Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna PD

Lackawanna PD

For the record: My name is Rocco Russo. I've been a Lackawanna resident since 2003 (most of my adult life, post-college). I took the Lackawanna PD civil service test in November 2010. I scored a 100. I am ranked #1. Let's see if I get hired. I have no connections, no political ties. I'm just a citizen who wants to protect and serve the community he lives in.

Hate to say it but I would start attending political fundraiser and donate a little bit of money and time to canidates and help out on campaigns because they don't have to pick you because of you score they can pick anybody on the top 3. It's a small sacrifice for a lifetime job that will probably be making 60-70 grand a year. If it were me i would be finding out who the key players are and start making some calls. Just my opinion.

Interesting, please followup and let us know!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

dicky.....you forgot to tell him that hiring will also rely in his political affiliation...they only like one party up there.....and if he isn't in the right one...they will tell him to change!

My advice is to get off this site and stay under ALL radar!!!

Just be a good guy and if you have the skills, you can move anywhere to be in law enforcement. Take control of your own destiny!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would say best bet is to stay as far away from this site as possible also. If i were you I would make an appointment to go see the mayor, introduce yourself and let him know how interested in the appointment you are. That would be a good start.

Take your own advice Lackawanna #1...

Consider this just an experiment. I'm curious about what opinions are of the process.

Well, as the cousin of the Council President (Chuck Jaworski)who has a son (Chuck) and son- in- law (Bill K.)in the department I would say that "process" is all about connections. I would also say that holds true for most jobs everywhere.Both of these young Lackawanna cops are great guys and VERY qualified. But there are others out there who tried to get in and the door was tightly shut!

It certainly helps to know people. The current mayor will soon be leaving office. Who knows who the next mayor will be? If you are smart and qualified - you can go anywhere. Having left Buffalo NY myself after a whole life of living there I would ENCOURAGE you to get out of the city. The quality of life and opportunities are unlimited elsewhere. Take the risk and do not look behind!

Look around NOW. Do not SIT and WAIT for the someone else to determine your future. SEIZE THE DAY!

AGAIN.....GET OFF THIS SITE!!!!!!

Go to local places for opinions. Go have breakfast at Cup of Joe's on Ridge Road in early morning. They ALL HANG OUT THERE!!!! WRITING and COMMENTING on this site WILL BE YOUR KISS OF DEATH. City Hall has NO USE FOR THOSE WHO COMMENT HERE!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And...why in the world would you ever use you name on here?????

That ,young man ,does NOT reflect a "smart" person!!!!!

Doing that has probably already got you noticed/talked about and.... NOT in a good way!!!
    Last edited by literal; March 20th, 2011 at 05:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Because I have nothing to hide. I feel the whole process should be transparent. It is paid for by the taxpayers, and they deserve to know who is responsible for their protection and safety, and how they came to be in that employ. I have no illusions about where I stand in the hiring process. I will not kiss ass to get a job. Never have, and never will.

As for leaving the city, I have lived and worked outside of Buffalo, as well as the state of NY. I was educated outside of NY. It's a shame that what should be an amazing place to live, which otherwise is, is ruined by politics. We continue to chase away young, intelligent people.

To Little To late

Everyone is being investigated from the top all the way down especially those that accept bribes from corrupt local business men and those associated with them. Soon Lackawanna wont be called Lackawanna more like South Buffalo. This is not NYC, there are hundreds of turncoats out there so be careful who you associate yourself with. Hundreds will lose jobs, starting with City electives all the way down to education. Coming soon I promise.... If you want a job write a letter to your the Governor or Senator, going to the Mayor will just waste your breath and time, those jobs are already locked away to the highest bidder.

I agree with you Russo. The city isn't transparent at all or tolerating of any opposition. It's either their way or the highway. They bitch when people do not pay their taxes and yet when the school district owes 8,000 bucks because of a mistake the assessor made, they decide to keep the 8grand. Nothing but a bunch of thieves.
    Last edited by mnb811; March 20th, 2011 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    I agree with you Russo. The city isn't transparent at all or tolerating of any opposition. It's either their way or the highway. They bitch when people do not pay their taxes and yet when the school district owes 8,000 bucks because of a mistake the assessor made, they decide to keep the 8grand. Nothing but a bunch of thieves.
    There are laws that have to be followed and rules, Im sure the money is going to be paid, but there is a process to be followed, not just write a check and be over, if it was that easy im sure it would have been done. Mnb, people are elected to office, We elect them because of the majority vote, It seems you want to have a say in elections and then want to tell them what to do when they get there. Talk about micro managing!

Russo if you want a job, its not kissing ass, would you not follow up on an interview with a private company? Would you not go into an interview and try to tell them your the person for the job? that is part of the interviewing process, scoring a 100 on the test was your first part of the interview. Now you need to follow up before you act like these people oon here and bad mouth everyone and ruin any shot you may have. Its a lifetime good paying job which are very hard to find no matter where you go.

Frankly they will probably go to court over it and what the hell is a few more taxpayer dollars paying for lawyers fees right? The city admitted the mistake and paid back the church why can't the school district. You guys bitch about Andrea on here not paying her taxes but yet it's ok for you to rob a church for 8grand are you serious? They have no intention of paying it back read the comments by Morgan and Makeyenko to the news. A bunch of thieves is what they are! The funniest part of the whole thing is the only Muslim (Omar Saleh)on the school board is actually fighting for the Roman Catholic Church to get the money that is due to them. Now that's what I call a great school board member who fights for what is right!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information