to get attention for yourself? It's nice to feel important isn't it? And no I have nothing to add to this thread as it is irrevelant nonsense that has nothing to do with what is being discussed but rather to intimidate and harass an employee that has the basic human right to not have to deal with it.

I do them because they are right. You cannot seriously say I do it to get noticed because you didn't notice, unless you are so narrowly focused.

There is nothing in here to intimidate or harrass anyone. These people are public employees and if they do not want this level of scrutiny they should not become public employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    As for Linda's employment, this was at the request request of Pat DiPasquale, for a short period, until March.
    The minutes do not reflect this being the case it just states that she was appointed to a part-time position which begs the question off from which list and was she reachable. If she was not appointed from a list then this is in essence a temporary appointment, in which case Civil Service Law § 64 controls which provides:

1. Temporary appointments authorized; duration. A temporary appointment may be made for a period not exceeding three months when the need for such service is important and urgent. A temporary appointment may be made for a period exceeding three months under the following circumstances only:

(a) when an employee is on leave of absence from his position, a temporary appointment to such position may be made for a period not exceeding the authorized duration of such leave of absence as prescribed by statute or rule;

(b) a temporary appointment may be made for a period not exceeding six months when it is found by the state civil service department or appropriate municipal civil service commission, upon due inquiry, that the position to which such appointment is proposed will not continue in existence for a longer period; provided, however, that where a temporary appointment is made to a position originally expected to exist for no longer than six months and it subsequently develops that such position will remain in existence beyond such six-month period, such temporary appointment may be extended, with the approval of the state civil service department or municipal civil service commission having jurisdiction, for a further period not to exceed an additional six months;

(c) when the department of civil service or appropriate municipal civil service commission of any city containing more than one county finds that a reduction or abolition of positions in the state service or such city service is planned or imminent and that such reduction or abolition of positions will probably result in the suspension or demotion of permanent employees, such department or commission may authorize temporary instead of permanent appointments to be made for a period not exceeding one year in positions in state service or such city service to which permanent employees to be affected by such abolition or reduction of positions will be eligible for transfer or reassignment.

Successive temporary appointments shall not be made to the same position after the expiration of the authorized period of the original temporary appointment to such position.

2. Temporary appointments from eligible lists. A temporary appointment for a period not exceeding three months may be made without regard to existing eligible lists. A temporary appointment for a period exceeding three months but not exceeding six months may be by the selection of a person from an appropriate eligible list, if available, without regard to the relative standing of such person on such list. Any further temporary appointment beyond such six month period or any temporary appointment originally made for a period exceeding six months shall be made by the selection of an appointee from among those graded highest on an appropriate eligible list, if available.

3. Temporary appointments without examination in exceptional cases. Notwithstanding the provisions of subdivisions one and two of this section, the civil service department or municipal commission having jurisdiction may authorize a temporary appointment, without examination, when the person appointed will render professional, scientific, technical or other expert services (1) on an occasional basis or (2) on a full-time or regular part-time basis in a temporary position established to conduct a special study or project for a period not exceeding eighteen months. Such appointment may be authorized only in a case where, because of the nature of the services to be rendered and the temporary or occasional character of such services, it would not be practicable to hold an examination of any kind.

4. The state and municipal civil service commissions may, by rule, provide for the extension of some or all of the rights and benefits of permanent status to an employee who is appointed or promoted, after having qualified therefor in the same manner as required for permanent appointment or promotion, to a position left temporarily vacant by the leave of absence of the permanent incumbent thereof. Such rights and benefits shall be subject to such conditions and limitations as may be prescribed in the rules.
    How is her service urgent or important when they knew for a period of time of her impending retirement and the need for staffing in the clerk's office due to the receiver of taxes functions being transferred there?

At least in Mr. Pinnavia's case an argument can be made due to his specialized knowledge in a technical field.
    Last edited by dtwarren; February 13th, 2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Spelling

THANK YOU DAN.....The people of West Seneca owe you a debt of gratitude.....

what ever became of Finbar? did he take the test yet? I bet he never does and its business as usual from the sounds of all of this

He has been appointed provisionally again to a different position: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...20&postcount=1

Dan dan dan, enough is enough. Just admit that you are going after this person because it strokes the egos of Legistalor Bove and Councilman Clarke. Admit you are the puppet you are so that the people who view this site can put into proper context the self serving comments you make.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    He has been appointed provisionally again to a different position: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...20&postcount=1
    based on a test... so he is getting paid to do a job you dont even know if he can pass the test to earn it.. Thats my point. when is the test. time will pass. memories fade and again some friend and family member gets a position not the proper way

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendKiller View Post
    Dan dan dan, enough is enough. Just admit that you are going after this person because it strokes the egos of Legistalor Bove and Councilman Clarke. Admit you are the puppet you are so that the people who view this site can put into proper context the self serving comments you make.
    You are quite the hypocrite by taking exception to people expressing anonymous opinions about people but here you are doing the same thing. If you have proof that I am coordinating anything I do with any particular candidate prove it (in another thread because again you are off-topic).

In case you also missed this I supported Wirth over Bove in the last election. I also stated my opinion on Meegan appearing before the planning board on an issue. I called Notaro and Nigro on not disclosing their relationsip to certain people/entities that appeared before the planning board as well as the number of times I called out Piotrowski.

So who are you a puppet for, because it I still find it difficult to reconcile your opinion of her being a private citizen entitled to "privacy" with her actions of talking to reporters on these issues as recently as January of this year and having a town job?

Also wouldn't someone you claim to have been fighting for their rights and for what was right not take a position improperly?

When you work for the government, you're held to a higher standard, your information is available for everyone.

I don't understand how employees can live outside the town that pays their salary, the same for teachers. I can't seem to understand that one, "we can take your money but..."

A)Taxes are too high
    B)The town isn't nice enough
    C)I rather live in Buffalo or Orchard for some unknown reason

Shouldn't we change these policies. Anyways, a few current town employees that were hired in the past few years, allegedly live in other towns but use someone else's address.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information