Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Town Board on Monday designated the Friends part of Government

Town Board on Monday designated the Friends part of Government

TOWN BOARD PROCEEDINGS, Minutes #2008-11, June 23, 2008
    “Mrs. Paula E. Minklei thought that AmeriCorps was a fine program, but she did not believe it was the job of town government."

"Buffalo News: October 5, 2010, 7:03 AM

The Town Board on Monday designated the Friends of the Burchfield Nature & Art Center as part of town government. The group took over after the nonprofit Gardenville Campus at Burchfield group left the site in August.

“they care about the community, they care about the place,” said Paula E. Minklei. “They’re always there to help out, whenever we need anything.”

That seems like a good thing, no? Now anyone in the town can join.

Mrs. Minklei would be nice to see a clear delineation

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    That seems like a good thing, no? Now anyone in the town can join.
    TOWN BOARD PROCEEDINGS, Minutes #2008-11, June 23, 2008, "Mrs. Minklei commented that it would be nice to see a clear delineation in the town budget. "

Well, good luck with getting a clear delineation in town budget. But I do agree that the property management and activities should be part of town government because we own it. Not that I want to own it, but then again I don't want to own an ice rink or senior center either.

Paula Minklei, Who put her in charge??

How is she in charge??
    ISSUES OF THE PUBLIC. Minutes #2008-02, January 28, 2008:
    Paula Minklei, 896 Orchard Park Road stated she felt certain job positions should be posted in the community so that people would have an opportunity to apply for them.

Unhappy

Hey Orchard Park, I'm sure you would be more than welcome to sit at the Birchfield 5 days a week, 7 hours a day if you would like to. Paula is doing it for a salary of $0.00! You can volunteer your time, like she does and everyone would be happy for your services. You bitch if nothing is done and you bitch if people volunteer their time. I guess you're a very unhappy person and see no good in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Orchardpark View Post
    How is she in charge??
    ISSUES OF THE PUBLIC. Minutes #2008-02, January 28, 2008:
    Paula Minklei, 896 Orchard Park Road stated she felt certain job positions should be posted in the community so that people would have an opportunity to apply for them.
    Dale Clarke says how they're doing it now is "fairly" when comes to the hiring practices

Basically, it is not a job. She is volunteering her time to open the building and answer the phones. She is not getting paid nor does she have any benefits relating to her volunteering.

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture View Post
    Dale Clarke says how they're doing it now is "fairly" when comes to the hiring practices
    Could you show this board where DALE Clarke made the quote "Only certain people find out about the jobs."

Quote Originally Posted by SOMETHING SMELLS View Post
    Could you show this board where DALE Clarke made the quote "Only certain people find out about the jobs."
    Mr. Murek felt there should be a hiring policy in town that is up to federal mandates. If the town is receiving federal funds, then the town should be an equal opportunity employer. Mr. Murek requested that there be no further appointments, other than civil service appointments, for the Police Department. He referenced the appointments made in the Highway Department and felt there should be a hiring policy in place prior to department heads appointing people.

Councilman Clarke responded that there are numbers that need to be met in the Highway Department. Individuals are hired part-time and then they work their way up the ladder. This is the process and it works well and fairly.

Should be when certain people find out about the job....I'll edit it

12. Highway Supt. re Termination of N Lubkowski & appointment of M Melski as part-time laborer

Motion by Councilman Graber, seconded by Councilwoman Meegan, to terminate Nicholas Lubkowski as part-time laborer in the Buildings & Grounds Department and appoint Matthew Melski as part-time laborer in the Buildings & Grounds Department at a rate of $7.25 per hour effective September 5, 2009 and authorize the Supervisor to complete and sign the necessary forms for Erie County Personnel.

Mr. Russo further questioned the following items:

* Item #12 & #14 - were the part-time laborer positions posted on the town’s website

Robert Schultz of the Highway Department was filling in for Highway Supt. Matthew English and stated that the groomers are parked at the transfer station. He did not believe the part-time laborer positions were posted on the website.

Mr. Russo suggested that these positions be advertised in the future and that be made part of the Code of Ethics.

How else does anyone find out about the job? Especially after the typical part-time summer jobs have been filled.

WNY FUTURE why do you post LIES. What are you trying to gain, attacking Clarke. Your post still does not show or will it ever show that he made the statement you posted,"Only certain people find out about jobs!" A forum is only as good as the people who post,hopefully they tell the truth. This seems to be your biggest problem. I smell a failed individual who ran for an Office in West Seneca.and failed, The two board minutes you posted were not from the same T/B Meetings seperated by almost one year. Schultz in 8/24/09, Clarkes in 7/19/10.Why show Schultz comments and try to tie them to your answer to the LIE you posted on Clarke.The question was SHOW THIS FORUM WHERE HE MADE THE STATEMENT YOU MADE UP and POSTED!

Whether Clarke said it or not, isn't it true that only certain people find out about jobs? I inquired one time about a job for someone and was told that the councilmen take turns picking their F&Fs for the job openings. This was during the reign of Clark-perhaps things have changed.

I smell a failed individual who ran for an Office in West Seneca.and failed
    As for you, something definitely does smell! It appears that you are someone who currently holds office in town--you may not have failed to get elected, but you're certainly a failed individual.

WNY FUTURE why do you post LIES. What are you trying to gain, attacking Clarke. Your post still does not show or will it ever show that he made the statement you posted,"Only certain people find out about jobs!" A forum is only as good as the people who post,hopefully they tell the truth. This seems to be your biggest problem. I smell a failed individual who ran for an Office in West Seneca.and failed, The two board minutes you posted were not from the same T/B Meetings seperated by almost one year. Schultz in 8/24/09, Clarkes in 7/19/10.Why show Schultz comments and try to tie them to your answer to the LIE you posted on Clarke.The question was SHOW THIS FORUM WHERE HE MADE THE STATEMENT YOU MADE UP and POSTED!
    Dale Clarke says how they're doing it now is "fair"...I even said he said the current process is fair, that's his opinion and I disagree.

Exact quote
    "Councilman Clarke responded that there are numbers that need to be met in the Highway Department. Individuals are hired part-time and then they work their way up the ladder. This is the process and it works well and fairly."

The board minutes are from August 2009 meeting and one of the recent board meetings. They have relevance because they both pretend to jobs in the town.

I have never run for office, give it up.

Hey Reality that hurts, coming from someone like you. Your knowledge on subjects and input on matters keeps me interested in town issues. As for being an elected official... not today but you never know

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information