Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna news

[QUOTE=had enough yet;818750]so use your mind to come up with a solution. why make senseless accusations about people that may or may not be true.

WOW, eat your own words

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Pat McCusker??? Please stand up, or rather, BOW OUT!!!!
    I wish i could give him a piece of my mind.. Gave up two lines in the general election what a waste of life he is.. rolled over and played dead... just like the deomcrats wanted... PAT GET A MIND OF YOUR OWN!!!!! he says he didn't want to be a "spoiler"... What could you spoil with you 400 votes????????????? Pat McCusker keep playing dead like you did in the election

YEE HAW!!!! Guess pat can't think for himself!

Quote Originally Posted by ChangeNeededNow View Post
    I wish i could give him a piece of my mind.. Gave up two lines in the general election what a waste of life he is.. rolled over and played dead... just like the deomcrats wanted... PAT GET A MIND OF YOUR OWN!!!!! he says he didn't want to be a "spoiler"... What could you spoil with you 400 votes????????????? Pat McCusker keep playing dead like you did in the election
    i am sure you know where his office is. stop by sometime, i am sure he will give you a chance to speak your mind. if you are man/woman enough

Bet he will when the depends are on!! He showed he wasn't man/woman ENOUGH

Quote Originally Posted by had enough yet View Post
    sounds all too familiar to dennis mulqueens spoutings.
    Had Enough is probably employed by both thecity and school distrct and puts in a total of 20 hours per week at both jobs and make almost 100,000 a year!

so who exactly do you support? now your defending McCusker.. probably because he dropped dead in the race liekthe status quo wanted him to.... This will haunt him the rest of his "policital life" if he even has one

Quote Originally Posted by had enough yet View Post
    sounds all too familiar to dennis mulqueens spoutings.
    Sure whatever you say. You have no clue. I'm sure you think nobody else can think the same way. To bad 1/2 the city does. Once again just throwing peoples names out there.

I guess there has to be someone to blame don't you say?

I guess so. Find it funny. Considering that there is more important stuff to worry about.

Exactly! You would think that would be the case. Take care. Thanks for the private message. I'll be hitting couzins for a round!

Talk to you later.

Post Yepper! Hop on Board!

[SIZE=4]
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
    I guess so. Find it funny. Considering that there is more important stuff to worry about.
    Sunday November 13, 2011 Buffalo News: Lackawanna,

The Lackawanna Board of Education will hold its monthly work session at 7 p.m. Monday in the superintendent’s conference room, Room 202, at 245 South Shore Blvd.

The board’s regular monthly business meeting will be at 7 p.m. on Thursday in the Martin Road Elementary Auditorium, 135 Martin Road, Lackawanna.

Agendas for the meetings were not yet available.

Also this week:

• The Global Concepts Charter School will hold its monthly board meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the school auditorium, 1001 Ridge Road.

Here we go.........., ALL ABOARD!
    Next STOP..........:

************************************************** ******************************

COUNCIL MEETING DATES FOR YEAR 2011------and

January ????? 2012! (reorganization & regular meeting)

Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday, December 5, 2011
    Monday, December 19, 2011

You are so right, bluethunder!

Post " Somebody " has to PAY for ALL those Promises.......

AGENDA
    COUNCIL MEETING
    COUNCIL CHAMBERS

NOVEMBER 21, 2011
    www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us
    Meeting called to order/Pledge of Allegiance
    NB: Meeting being recorded.
    Roll Call: Noman, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski
    Dept.Heads: Law, Public Works, Public Safety, Recreation, Development
    Hearings from Citizens:
    Approval of Minutes of regular meeting of November 1, 2011.
    Departmental Reports:
    1.City Clerk – Monthly report for October, 2011.
    2.City Treas. – Receipts deposited in General Fund – October 2011.
    3.City Compt. – AP Check Listing #10, October 27, 2011.
    4.City Compt. – AP Check Listing #11, October 31, 2011.
    5.City Compt. – Statement of Cond. Of Appropriations, October 31, 2011.

Communications from Department/Division Heads:

City Comptroller – advises Council that NYS has imposed a 2% Tax Cap for all municipalities, NYCOM suggest the city pass a local law to protect the municipality if there is a technical or clerical error in the cap calculation.

Business Registrations:

David LaFrance – DBA Nelsons Ridge (restaurant) 2723 South Park Avenue (former Sheba 's)

Local Law

A local law authorizing a property tax in excess of the limit established by General Municipal Law. (public hearing must be held by Mayor prior to signing of local law)

Tabled Items:

Adjournment

PERSONS WISHING TO SPEAK BEFORE THE COUNCIL SHALL GIVE THEIR NAME AND ADDRESS, LIMIT THEIR REMARKS TO THREE (3) MINUTES ON COUNCIL AGENDA ITEMS ONLY AND DIRECT THEIR QUESTIONS TO THE PRESIDING OFFICER. TO PLACE AN ITEM ON THE AGENDA, PERSONS SHALL SUBMIT THEIR CORRESPONDENCE IN LETTER FORM, SIGNED AND FORWARDED TO THE CITY CLERK, VIA CERTIFIED MAIL OR IN PERSON BEFORE 12:00 NOON ON THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE THE COUNCIL MEETING. COUNCIL HAS FINAL APPROVAL. PLEASE TURN OFF ALL CELLPHONES AND GENTLEMEN, REMOVE YOUR HATS

.........FYI:
    Figures Lackawanna would also try to sneak under the property tax cap wire too....... In a poverty stricken City to boot!

When you look under "Department Heads" you will notice FINANCE is not listed.......since FEB. 2007 when he retired and went to part-time 19 hrs/wk for $30,000. OUR CHARTER states it is MANDATORY ALL Department Heads are to be present at ALL COUNCIL Meeting.
    I sure hope the new administration does NOT allow this illegal activity to continue!

Post Paybacks are a B.... if they come out of your own pocket or off your own back....But

....if not.....do you think it really affects them? Are they really worried about the strugglinng Citizens when it comes to their nepotism?

We were told they have already hired two permanent spots already and are dancing with the rest!
    -Caitlyn Depasquale hired already as a Clerk in Engineering
    -The Bigaij gal who was in the job after Laura Iafallo retired, was moved down the hall and made the City of Lackawanna Assistant Comptroller. The boys brought this position back into the Budget a few years back, I voted NO, we do not need it. Kuryak deleted it due to Budget-cuts/Computer software programs that do the work now and overall down-sizing.
    Surdyke who works at LA Mun. Housing, son needed a job so the boys reserected the position just for him to get in. He has now also joined LMHA with his Father permanently,so they just danced with the jobs.

-A new Police Dispatcher was hired also but I do not know who they are yet. I strongly urged Mr. Jaworski to sponcer a hiring freeze asap!

The removal of the tax cap was tabled pending further study. Upon questioning, Mr. Marciniak told me we are at appr. 96% of our Constitutional Taxing Limit and the tax cap has to be lifted or...... He also commented that health insurance costs for the City are going up appr. $150,000 so they need more money.

I asked Geoff his opinion on the Mayor's SUV....if HE was going to drive it? He told us he was going to sell it and put the money into the playgrounds.
    I wonder who is interested in buying it?

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread Information