Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friendship house

Friendship house

How much for the stripped, condemed building ?

Post Go Ahead Girl!

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    How much for the stripped, condemed building ?
    "stripped"-----is the key word here.
    Now, who do you think stripped it?

And then there is the $15,000 report.........

Ripped is the new key word-----let it rip girl!

Let it Begin.

Post $$$$$$$$$$$$$??????????

The Director of Development said that an acre of City land sells for $20,000,soooooo----the 5 acres of land alone should sell for at least $100,000 because it is a "Prime Ridge Road" site , right?

Then, even though the building is "stripped" the special, I believe it is called Mylar? coated steel beams surrounding the entire building has to be worth mega-bucks in scrap. If it came to that, the report states that the walls are solid and the concrete floor is 5 inches thick.
    GOOD STEEL, Just like our old bridge.

FYI, FOLKS, if these huge beams are not preserved for future generations to visably see what Bethlehem rolled back in the day it will be a tragedy for OUR entire City of Lackawanna. Yes, the Steel Plant Museum that will soon be housed in Buffalo has a ton of memorabilia (Thank You Volunteers for your countless hours of work on it)------it is still NOT the same as viewing the size and strength of those beams at 264 Ridge Road, "STEEL CITY", of Lackawanna, New York!

Do your own investigating if you do not believe me. City Hall has/is/are pulling a fast one , once again off the backs of the struggling, innocent, hard-working Citizens of Lackawanna.
    Shame.

The rumor I heard years back andrea was that your ex-boyfriend and his buddy's stole all the copper out of the Friendship house. Can anybody add to this comment. Like I said it was a RUMOR.......

Quote Originally Posted by dickypotpie View Post
    The rumor I heard years back andrea was that your ex-boyfriend and his buddy's stole all the copper out of the Friendship house. Can anybody add to this comment. Like I said it was a RUMOR.......
    Heard a certian director of public works did it?? Hmmm! I tend to believe the later rather than yours.Since his truck was visible there constantly and no one said a thing.

Post Whoa! I mean WOE to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dickypotpie View Post
    Dear dicky,

Go ask him, he owns a store on Steelawanna. I am sure he will gladly discuss it with you.
    BTW, he lived in Pearl River, Louisiana from Dec. 2006-Sept. 2009, when did you RUMOR-MONGERS see him do his?

Just the facts please. And even if this was true---What does it have to do with me? Did you see me drive the get-away car or something? Who are his "buddy's"?

Please......What are you trying to do to me?

The city knows damn well who stripped the building on memorial weekend 2008! If they say differently they are lying! I watched myself who did it..... Common practice around Lackawanna

Sad part is when you asked about what happened to the friendship house the city council people except Ms. Haxton blamed the African Americans who live in the first ward. But yet the African American community rallies around these losers at election time. Go figure. The sooner this community and the Yeminite community realize they are being used by these guys the better off our city will be.

PS The city did a great job securing this building so it would be safe from harm. No lame excuses are needed. If the City of Buffalo can secure the Sattler building most certainly the City of Lackawanna could have secured this building even though they did not own it. It's called Public Safety!

Post I Guess They are NOT Covered under the same LAWS WE are!

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    The city knows damn well who stripped the building on memorial weekend 2008! If they say differently they are lying! I watched myself who did it..... Common practice around Lackawanna

They think they can re-vote the LAW to (in the words that the Dir. of Dev. and Council love to say, " Fit the Footprint " ) cover any crooked deal they are making for their self-serving deals!

Right On Sister------Nice Twist in the..........FACTS!

Post Conrad N. Hilton[/B]--Original Statler Hilton Owner, What A Man!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Sad part is when you asked about what happened to the friendship house the city council people except Ms. Haxton blamed the African Americans who live in the first ward. But yet the African American community rallies around these losers at election time. Go figure. The sooner this community and the Yeminite community realize they are being used by these guys the better off our city will be.

PS The city did a great job securing this building so it would be safe from harm. No lame excuses are needed. If the City of Buffalo can secure the Sattler building most certainly the City of Lackawanna could have secured this building even though they did not own it. It's called Public Safety!

Conrad N. Hilton

The man who started Hilton Hotels, Conrad Hilton left his fortune to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation. In life, he believed in the power of international travel and trade to foster world peace, and he left guidance for the Foundation to alleviate human suffering around the world, without regard to race, religion, or country.Family philanthropy

The Hilton Legacy
    The story of the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation. Our work, our founder, and the Hilton family legacy. Published 2009.

Last will and testament
    When Conrad N. Hilton died in 1979, he left nearly all of his estate to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation.

The Foundation's work today is guided by intentions expressed in Conrad Hilton's last will and testament. Our strategic initiatives and major programs reflect many of his deepest concerns. Like our founder, we are determined to succeed. This requires investing in innovative approaches, forging strong partnerships, measuring progress, sharing knowledge, and building on successes.

Excerpts from Conrad Hilton's last will
    To the Directors and Trustees of the said Conrad N. Hilton Foundation I bequeath some cherished conclusions formed during a lifetime of observation, study, and contemplation:
    There is a natural law, a Divine law, that obliges you and me to relieve the suffering, the distressed, and the destitute. Charity is a supreme virtue, and the great channel through which the mercy of God is passed on to mankind. It is the virtue that unites men and inspires their noblest efforts.
    Love one another, for that is the whole law; so our fellow men deserve to be loved and encouraged—never to be abandoned to wander alone in poverty and darkness. The practice of charity will bind us—will bind all men in one great brotherhood.
    As the funds you will expend have come from many places in the world, so let there be no territorial, religious, or color restrictions on your benefactions, but beware of organized, professional charities with high-salaried executives and a heavy ratio of expense.
    Be ever watchful for the opportunity to shelter little children with the umbrella of your charity; be generous to their schools, their hospitals, and their places of worship. For, as they must bear the burdens of our mistakes, so are they in their innocence the repositories of our hopes for the upward progress of humanity. Give aid to their protectors and defenders, the Sisters, who devote their love and life's work for the good of mankind, for they appeal especially to me as being deserving of help from the Foundation.

Ironically,
    I came across this about 7 months ago while researching funding for a future Lackawanna Community Center. Wow, What a Man!

"The City" thinks they can get away with breaking the law because they are the government, have the Police and "the Law Department's" shelter.

As far as people being used, you are very right, and many folks are true innocent by-standers of the " machine poli-tricks", BUT------lots and lots of self-serving people all over this City use and play each other to get their own agenda filled.

Whomever coined the phrase political game, hit the nail on the head! But once again, many of these deals are played off the backs of the innocent, struggling, hard-working Citizens of Lackawanna! ie. Property Sales Scams.

Drive around OUR streets and then drive through South Buffalo, West Seneca, and Hamburg to visually compare the difference in street-scape.

$16,500x4=
    $51,000x4=
    $55,000x4= + .........is what are CEO has/will make in his 12 years as an Elected Official. (I forgot to add his wife and 2 sons are also on the payroll and they all live together.)
    I guess our CEO has been too busy planning the windmills and pothole repairs than to worry about how OUR City looks to the people who live and visit here.

The City left the building open on purpose---sadly, they had/have their own plans for its' future.

You people all make allegations with no proof. It is easy to hide behind your screen names and throw rocks at people and make accusations without having any hard facts. I think that is total BS!

If you do have any proof, it is your obligation as a law abiding citizen to bring the information to the proper Authorities. So I say put up or shut up!

If the City is such a bad place to live then move and get the hell out! This site dwells on negativity and never, ever has a positive post. I frankly don't come to this site often for that very reason.

And in closing, your bag of wind leader from Bethlehem Park should go back to the very hole she crawled out from. She is nothing but a self serving individual who seeks attention from anyone who will give it to her. I don't think she got the attention she needed from her Daddy when she was growing up.

Post Talk About Negative............

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Lackawanna View Post
    You people all make allegations with no proof. It is easy to hide behind your screen names and throw rocks at people and make accusations without having any hard facts. I think that is total BS!

If you do have any proof, it is your obligation as a law abiding citizen to bring the information to the proper Authorities. So I say put up or shut up!

If the City is such a bad place to live then move and get the hell out! This site dwells on negativity and never, ever has a positive post. I frankly don't come to this site often for that very reason.

And in closing, your bag of wind leader from Bethlehem Park should go back to the very hole she crawled out from. She is nothing but a self serving individual who seeks attention from anyone who will give it to her. I don't think she got the attention she needed from her Daddy when she was growing up.
    Wow Sunny---Your User Name certainly does NOT become you. Calm down, and you are right--stay off of here because it is obvious you do not get the "trickle up theory".

My Father who was born in 1923 on Gates Avenue taught me about the corruption since I was little--if I had a nickel for every time I heard him call them crooks...... Didn't some scandal happen in the 60's and people I can vaguely remember some people moving out.....

I lost my:
    * Career-dream Job over politics
    * Car
    * Store-Business with tons of my/our sweat equity and money into it
    * Home
    * Some family and friends respect
    * Reputation/Character to some such as you
    * Self-esteem suffering through the humiliation of "2" false arrests and accusations on TV
    * Etc., Etc., Etc......... in my/OUR fight to rid the City/Citizens of Lackawanna from the crooks that have robbed the money for decades!
    Please sunny, explain what you mean by self-serving. What have I personally gained from my 20 full-time years of........what do you accuse me of doing?

Do I have a job? My Daughter, Son--Grand-kids? How about my 80 yr old Mother---does she get free gas at the barns for her scooter? OR, How about our assessments?---Maybe my friends get big breaks so they don't have to pay like the rest of the....Start with my one life-long friend who was FORCED to sell because of what they did to him when he put my sign on the lawn. Maybe I get free tickets to pass around the carnival to my friends or my buddy who lives in Hamburg and gets ALL the DJ gigs throughout the year for $400.00 a pop?! Oh I suppose it is all those favors I get such as paying $1400.00 for the lawyer for the 1st arrest and the $1000.00 fine for my store violations ........ Oh I know, Ridge Road on my side of The Bridge was paved in 2002 and it is still holding up because it was done by a real Engineer. Then there is the grass/weeds NOT cut behind my house but everyone elses' in The Park.

As far as the.........many things are not in my/OUR control-----you understand that much, I hope.
    Last edited by andreahaxton; October 28th, 2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Wording

Post I Forgot Something....

This is NOT about me!

I am one person worrying and fighting the system for and about:
    The kids who have to wear clothes/sneakers not in style because their parents are struggling to pay their taxes on a house they can't afford to remodel.
    Or the single mom or dad taking the bus to work at a minimum wage job because all the connected people's kids get the jobs in the city.---ie. A guy who retired from the City is now getting a job at Lack. Municipal Housing--Is This Fair? I Dislike:

People who USE THE PEOPLE to get ELECTED into positions and serve the clique' but will not help the little Grandma/pa who puts their pride aside to seek assistance ........and the politicians are no where around, no one cares or is even there to protect and try to help them. People don't have to like me , I left junior high a long time ago!
    Online Dictionary - Detailed & Accurate Definitions from the Largest Online Dictionary bestwordreference.com/dictionary

self·-serving (-sʉr′viŋ)

adjective

serving one's own selfish interests, esp. at the expense of others
    Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
    Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

self-serv·ing (sĕlfˈsūrˈvĭng)

adjective
    1.Serving one's own interests, especially without concern for the needs or interests of others.
    2.Exhibiting concern solely for one's own interests: a speech full of self-serving comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Lackawanna View Post

Wow you appointed Andrea my leader. Thank you. I didn't know I needed one. LOL

Post Remember Knowledge is POWER=Intelligent Reaction with the Power

DictionaryThesaurusSpanishMedical leader
    7 ENTRIES FOUND:
    leader (noun)
    leader of the opposition
    floor leader (noun)
    loss leader (noun)
    majority leader (noun)
    minority leader (noun)
    squadron leader (noun)

lead·er noun \ˈlē-dər\
    Definition of LEADER
    1: something that leads: as a : a primary or terminal shoot of a plant b : tendon, sinew c plural : dots or hyphens (as in an index) used to lead the eye horizontally : ellipsis 2 d chiefly British : a newspaper editorial e (1) : something for guiding fish into a trap (2) : a short length of material for attaching the end of a fishing line to a lure or hook f : loss leader g : something that ranks first h : a blank section at the beginning or end of a reel of film or recorded tape
    2: a person who leads: as a : guide, conductor b (1) : a person who directs a military force or unit (2) : a person who has commanding authority or influence c (1) : the principal officer of a British political party (2) : a party member chosen to manage party activities in a legislative body (3) : such a party member presiding over the whole legislative body when the party constitutes a majority d (1) : conductor c (2) : a first or principal performer of a group
    3: a horse placed in advance of the other horses of a team

I just want a better City for OUR babies to grow up in and to remove the negativity caused by the decades of poli-tricks and incompetent SELF-SERVING leadership. That's all.

Just call me Seabiscuit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information