Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Teacher's Aides

Post Bingo!

"is TOTAL board control. All school boards hire who they want and who will work well with the current group."************************************************** ********

And who doesn't work well with the group is what?
    Arrested? Put on TV and publicly humiliated? Researched back to their first boyfriend in an attempt to dig up dirt anywhere they can? Ridiculed in a public meeting? Finger in the face while screaming and spitting at them? Monitoring their home? Etc........!

That is exactly why we fought years ago to raise the Board from 5 members to 7, I thought a larger group diversity would STOP the "family and friends club" political monopoly and patronage train.

This is also why we lack so much in "Lack"awanna. Playing with OUR babies future--shame on all who put poli-tricks before them.
    And God Bless those of you who give it all you got to teach OUR kids, regardless of the political strife decaying the infrastructure of "The System".

Bravo!--and Never compromise your integrity, especially for the love of
    money!

Post Fact!

February 26th, 2011, 02:06 PM #61
    lackawanna #1

""Originally Posted by cath829
    You used Mama Cash before referring to Andrea...you are the one in need of elaborating for everyone here to know exactly what you are talking about ""

Ask Russell or Frank.

Russell, my first boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    You do NOT need to apply for a vacant opening on the board. They really do not even have to fill it....but, this is TOTAL board control. All school boards hire who they want and who will work well with the current group.
    Total BS should have been advertised. How many more people do we need on this board that work for the City of Lackawanna? David is a good guy but when push comes to shove which way will he go or anyone else on the board who works for the city for that matter? The way the people in power want them to. If they don't they will be outcasts. There are plenty of examples in the city to choose from.

Teacher's Aides

I believe that School Board (ANY BOARD, really) functions best when there is a diversity...representatives from a variety of groups...a racially, ethnically, socially diverse Board, especially in the City of Lackawanna! This City is a very diverse community...but it just seems that City Hall and the School Board have somehow become one in the same. Yes, Mr. Joyce is a parent, but he's also on the police force (as was Mr. Rozwood and Mr. Miller). The mayor's secretary on the Board, too. Mr. Makeyenko works for the City in Municipal Housing and has something to do with being a Marshall. Where is the "diversity"? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the City and the School District shouldn't get along and work together for the common good of the community and the children...but shouldn't the School Board consist of more PARENT-type representation? Someone on the PTA? A Girl Scout/Boy Scout leader? A representative from a church youth group? A community activist?

Quote Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
    I believe that School Board (ANY BOARD, really) functions best when there is a diversity...representatives from a variety of groups...a racially, ethnically, socially diverse Board, especially in the City of Lackawanna! This City is a very diverse community...but it just seems that City Hall and the School Board have somehow become one in the same. Yes, Mr. Joyce is a parent, but he's also on the police force (as was Mr. Rozwood and Mr. Miller). The mayor's secretary on the Board, too. Mr. Makeyenko works for the City in Municipal Housing and has something to do with being a Marshall. Where is the "diversity"? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the City and the School District shouldn't get along and work together for the common good of the community and the children...but shouldn't the School Board consist of more PARENT-type representation? Someone on the PTA? A Girl Scout/Boy Scout leader? A representative from a church youth group? A community activist?
    You are having a philosophical debate over what should be and what is.....can't argue with your point BUT....

If you were still on the board now you would be part of the decision as to WHO should fill in. There must be a reason that they wanted David Joyce to fill it. Maybe David will run and being in now, will give him a voting advantage? Maybe they need his vote for a majority voting issue before the term is over? Who knows? Only the BOE!

Some districts appoint who was the next highest votes in the past election. Most go with who they like and will NOT be controversial.....the fact remains given how late it is they did NOT have to fill it at all till July 1....so, WHY ARE THEY?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher's Aides

I wasn't talking about the latest appointment to the vacancy. I was talking about the Board IN GENERAL...the upcoming elections in May. It's just plain common sense that the current Board would pick someone THEY were comfortable working with to fill the current vacancy.

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    You are having a philosophical debate over what should be and what is.....can't argue with your point BUT....

If you were still on the board now you would be part of the decision as to WHO should fill in. There must be a reason that they wanted David Joyce to fill it. Maybe David will run and being in now, will give him a voting advantage? Maybe they need his vote for a majority voting issue before the term is over? Who knows? Only the BOE!

Some districts appoint who was the next highest votes in the past election. Most go with who they like and will NOT be controversial.....the fact remains given how late it is they did NOT have to fill it at all till July 1....so, WHY ARE THEY?
    Nothing against David Joyce he is a nice person. He is running. His agenda is probably a job for his wife. It has been mentioned for a while from what people have been saying. His connections with the city will ensure that the city will keep things the way they like it and not the way it should be. I've said it before on here when Leonetti resigned that Laurent Swanson shouldn't have been the replacement. There was no need to even replace Rozwood as they already have a majority no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Nothing against David Joyce he is a nice person. He is running. His agenda is probably a job for his wife. It has been mentioned for a while from what people have been saying. His connections with the city will ensure that the city will keep things the way they like it and not the way it should be. I've said it before on here when Leonetti resigned that Laurent Swanson shouldn't have been the replacement. There was no need to even replace Rozwood as they already have a majority no matter what.
    In one breath you say they appointed Mr. Joyce so they can keep things the way they want it and then say they already have the majority so they didnt need to appoint him, which one is it, you cant bash them both ways? Oh I forgot who was talking, silly me. Hater you are!

They didn't need to appoint him they could have waited until the election. They have the majority no matter what. Just because I disagree with the fools who run your second from the bottom school district that makes me a hater? Wow. I go after them on subjects and their records not family members etc. like you do. Your the real hater. BTW your reading comprehension problem is still pretty bad.

They didn't need to appoint him they could have waited until the election. They have the majority no matter what. Just because I disagree with the fools who run your second from the bottom school district that makes me a hater? Wow. I go after them on subjects and their records not family members etc. like you do. Your the real hater. BTW your reading comprehension problem is still pretty bad.
    Hurry up and switch back to your other name!

LOL. My other name?? Good grief here we go again!

You mean you go after them because they don't think like YOU!!!!
    Sad, pathetic, ignorant person that you are

LMAO no the district is ranked 98 and the city looks like crap. I just call them out on it. To many blind people like you in LA glad I moved!

Losers...all of you....ha ha

LMAO no the district is ranked 98 and the city looks like crap. I just call them out on it. To many blind people like you in LA glad I moved!
    We're gald you moved too. If only you'd stay out. You think anyone gives a rat's ass what you think

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information