Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sub-Registry Clerk

Sub-Registry Clerk

From the December 16, 2010 Lackawanna City School District Special Meeting:

Board member Lisa Friend takes care of her dear hubby.....

2) RESOLUTION: Sub-Registry Clerk
    Motion by Board President John Makeyenko, seconded by Board Member Kevin
    Rozwood to approve the following:
    BE IT RESOLVED that the Sub-Registry Clerk appointed by the Board of Education
    to said position at the annual reorganization meeting held on July 1, 2010 is hereby
    relieved of her duties as such effective December 31, 2010 with the thanks of the
    Board of Education for past services rendered.
    BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that Kenneth D. Friend, Jr. is hereby appointed to the
    position of Sub-Registry Clerk effective January 1, 2011 at the rate of $72.45 per
    day with no benefits.
    On the question, Mrs. Lisa Friend stated for the record that Mr. Kenneth D. Friend,
    Jr. is her husband.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    AYES: Gambino, Miller, Friend, Rozwood and Makeyenko
    Nays: Saleh
    APPROVED

From the January 13, 2011 Lackawanna City School District Regular Meeting:

The board realizes that Kenny doesn't know what the hell he's doing!

F-1 APPROVE BOARD CANVASS FOR SUBSTITUTE SUB-REGISTRY CLERK
    Motion by Board President John Makeyenko, seconded by Vice President Ronald Miller upon the
    recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to approve Ms. Rebecca Smith to train
    Mr. Kenneth Friend, Jr., new Sub-Registry Clerk on December 22, 23 and January 3 thru 7.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    AYES: Gambino, Miller, Friend, Rozwood, Sanders and Makeyenko
    NAYS: Saleh
    APPROVED 6 AYES – 1 NAY

Also from the January 13, 2011 Lackawanna City School District Regular Meeting:

The board decides that Kenny deserves a few extra perks even if he doesn't know what the hell he's doing......

Only in Lackawanna.....

F-6 APPROVE RESOLUTION – SUB REGISTRY CLERK
    Motion by Board President Makeyenko, seconded by Board Member Maureen Gambino upon the
    recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to approve the following resolution:
    WHERE, on December 16, 2010 the Lackawanna Board of Education appointed Mr. Kenneth D. Friend, Jr. to
    the position of Substitute Registry Clerk effective January 1, 2011.
    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Mr. Friend will be entitled to receive a paid holiday, the same as
    provided to members of the Lackawanna Competitive Educational Secretaries, paid duty-free recess in
    accordance with the school calendar, and one (1) paid sick day per month with any unused sick days at the end
    of the school year that are allowed to carryover to the next school year, and two (2) non-accumulative paid
    personal days per year. He is also allowed to be covered by Social Security and the Employees’ Retirement
    System. However, Mr. Friend will not be entitled to any health insurance benefits.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:

If all of the above doesn't piss you off you are either part of the family and friends group, or your living under a rock somewhere!!

Interesting....no abstentions...

Shouldn't you have to abstain if you vote on a job for a relative? Atleast make it look like there is no conflict of interest. What's with all the secretary's union bs. This is a non-union serve at the boards whim position. (See first post regarding reorganization meeting) What the hell is up with that? More to come I am sure. Another bs patronage stinker.
    Last edited by mnb811; February 28th, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Shouldn't you have to abstain if you vote on a job for a relative? Atleast make it look like there is no conflict of interest. What's with all the secretary's union bs. This is a non-union serve at the boards whim position. (See first post regarding reorganization meeting) What the hell is up with that? More to come I am sure. Another bs patronage stinker.
    Someone has to do the job,why not him.

What was "wrong" with the woman that had been doing it for years? I think the problem lies with...
    1. Board members husband who wasn't in the race to appoint family members;
    2. First Resolution passed states $72.45 a day with no bennies;
    3. Mr. Friend will be entitled to receive a paid holiday, the same as
    provided to members of the Lackawanna Competitive Educational Secretaries, paid duty-free recess in
    accordance with the school calendar, and one (1) paid sick day per month with any unused sick days at the end
    of the school year that are allowed to carryover to the next school year, and two (2) non-accumulative paid
    personal days per year. He is also allowed to be covered by Social Security and the Employees’ Retirement
    System. However, Mr. Friend will not be entitled to any health insurance benefits. (See first Resolution dated 12/16/10 - no benefits)

Sick days when you already work from home???? Really???? I thought the district was trying to save $; hence the 1 polling place. So how did Mr. Friend end up with all of the above BENEFITS??

Here is what is really happening....they are making Mr. Friend a permanent employee of the district wherein he will have UNION coverage and will block this position- it was an appointment to work at the pleasure of the Board...he makes $26,000+ to work the phones from his PJ's and probably less than 1 1/2 hours WHEN there are call ins.

I can really care less WHO has the job it's just the way the Board went about it...sweet deal for one of their own and all the while they are messing with other people in the district so they can make good on their campaign promises for jobs....paving the road for their own selfishness and utter greed at the expense of the children.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    What was "wrong" with the woman that had been doing it for years? I think the problem lies with...
    1. Board members husband who wasn't in the race to appoint family members;
    2. First Resolution passed states $72.45 a day with no bennies;
    3. Mr. Friend will be entitled to receive a paid holiday, the same as
    System. However, Mr. Friend will not be entitled to any health insurance benefits. (See first Resolution dated 12/16/10 - no benefits)

Sick days when you already work from home???? Really???? I thought the district was trying to save $; hence the 1 polling place. So how did Mr. Friend end up with all of the above BENEFITS??

Here is what is really happening....they are making Mr. Friend a permanent employee of the district wherein he will have UNION coverage and will block this position- it was an appointment to work at the pleasure of the Board...he makes $26,000+ to work the phones from his PJ's and probably less than 1 1/2 hours WHEN there are call ins.

I can really care less WHO has the job it's just the way the Board went about it...sweet deal for one of their own and all the while they are messing with other people in the district so they can make good on their campaign promises for jobs....paving the road for their own selfishness and utter greed at the expense of the children.
    You might want to check your facts, I believe hes entitled to the exact pay and benies the person before him was. I think the problem lies within who got the job!

Then why weren't the sick days, social security etc. done on the FIRST resolution? No, it was added later. The first resolution clearly states NO BENEFITS.....is it me or you spreading lies and misinformation??

Then why weren't the sick days, social security etc. done on the FIRST resolution? No, it was added later. The first resolution clearly states NO BENEFITS.....is it me or you spreading lies and misinformation??
    Hmmmm......no response from the resident big mouth.

How telling........

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    You might want to check your facts, I believe hes entitled to the exact pay and benies the person before him was. I think the problem lies within who got the job!
    NO I would think the problem lies in the extras they gave him after the job said no benifits and also the bs you just wrote. Show us proof that the previous registry clerk recieved the same thing. Since it was obviously so easy for vincenzo to get the info he/she put on here. It should be just as easy for you to do also. Now we will see who is spreading lies and slander.

That is a pure conflict of interest. No health benefits because he probably falls under his wife's plan..

Keep spreading the word.... This board is a start.

Now, Kenneth Friend and his wife Lisa will be indentured and have to play payback with special favors.. Greedy bastards..
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Someone has to do the job,why not him.
    What was wrong with the woman who had done this job for years? All of a sudden she wasn't good enough to do the job?? I also like how the Board passes a Resolution AFTER they already did what they wanted....

The board realizes that Kenny doesn't know what the hell he's doing! - Obviously they knew this PRIOR ......

Motion by Board President John Makeyenko, seconded by Vice President Ronald Miller upon the
    recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to approve Ms. Rebecca Smith to train
    Mr. Kenneth Friend, Jr.,
    new Sub-Registry Clerk on December 22, 23 and January 3 thru 7.DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    APPROVED 6 AYES – 1 NAY

What was wrong with the woman who had done this job for years? All of a sudden she wasn't good enough to do the job?? I also like how the Board passes a Resolution AFTER they already did what they wanted....

The board realizes that Kenny doesn't know what the hell he's doing! - Obviously they knew this PRIOR ......

Mr. Kenneth Friend, Jr.,
    new Sub-Registry Clerk on December 22, 23 and January 3 thru 7.DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    APPROVED 6 AYES – 1 NAY
    Like I said same as person before nothing extra. Fact!!!! go get info yourselves,oops might have to show who you are,hmmm mnb,cant do that because then you would be held accountable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information