Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna: Democracy or Dictatorship?

I noticed you didn't get a reply. Typical.

Post And they call themselves "Democrats".....

"The Democratic party has also aligned itself with the plight of minority populations and the economically challenged. A Democrat generally believes the federal and state governments have an obligation to provide essential services for citizens in need, as well as legal recognition and protection for oppressed or poorly represented minority groups. Social Security, public welfare and food stamp programs are the direct result of Democratic presidencies."

Dicto-crats is more like it.

The blame game of who is at fault for the condition of OUR City could be battled out for years, it goes back decades.
    Unfortunately, both politicians and "the People" are to blame for all the "Lack", in Lackawanna. It did not start over night, and it is generational.

The people who truly care turn their caring into apathy, while the club members continue to "git" theirs for their family and friends.

I have attended 90% of bi-monthly Council meeting in the last 20 years, many times it was just Joe D. and I pleading with them to stop the wreck-less spending. "They" outnumbered "us", so they do the least amount of work, give us some double talk, and run to the nearest bar.

Joe D. calls me a one-woman army, I know my drum is heavy and the road lonely, BUT-----I refuse to grumble in the shadows about the "lack".
    I am marching!

Caz5, why don't you print your posts and stand up at the Council meeting and read it? Then give every Councilman a copy, and see what they have to say to you.

"Ask not what has Your City done for You----Ask what have YOU done for Your City"? I know you have tried, and the dragon has many heads, But-----Remember, "The race is not always won by the swiftest but to those who keep on running"!

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post
    Ten Questions for the Mayor, City Council (past, present AND future):

(1) What does the Lackawanna Chamber of Commerce do?
    (2) When will the Slaughterhouse on Ridge Road become the market that was promised?
    (3) What does the Lackawanna Youth Bureau do? If they are active - how in the world do the residents find out what's going on?
    (4) Are there plans for the section of Ridge Road just off the bridge by Center Street to get repaved?
    (5) Why doesn't someone take down the old Christmas wreath hanging on the corner of Ridge and South Park?
    (6) Other than liquor stores, bars, and a pawn shop, what is the City doing to attract new businesses to the "downtown" section of town?
    (7) The Tim Horton's on Ridge Road just off Abbott is a MAJOR traffic accident waiting to happen. Who was responsible for o.k.'ing that location?
    (8) Lots and lots of boarded up businesses on Abbott, Ridge, and South Park. Why?
    (9) Is there some ordinance about people putting their trash out 3 days prior to pickup? It's unsightly and attracks critters (4 legged & 2 legged!) What is the law about "garbage pickers?" They dig through the piles and tear open bags, move boxes, and the wind catches the debris and scatters it throughout the neighborhood.
    (10) Who's responsible for the traffic/parking situation around Mulberry's? And the traffic/parking situation around Bokan's? Lots of near misses around the post office parking lot, too.
    ************************************************** ********1. The Lackawanna Chamber, Mission Statement:

Our Goal is to deliver the best possible services, support, and communications to the members and business community, while keeping informed of Local, State, and Federal government issues that affect the business climate and welfare of all citizens in the Lackawanna Area

What they are supposed to do and what they really do, maybe they can answer you in the paper.

2." "New Supermarket, and at those prices, I will not go to TOPS, said Polanski"" Ralph and the mayor know this answer, they told us it was to happen 1 yr ago.

3. Lackawanna Youth Bureau??--I know the Director retired Sieracki earns $14,000/yr and The La Youth Bureau has a few functions/yr , maybe they send home flyer's with the kids???

4. Ridge Road, PATHETIC! I questioned our large fund balance 2 yrs back and we all voted to take $950,000 to start the repair. Now they are going after another avenue, Marchelle money(I know I spelled it wrong) to repair. It should have been done!
    I asked why the west side of the bridge has NO pots holes and the Center St area is a mine-field every few years. It is a disgrace that it was NOT repaired when the new bridge was finished. Ask Tom Love/Com. Public Works.

5. The 20 yr old wreath?--- Maybe they think it looks good.
    6.Toasting themselves!
    7.Yep, numerous accidents, sad. The Planning-Zoning Board/Mayor/Love club.
    8.Check their assessments.

9.Rubbish is to be put out no sooner than 5:00 pm the evening before their scheduled pick-up. A friend of mine received a citation when it was put out 2 days early when his tenant passed.

10.Jaworski and the Public Safety Director (retired Policeman Startek, salary $14,000/yr_

Post Procurement Policy?

February 7, 2011 Lackawanna City Council Meeting:

"Mayor Polanski - requests approval of Memorandum of Understanding Agreement between the City of Lackawanna and Burke Homes to proceed with Martin Road Development Project"

When did this go out to bid? Maybe I missed it.......

I thought you had to build your own house with your own contractor because "No developer will touch this project in this day and economic times." Gee I wonder why they used Burke? LOL talk about friends and family.

What happened on the housing development issue at the council meeting?

Lackawanna: Democracy or Dictatorship?

I'm not sure which housing development you are referring to, but in the Buffalo News this morning was an article about the development of 40 newly constructed homes in the First Ward.

The Lackawanna City Council on Monday agreed to support a national developer’s plan to construct 40 single-family rental homes for low-income residents in the city’s 1st Ward.

The NRP Group, a full-service developer, general contractor and property manager, is seeking to buy the city-owned parcels and land for a clubhouse as part of a development that would be called Lackawanna Homes.

City officials have offered to reduce the initial asking price for the 40 parcels to $225,000, from more than $300,000, to demonstrate support for the development, City Council President Charles Jaworski said in a Feb. 2 letter to the company’s vice president of development.

Second Ward Councilman Geoffrey Szymanski was the only one of the five lawmakers to express reservations about supporting the project.

“I’m not against this project. I’m just simply a little bit confused as to the direction this is at right now, and I’m not exactly comfortable with [Jaworski’s] letter that we are approving,” Szymanski said prior to a Council vote.

After Monday’s meeting, he explained that he had conducted a basic Internet search of the company and learned that several cities around the country have been clamoring for similar NRP Group developments in their communities.

Once completed, Szymanski said, the single-family homes would be rent-to-own properties, allowing renters to purchase the houses at a reduced price after 15 years of continuous renting. After that point, he said, the properties would become available to those renters for a purchase price of about $33,000 each.

Post My sources tell me.......

If this project is given the green light through Erie County/STATE MONEY funding sources, then it will be a BIG win-win for All of us!
    The NRP Developer has to put the application in by today and they will know if it is a go in appr. 3 months.
    Starting date appr. Spring 2012, some homes handicap accessible. Nice.

The individual homes will be scattered throughout the First Ward on 40 empty/possibly a waiting to be done demo- lots that the City currently owns.

This is the pivot-shot the First Ward/City needed 20 years ago! I am saddened to think about the $$millions that have passed through OUR City of Lackawanna over the years and NOTHING much was ever truly developed!

Except many individual "financial planning" accounts, and their own out of town retirement properties.

Szymanski voted no........

Now let's turn to the Martin Road/King "Norman" Way-"Love" Terrace, and "Joseph" Drive---(and it is NOT Joe Dicenzo), Project:

The club at least had the brains to table King Normans' plan to give the project to his hand-picked contractor. I don't care what contractor gets to be the Developer but-----it is against the law if it is NOT bid out!
    The Mayor is trying to pull an illegal act by pushing through who he picked without following The City of Lackawanna Procurement policy!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Yup, must be a BIG cat!

Pick the place toms, I am looking forward to discussing my life credentials with you! You can bring your friends if you are afraid of being alone with me.

I'm waiting..........Are you out of town? I love traveling, I will gladly still come and meet with you.

What a pitiful life you have ....always ready to fight and call names...meet me at the bottom of lake Erie...I may be late....wait for me,,....

Quote Originally Posted by toms View Post
    What a pitiful life you have ....always ready to fight and call names...meet me at the bottom of lake Erie...I may be late....wait for me,,....
    She got more guts than you ever will. You didn't even call her. If you did I am sure she would have said so.

Aren't you the clever one toms? This was such a great come back, it really shows your intelligence! Maybe she could snowmobile over to one of the open areas that are not iced over to jump in? Seems to me that YOU are the one always looking for a fight here. Most ALL of your postings on this forum are childish attempts to get Haxton.
    Will you ever have anything to say about how the city of Lackawanna could be improved or better managed? You don't have to criticize anything, tell us what is being done right in this city!
    Is it your opinion that Lackawanna is perfect just the way it is? You probably see the nepotism, incompetence, unethical and seedy government as normal because you have no moral compass. You think this is the way it's supposed to be, don't you?
    If you knew in your heart that government in Lackawanna is doing the right thing, then Haxton wouldn't get under your skin like she does. End of story!

Nice, real nice. I guess we can thank your parents for your fine upbringing!!! He isn't/won't be late, he proved you don't have to be at the bottom of the lake to be pond scum or fungus!!!

Post Are YOU Stalking Me?

"pitiful life"-------How do YOU know know what my life is like? Are you stalking me, do you have my home/phone bugged? The City/Club members spent MEGA-money stalking/chasing me over the years----why I must be a VERY Important Person! The School Board President even told me that he researched me all the way back to my first boyfriend when I was 17, I must be REAL Important for someone to go that far back to "find" something on me!

You are right about one thing, toms, I am always ready to fight to protect OUR Citizens/City from the vulchers-vipers-and liars who have robbed Lackawanna of its deserved dignity and $$$MONEY!

-----"meet me at the bottom of lake (it is spelled Lake), Erie" tells everyone, LOUD and Clear............ ! If you knew me as well as you think, you would know I LOVE the water! But seriously, I take what you posted as a threat to my well-being.

I feel so sorry for you "toms", and keep you in my prayers!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    "pitiful life"-------How do YOU know know what my life is like? Are you stalking me, do you have my home/phone bugged? The City/Club members spent MEGA-money stalking/chasing me over the years----why I must be a VERY Important Person! The School Board President even told me that he researched me all the way back to my first boyfriend when I was 17, I must be REAL Important for someone to go that far back to "find" something on me!

You are right about one thing, toms, I am always ready to fight to protect OUR Citizens/City from the vulchers-vipers-and liars who have robbed Lackawanna of its deserved dignity and $$$MONEY!

-----"meet me at the bottom of lake (it is spelled Lake), Erie" tells everyone, LOUD and Clear............ ! If you knew me as well as you think, you would know I LOVE the water! But seriously, I take what you posted as a threat to
    my well-being.

I feel so sorry for you "toms", and keep you in my prayers!
    the vulchers (whatever those are), the vipers, the liars who have robbed?...........blah...blab.....blab.......

Oh the old name calling again from the great christian lady............going to church makes you a Christian like standing in the garage makes u a Cadillac

Post Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see

the vulchers (whatever those are), the vipers, the liars who have robbed?...........blah...blab.....blab.......

Oh the old name calling again from the great christian lady............going to church makes you a Christian like standing in the garage makes u a Cadillac

Vulture
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
    For other uses, see Vulture (disambiguation).
    Vulture:

Some members of both the old and new world vultures have an unfeathered neck and head, shown as radiating heat in this thermographic image.Vultures are scavenging birds, feeding mostly on the carcasses of dead animals. Vultures are found on every continent except Antarctica.

So I spelled it wrong--big deal.

What is "the unpardonable sin?" How does sin become "unforgivable?" -
    It states that every sin is forgivable, except if a person speaks badly about the Holy Spirit. ... "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against...
    http://www.christiananswers.net/q-ed...onablesin.html

You know toms, something tells me that YOU have a problem with Christianity.
    It is your business, I could care less. You make me chuckle with your junior high attacks on me---not the issues I want/hope to discuss on here and "SPEAK-UP" about Lackawanna.

I do not judge you, I am not against you, you judge yourself by what comes from your mind/mouth/through your posts.
    Relax a little and see what I/WE could do with the broken bones left from "the Pickers" who have not done what they promised for ALL of the rest of us Lackawannans'.

Give me/us a chance---you might be pleasantly surprised at the start of a new beginning of a MODERN City!

Everything I post is based on only the facts, and nothing more, so help me God!

"Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged!
    and
    Let He Who is Without Sin Cast the First Stone"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information