Thread: "Flagged" Bridges in Lackawanna by NYS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post "Flagged" Bridges in Lackawanna by NYS

February 7, 2011
    Lackawanna City Council Agenda

"Comm. of Public Works
    – recommends the Council post the bridge over the railroad at Rosary Avenue and Ridge Road to a reduced maximum load to allow the city to address the degree of deterioration of the bridge"

How dare they put US/and our babies in harms way when their school bus passes over this bridge EVERY-day!

There are many other bridges in LA "questionable", according to folks at the Council meeting last night too!

Who is asleep at the wheel here?

This is the last "love"/Norman affair........ What, I fear, are they leaving us with? I realize they are "lame" ducks BUT, they are all getting paid BIG money to do the job right! I bet OUR infrastructure is worse now that it ever was!
    Inquiring minds want to know....what is going on with our Bridges?

P.S. Is it any one's job in the City to watch and report street lights that are out? FYI: I e-mailed Nat. Grid about the pole #23 on Elm-----it is very easy to do, and they promptly send you back a confirmation #. Pole #1 on Ridge is out, and one on Madison by the Mailbox.
    I will not even go into how much money is wasted on a yearly basis for lights that are out that WE still pay for!
    The new Bridge approach heading west is also very dark---looks like a new street light on the north side needs to be finished.
    Please get it on "powers to be" before there is a tragedy and the City is once again sued for negligence! Thank You.
    Last edited by andreahaxton; February 8th, 2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Wording

Thread Information