Thread: Town Meeting... During The Day

Town Meeting... During The Day

ok why did dr. barry brainstien do this? (I know a good pet groomer.... he needs a trim)

one reason he said they are saving $ on dept. heads coming to the meetings during the day. why are they paying them to attend at the evening meetings?
    with the money they are making!! the news article said most are paid comp time for attending the board meetings

manna:
    "Some people on this town board are determined to close the public out of our decision making," said Amherst Town Board Member Mark Manna.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...05490&catid=37

Afternoon Town Meetings

Meetings should be in the evening so citizens can, if they wish, express their opinions and talk on whatever bothers them.
    When the firefighters were experiencing a delay in approving their contracts, there was almost not enough room for them in Town Hall. When the issue was the gun club, a like amount of concerned citizenry needed to be provided for.
    Meetings during the day are wrong because so many could not attend.
    The meeting should also explain what was "consented to" prior to the meetings.

Department heads are in two categories: some are exempt by position and some require a civil service test. If someone were to check the agenda before hand, then those effected could attend to be available to answer questions.

It would have been nice had he said how much was being saved...
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

"0" saved

Department heads get their salary no matter how many or how few hours they work. Remember the last engineer?

None of them punches a time clock. No one knows if Ketchum or Guzdak works more than 35 hrs either to earn those special stipends. How could they unless they followed them around all day. (Put a gps anklet on them..not a bad idea!!)

No money was saved. It was just an empty statement from an empty headed supervisor.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    None of them punches a time clock.
    This is one issue i have...

In cheektowaga they don't use time clocks either... Seems odd..makes it tough to track anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Surface Tension View Post
    Department heads get their salary no matter how many or how few hours they work. Remember the last engineer?

None of them punches a time clock. No one knows if Ketchum or Guzdak works more than 35 hrs either to earn those special stipends. How could they unless they followed them around all day. (Put a gps anklet on them..not a bad idea!!)

No money was saved. It was just an empty statement from an empty headed supervisor.

What about Mr. Weinstein himself? Doesn't he see patients during the day?

Excellent point! I sometimes wonder what type of practice he has anyway. If he works part time hours how about reducing his salary? Fat Chance!!

Monday, March 14th

Monday has a Department Head meeting at 4:00 that is open to the public. It's at Amherst Town Hall. I'm trying to go - it depends on how tolerant one of my clients is to an early departure.

I'm encouraging anyone who can to go - see for yourself how things are run.
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

Looked to me like everyone knew what they were talking about. $9 million deficit? Whew! And these figures were provided by responsible people unlike when Mohan claimed there was a $6 million deficit and he was aided and abetted by that nitwit Shelly. Turned out there was a surplus. By the way, if they're salaried employees department heads are paid a fixed slalry even if they work 10 hours this week and 80 next week...just like the private sector.

The idea behind during the day meetings, is that less people who are involved in town politics will be able to attend said meetings.

Basically it comes down to the fact that people are angry for paying exhorbant amounts of money for crappy service, and the town board is tired of hearing people bitch. So they give this idea as a 'way to save money' when in reality it doesnt save anymoney, but it saves them the aggrevation of listening to people bitch about the piss poor job the Town is doing.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Thread Information