Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Letter To The Village Of Lancaster Board

Ten days short of the four-month mark, and still no response.

Why is that???
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Mark, this post has gotten a lot of attention and there is a reason for that, the citizens are concerned about the absence of information available to the public and the continued roadblocks placed by the Ruda administration to keep the public in the dark
    So I decided to bring it back to the top of the readers list of posts for even more scrutiny

Thank you GC.

This issue merits an ongoing public conversation until those questions are authoritatively answered.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Another month is on the wane, and still no response.

I wonder if I am being avoided?

Mark, unless you live within the Ruda Golden Business Circle, you will get NO response from the VOL board. As the "new" person fills the vacant seat on this board as an "old" friend, I suggest there is nothing "new" here to see. The same old is again the same old.

Mr. Schroeder is now a willing pawn of the Sweeney/Ruda scam. He offers no change from his old stance of go along to get along.

No Trustee sitting presently has an ounce of courage or spine to ask pertinent questions of their mayor and her mode of operation. Not one of them is openly fighting for REAL transparency.

Believe me when I tell you...........There IS a serious group gathering to sweep clean the VOL board in the next couple of elections. If any of the present members think they are not going to be targeted I suggest you think again.

Tying you political fortunes to the Sweeney/Ruda team will reap you the just reward you will deserve. Hiding behind closed doors and making false promises and not admitting what you know to the voters will come back to haunt you all. Mr. Schroeder has already backed down from his staunch promise "to see what's been going on " with this board since he was sent packing. He has not demanded a more open form of government, nor has he expanded to weak Facebook video coverage of meetings to a more people friendly and free Youtube where the meetings can be seen years laters not taken down after 2 weeks. Has the fast talking Mr. Schroeder asked why the mayor refuses to allow the citizens more than a meager 3 minutes to state a position and then offer no response. Has Mr. Schroeder questioned why the mayor has most questions of concern by the citizens filtered through the board's attorney, rather than face those people personally in front of the public. NO,NO and NO.

Things are happening right in front of your collective noses and you can't see it. So be it.

I know these board members will continue on down the same old path they have taken for years. I also know many, many people have taken notice and seem to be interested enough to try to cause a big change in how the Village of Lancaster is run.

Maybe when that happens Mark you will receive the proper respect you deserve as a voting citizen of the VOL

Quote Originally Posted by GroundControl View Post
    Believe me when I tell you...........There IS a serious group gathering to sweep clean the VOL board in the next couple of elections. If any of the present members think they are not going to be targeted I suggest you think again...

I know these board members will continue on down the same old path they have taken for years. I also know many, many people have taken notice and seem to be interested enough to try to cause a big change in how the Village of Lancaster is run.
    Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post

Historically, the VOL Board has been an entrenched haven for surrogates of the town Rep/Dem Lancaster Uni-Party, and it has been in need of transparency and change for quite some time.

Moreover, as I also noted yesterday, the anticipated challenge to the VOL Board is a necessary extension of what has already occurred in the town:

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    As I see things, with its defeats in 2019, 2021, and 2023, the town Uni-Party substantially redeployed to that VOL Board haven. It may now consider it to be a privileged sanctuary, from which they can attempt to stage a counter attack against the new town people's majority...

As such, what you apparently describe as a possible offensive targeting of the VOL Board, I would characterize as a defensive measure; the people's necessary hot pursuit of the Uni-Party into its last-stand sanctuary.
    ++++ ++++ ++++ ++++

Mr. Schroeder has already backed down from his staunch promise "to see what's been going on " with this board since he was sent packing. He has not demanded a more open form of government, nor has he expanded to weak Facebook video coverage of meetings to a more people friendly and free Youtube where the meetings can be seen years laters not taken down after 2 weeks. Has the fast talking Mr. Schroeder asked why the mayor refuses to allow the citizens more than a meager 3 minutes to state a position and then offer no response. Has Mr. Schroeder questioned why the mayor has most questions of concern by the citizens filtered through the board's attorney, rather than face those people personally in front of the public. NO,NO and NO.

Very, very troubling GC.

During the recent campaigns, I faithfully expressed many concerns over the lack-luster approach to his efforts. When he did engage the campaign, his sentences were conspicuously parsed, and done so in such a way as to contain many built-in escape hatches.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 22nd, 2024 at 03:27 PM.

Mark, the past few VOL board meetings have been fairly sparse of any heavy questions.

I think that may change soon as a more refined portfolio of clear issues and questions to be answered for decisions taken are gathered. The last election and special run off brought out enough public interest from the people of the village that were otherwise unaware of the behind closed doors dealings of their elected board members to start the ball of information rolling.

Soon that rolling ball will gather interest that will bring more eyes and ears into the equation.

That will test which way that village is headed. The present top down approach of the Sweeney/Ruda administration, or the bottom up grassroots way of the New Group?

It's coming.

Soon that rolling ball will gather interest that will bring more eyes and ears into the equation.

That will test which way that village is headed. The present top down approach of the Sweeney/Ruda administration, or the bottom up grassroots way of the New Group?

It's coming.
    A principled Trustee in large part resigned, in a paraphrase, "in protest" over some of those "behind closed doors dealings" GC. That resignation should have made big, bold headlines.

Nevertheless, if the incumbent elected VOL leaders do not explain, for better or worse, those dealings, and if our local press is too timid to probe the outstanding questions which attend those dealings, it will indeed be the "bottoms-up grassroots" that will compel such disclosure, or otherwise draw its own conclusions, but that is just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 22nd, 2024 at 08:21 PM.

Mark, the past few VOL board meetings have been fairly sparse of any heavy questions.
    Livestreaming of VOL meetings should generate more public interest GC.

Unfortunately, the Facebook limitation tends to minimize such interest. A departure from that Facebook limitation will be Trustee Schroeder's first test in my eyes.

For Heaven's sake Bill, push for a VOL YouTube Channel with livestreaming of all VOL Board meetings, eh?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information