Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Lincoln Park still closed?

Quote Originally Posted by joe d.
    Travel one street East of the park you'll see hoardes of social-service parasites, rollin a dual baby carriages with twin welfare checks on board, while the sideways-hat wearin baby-daddy jaws on a cell phone while alternately sucking on a 40 ouncer and dragging off a blunt or Kool 100. Sadly, this cancer is metastizing and infecting established neighborhoods. No wonder you see a multitude of "For Sale" signs throughout the LP community.
    SADLY....you are correct! Ijust hope we can stop this cancer before it spreads to AMHERST or WILLIAMSVILLE
    Before it spreads to AMHERST? What about allenhurst apartments? Where are they located? What about the Pheasant Run/ Sundridge area? I took my parents looking for houses in Amherst. Sadly it looks like the cancer (as you call it) has spread. They ended up staying in the Town of Tonawanda. Its affordable and SAFE. We just don't have any park benches to sit on at the park.

Poor Navin.

He’s paying tax increases up the ying-yang to subsidize field trips to Hawaii and all over for senior citizens thru the Senior Center.

He’s got Crangle spending money at Kenney Field like a drunken sailor because his legacy is to have a memorial there just like the one “Six Shooter” Hedges got at the Highway Department.

He’s got the School Board who’s gonna hit up the Town for a HUGE tax increase because they gotta put cops in the schools now, ON OVERTIME to keep the little monsters in line.

And all the poor guy wants is a damn park bench! EVERYONE call the Town of Tonawanda Parks Department tomorrow and tell them you want a park bench at Lincoln Park! I don’t think it’s too much to ask for!

And by the way, welcome to the boards Navin!

Quote Originally Posted by Enough
    Poor Navin.

He’s paying tax increases up the ying-yang to subsidize field trips to Hawaii and all over for senior citizens thru the Senior Center.

He’s got Crangle spending money at Kenney Field like a drunken sailor because his legacy is to have a memorial there just like the one “Six Shooter” Hedges got at the Highway Department.

He’s got the School Board who’s gonna hit up the Town for a HUGE tax increase because they gotta put cops in the schools now, ON OVERTIME to keep the little monsters in line.

And all the poor guy wants is a damn park bench! EVERYONE call the Town of Tonawanda Parks Department tomorrow and tell them you want a park bench at Lincoln Park! I don’t think it’s too much to ask for!

And by the way, welcome to the boards Navin!

TY for the welcome.

I find this all very interesting. I guess I never paid that much attention. Dan a drunken sailor ? You've got to be kiddin me? I would have never thought that of him.

Taxes! Not bad. I've compared surrounding towns.

subsidize field trips, angers me.

School taxes! I don't think any teachers live in Tonawanda anymore, so that angers me also. They make top dollar, and take it to live in Wheatfield, Clarence, ect. Then they have the gall to complain about high gas prices to commute in there suv's. I'm very happy my kids no longer attend Ken-Ton.

Community police in Lincoln Park is a joke. They never leave the building. (remember they used to come out and talk with the people in the nieghborhood and drive around on there little police-mobile). Some now have female visitors come visit.... and stay for 3 hours...

It's not just park benches, the park is posted... Closed. But they hosted a big party last weekend, in the park! Why just let a chosen few use the park?

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1
    I have to speak up here... I live in Ken Ton and go to that park quite often... Never once have I been assaulted by a gang of hoodlums or harassed by someone "trashy." In fact I have had plenty of conversations with normal families whille our children play and people walk their dogs.

The duplexes are only a small part of the larger Lincoln Park area...

You guys are fear-mongering... Please stop because people start to believe it...

My friend from Williamsville believed it and was afraid to visit Ken Ton...

Until she finally did and saw how "Leave it to Beaveresque" the place actually was.

Life is what you make it.

The park is a relatively safe place. Maybe it's the occassional presence of the 5-0 and their lady-friend visitors, or the fact that the savage has an aversion to all things foreign. They are more at home "chillin" on steaming blacktop than trees and grass.
    They haven't spoiled the the park...yet. The neighboring basketball courts are a different story altogether.

The "hoodlums and trashy" people you refer to have taken up residence in the federally-sudsidized housing. The first-ring suburbs have become a mecca for these loathsome creatures.

Although the Pearce and Pearce duplexes represent a minor percentage of living units, their inhabitants are responsible for an abnormally high percentage of calls for police and social service intervention, arrests for drug possession, drug overdoses, random acts of violence, building code and quality-of-life issues.

The opinions expressed herein are neither fearmongering nor extremist; they are reality. As far as solutions go, I've seen some very good ideas floated on this thread- the best being to tear down the aging duplexes. However, that would take an influx of a whole lot of money and the town would never go for that. They'd rather spend $100,000 of federal funds to build a police satellite station that sits vacant 90% of the time.

All this fear mongering about neighborhoods leads to nothing but added strife and makes you lie awake at night going, "Gosh! My house isn't good enough! My neighborhood isn't good enough, etc."

I think the truly happy people are the ones who just live. In reality, Lincoln Park is not freakin' Compton. So we have some wackos in the duplexes, the rest of the neighborhood is full of computer programmers, teachers, lawyers, business men, nurses, etc.

And could the real reason the park is closed have something to do with all of the trees from the storm? Are they worried about the falling branches?
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

I think the truly happy people are the ones who just live. In reality, Lincoln Park is not freakin' Compton. So we have some wackos in the duplexes, the rest of the neighborhood is full of computer programmers, teachers, lawyers, business men, nurses, etc.
    ...and sadly those working class people are fleeing enmasse. They're worried about the crime, the disruptions in the classrooms, lowered property value and quality of life- all caused by the non-working, classless social service parasites.

Achbeck is more or less right on this one...it's fear/hate mongering by Chaney. *Most* people are actually pretty good. You want to know who to blame for the tipped hat / wanna-be-thug & gangsta BS? Try Madison avenue and MTV. If that crap wasn't being pushed by a bunch of greedy CEO's then life would be much different. I know this sounds a little Pollyanna-ish, but remember that some TV in the 70's and 80's had public service announcements...Woodsy Owl...stuff like that? GONE. Why? It was deemed a waste of taxpayer funds...sad isn't it how greed won?

Oh, BTW, I went camping near Chautauqua Gorge and there was a lot of trash there too. Some kids playing music loudly and broken glass everywhere, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie
    Achbeck is more or less right on this one...it's fear/hate mongering by Chaney. *Most* people are actually pretty good. You want to know who to blame for the tipped hat / wanna-be-thug & gangsta BS? Try Madison avenue and MTV. If that crap wasn't being pushed by a bunch of greedy CEO's then life would be much different. I know this sounds a little Pollyanna-ish, but remember that some TV in the 70's and 80's had public service announcements...Woodsy Owl...stuff like that? GONE. Why? It was deemed a waste of taxpayer funds...sad isn't it how greed won?

Oh, BTW, I went camping near Chautauqua Gorge and there was a lot of trash there too. Some kids playing music loudly and broken glass everywhere, etc etc.
    Agreed, most people are good, but it's that 3-5% that can really screw a neighborhood up. Think for a minute of how you'd feel and react if a low-life, trashy family moved in next door to you. Be honest. I'll bet that you and Archbek might welcome them and bake them a pie, but weeks later, when the loud rap-crap music started to blare at all hours and your concerns went unanswered, you'd be filled with frustration and perhaps even hatred. Remember, serenity now, insanity later.

My favorite PSA from the 70's was the teary-eyed American Indian standing roadside with a bag of garbage tossed at his feet from a passing car. Smokey the bear was cool too. Corny as they were, I'm sure that the they were well worth the couple thousand they took to produce.

I've been called a lot of things, but never a mongerer. I kind of like it though.

And could the real reason the park is closed have something to do with all of the trees from the storm? Are they worried about the falling branches?
    Yes. The park was one of the hardest hit. I read in The News that the workers were able to get things like the baseball diamonds in shape pretty quickly because there was no storm damage. Some road in there also got beat up pretty badly because of the trucks doing in and out while the parks people were trying to recover from the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaneysGotaGun
    Agreed, most people are good, but it's that 3-5% that can really screw a neighborhood up. Think for a minute of how you'd feel and react if a low-life, trashy family moved in next door to you. Be honest. I'll bet that you and Archbek might welcome them and bake them a pie, but weeks later, when the loud rap-crap music started to blare at all hours and your concerns went unanswered, you'd be filled with frustration and perhaps even hatred. Remember, serenity now, insanity later.

My favorite PSA from the 70's was the teary-eyed American Indian standing roadside with a bag of garbage tossed at his feet from a passing car. Smokey the bear was cool too. Corny as they were, I'm sure that the they were well worth the couple thousand they took to produce.

I've been called a lot of things, but never a mongerer. I kind of like it though.
    This kind of scenario is another thing that made me want to start my "City Vs Suburbs" thread...

I gotta give the "urbanists" this... They are okay with living in the vicinity of people who are of different colors, socioeconomic lifestyles or backgrounds than themselves... So maybe they get a little uppity at times about old buildings, but hey, at least those urbanists are tolerant!

Remember, people are fighting for houses on St. James Place and other streets in the Elmwood Village... But the reality is, the Elmwood Village and even the Delaware Districts are all less than a mile... heck in some cases even a quarter or a mile, away from "crack neighborhoods"... yet people still wanna live there.

I knew a Criminal Justice guy at one of my old jobs and he told me, "If you are within walking distance of drugs your neighborhood is in danger of crime."
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

So, where is Lincoln Park?

And why is it still closed?

Tn of Tonawanda, Parker Avenue, rising, and is it closed?
    I go by it a lot and how is it closed? Pool is open, entrance is open...what don't I see?

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    Tn of Tonawanda, Parker Avenue, rising, and is it closed?
    I go by it a lot and how is it closed? Pool is open, entrance is open...what don't I see?
    The sign says it's closed.

The sign says it's closed.
    But is any of it still closed?

People are still wandering through the park but the sign says

"Park Closed Until Further Notice."

...Still no gun weilding, crack smoking, Social Service parasite gangs attacking people with bloody whips...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information