Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Callahan, Meegan, Walsh, and Pigeon

I'll bet the Lil Rascals are all huddled up right now getting their talking points sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post

RealityCheck,
    Kind of hard to pin this on Clarke or Meegan now, isn't it? I'm sure you'll try, but you'll fail.
    What about the real story here? Sheila Meegan is trying to have her husband appointed to a position that he isn't qualified for nor has seniority to receive. Was Lorigo at the meeting Monday night? This whole thing feels like a setup in Sheila's run for supervisor . . .

I'll bet the Lil Rascals are all huddled up right now getting their talking points sorted out.
    What is your obsession with picking on people for being short? Do you honestly think there is something that they can control about it? Give it a rest...you sound like a child.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    What about the real story here?
    Ah yes, the "real story", because your poor attempt to defend the lorigos failed miserably.
    Sheila Meegan is trying to have her husband appointed to a position that he isn't qualified for nor has seniority to receive.
    I have a hard time taking your word for it seeing as though she abstained from the vote and declined the quid pro quo. Are you simply ignoring those facts, or are have you some how completely missed them? Also, I asked earlier but you must not have seen it...What are the qualifications? Who is senior to Mike, and did they "Apply" (if that's even how that works) for the job?
    Was Lorigo at the meeting Monday night? This whole thing feels like a setup in Sheila's run for supervisor . . .
    Why would it matter if Lorigo was at the meeting? Wally admitted he would have voted for Mike had Shelia voted for little joey. She declined (which flies in the face of your assertion that she's trying to have her husband appointed).
    And yes, it's all a set up orchestrated by Shelia. She jedi mind tricked Wally in to admitting he would vote for Mike if she voted for Lorigo Jr. in an interview with the Buffalo News.
    Do you read what you actually write, or do you just stick to the script and don't ask any questions?

What is your obsession with picking on people for being short? Do you honestly think there is something that they can control about it? Give it a rest...you sound like a child.
    Let me be the master of the obvious...They are very little people with a napoleon complexes. It amuses me to no end.
    I see you failed to address my post pointing out your familiar use of "walsh meegan". Seeing as though she doesn't go by that name, and never has, it makes you appear childish, and surely you don't want to be hypocritical, right?

So, I can understand your not wanting to talk about the facts and instead make claims that fly in the face of reality. If you're here to defend the lorigos, you're doing a poor job.

If Mike isn't qualified, and hiring practices were circumvented, and there are more qualified people that want the job, then Meegan shouldn't get it. Nobody wants to see deserving candidates get passed over due to political connections. If that's what is being done here it should be exposed, but Wally and the other facts kind of blew that out of the water. Keep trying if you must, but come armed with something more than what you've brought so far. I'm sure you'll get an updated talking points memo soon.

What, exactly, did the Lorigos do wrong here? Joe Lorigo ran for town judge and lost by 100 votes. He then applied for the opening in the Town Prosecutor position. I see nothing wrong with that.

Here's what I gather about the rest: Sheila wants her husband appointed to a higher-paying position. Wally wants to make Lorigo prosecutor based on his qualifications and his close race for town judge. Sheila says no. Then, Wally says no to Sheila. Wally then admits what he wanted. Sheila grandstands about the whole thing in order to make herself look better.

You also point out that Sheila abstained from the vote.
    Two things:
    1. She HAD to abstain based on the ethics rules previously adopted by the Town Board. If she didn't abstain, it would have been a violation of the ethics.

2. Show me one instance since there's been a three-member board where Dale Clarke did not vote the exact same way as Sheila Meegan. Everyone knows he's just a puppet.

What, exactly, did the Lorigos do wrong here? Joe Lorigo ran for town judge and lost by 100 votes. He then applied for the opening in the Town Prosecutor position. I see nothing wrong with that.

Here's what I gather about the rest: Sheila wants her husband appointed to a higher-paying position. Wally wants to make Lorigo prosecutor based on his qualifications and his close race for town judge. Sheila says no. Then, Wally says no to Sheila. Wally then admits what he wanted. Sheila grandstands about the whole thing in order to make herself look better.

Two things:
    1. She HAD to abstain based on the ethics rules previously adopted by the Town Board. If she didn't abstain, it would have been a violation of the ethics.

2. Show me one instance since there's been a three-member board where Dale Clarke did not vote the exact same way as Sheila Meegan. Everyone knows he's just a puppet.
    We'll forget for a moment that you failed to answer or address the majority of my post (who is more senior, did those people apply, what are the qualifications, does meegan have them, your use of walsh meegan, the point of asking if lorigo was at the meeting, etc etc etc)...On top of that, you're making statements about qualifications and seniority, yet don't seem to be able to answer any questions about them. You may want to ask the person that's feeding you that transparent garbage some questions so he/she can get you some answers.
    Why not just admit you're only interested in defending the lorigos while attacking clarke and meegan? It's more than obvious at this point. You've avoided any questions or facts that blow your position out of the water. You made allegations that todays article showed to be false.

We'll forget for a moment that you failed to answer or address the majority of my post (who is more senior, did those people apply, what are the qualifications, does meegan have them, your use of walsh meegan, the point of asking if lorigo was at the meeting, etc etc etc)...On top of that, you're making statements about qualifications and seniority, yet don't seem to be able to answer any questions about them. You may want to ask the person that's feeding you that transparent garbage some questions so he/she can get you some answers.
    Why not just admit you're only interested in defending the lorigos while attacking clarke and meegan? It's more than obvious at this point. You've avoided any questions or facts that blow your position out of the water. You made allegations that todays article showed to be false.
    To be fair, you neglected to respond to my post as well. But I'll do my best to address your questions outlined above.

According to the article, the position is currently being held by a person in the department with more seniority. I don't know the person's name.

I have no idea who applied for the position. I also don't know whether it is a position for which one would need to apply. From what I hear from other B&G people, Mike Meegan has a reputation for being lazy.

Yes, I used "Walsh Meegan," because that's who she is. Funny enough, this is the "Callahan, Meegan, Walsh, and Pigeon" thread. I thought it appropriate to point that out. People should know that she's cut from the same cloth as Chris Walsh...a notoriously dirty politician who has had his run-ins with numerous people in town.

I asked if Lorigo was at the meeting because you would think if he thought there was any possibility of receiving the appointment, he would want to be there. Ralph Lorigo has attended numerous meetings (some as an attorney representing clients and others as an observer). Joe Lorigo has also been present at a few meetings. It's my understanding that neither were present Monday.

The backstory is clear: Sheila is gearing up for her run for Supervisor. God help us all if she is successful.

Oh another thing, why don't you disclose your bias to Sheila Meegan...isn't it true you're related?

Sorry, I hit the submit button without actually addressing your post:

What, exactly, did the Lorigos do wrong here?
    They're guilty of exactly what you're pretending to be irate at Meegan for doing. They're using Wally to get their kid a job. I notice you haven't attacked Wally for actions he's admitted, and doesn't apologize for, in the Buffalo News.
    At this point you have to be aware that your fake outrage has been exposed.

Joe Lorigo ran for town judge and lost by 100 votes. He then applied for the opening in the Town Prosecutor position. I see nothing wrong with that.
    Other than the fact it's already being handled by somebody else. And what does running for judge have to do with anything (other than further highlight how badly the lorigos want little joey to get a town job...)?
    Here's what I gather about the rest: Sheila wants her husband appointed to a higher-paying position.
    How much higher? I mean, if you're going around painting this picture you may as well have some facts, details, or background information, right? If the position pays $1/hour more that would kind of make your postion even weaker than it already is. You're already pretending to know about qualifications, seniority, the process, etc
    You'd think that if this really mattered to you the very least you'd have done is look in to this a little.

Wally wants to make Lorigo prosecutor based on his qualifications and his close race for town judge.
    Where in the hell do you get that from? What qualifications? name them. And what does losing a political race have to do with being a town prosecutor? Are you actually reading what you're writing? He wants Little Joey to be the prosecutor as a favor to Ralph. it's plain as day. You some how manage to ignore that while making up a grand conspiracy about how Shelia orchestrated this whole thing to get her bubby a job and make wally look bad because she may run for supervisor...I mean honestly, I'm really starting to wonder if you're plain old crazy or just a mindless dupe for some WS politico.
    Sheila says no.
    And your problem with that is what, exactly? If you want Joey to have the job say why he's more qualified than the guy that is currently doing it.
    Then, Wally says no to Sheila.
    Which is his right.
    Wally then admits what he wanted.
    Right. Remember yesterday when you and Mrs lorigo were pretending that it was Clarke and Meegan that drug the lorigos in to this? And then Wally comes along and makes the two of you look like stooges. But hey, instead of actually admitting that or addressing it you pretend that isn't the "real story"...
    Sheila grandstands about the whole thing in order to make herself look better.
    I'll have to ask for proof of the grandstanding. It appears as though Clarke was the one to make an issue of this by bringing it up at the meeting. I'm assuming the news contacted both her and Wally. Do you know differently or is this more of you making shoit up?
    Two things:
    The Town Board she was a member of? And did she vote on that rule, and if so, how did she vote? I'm asking because I don't know.
    I love the local politics. At first, Shelia was Wally's pupper and Clarke was Boves. Shelia and Clarke/Bove were supposedly adversaries. No all of a sudden Clarke is Shelia's minion...What you say may be true, I honestly wouldn't know. I rarely if ever attend the meetings. I just enjoy watching the hacks come on Speak Up and whine about things that are clearly non-issues supplied to them by some fool.

I'm not going to continue a dialogue with someone referring to another adult as "Little Joey." You are an ignorant ass.

However I will point out that you didn't admit your relation to Sheila Meegan.

One final note: It may be true that I defend the Lorigos, but you do nothing but belittle them. It's because you're so unhappy with the recently built Marano subdivision, Princeton Estates. I do not know the Lorigos, but as I've said before, I met Joe when he was campaigning. That is the extent of my relationship.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; February 9th, 2011 at 12:12 PM.

To be fair, you neglected to respond to my post as well. But I'll do my best to address your questions outlined above.
    Accidental. If you'd point out what it was I'll address it.
    According to the article, the position is currently being held by a person in the department with more seniority. I don't know the person's name.

I have no idea who applied for the position. I also don't know whether it is a position for which one would need to apply. From what I hear from other B&G people, Mike Meegan has a reputation for being lazy.
    If that's the case then it should be addressed regardless of promotion. I'd take the charge with a grain of salt seeing as though everyone in B&G is most likely a political hire to begin with and they all know who pays the bills..
    Yes, I used "Walsh Meegan," because that's who she is.
    That's not who she is. She doesn't use that name, never has, but the lorigos are short, and always will be.
    Funny enough, this is the "Callahan, Meegan, Walsh, and Pigeon" thread. I thought it appropriate to point that out.
    Interestingly enough, I have no idea what this thread originally started out as, I'll have to look after I submit reply.
    People should know that she's cut from the same cloth as Chris Walsh...a notoriously dirty politician who has had his run-ins with numerous people in town.
    Again, this is the type of stuff peopl post and yet can't quite articulate or defend. just like the seniority, qualifications, application process, etc You're relying on the word of others (who may very well be correct, I wouldn't know because i was a kid back when he was in office. When I've met him he's been nothing but extremely nice, but then again, it would be strange if he wasn't)
    I asked if Lorigo was at the meeting because you would think if he thought there was any possibility of receiving the appointment, he would want to be there. Ralph Lorigo has attended numerous meetings (some as an attorney representing clients and others as an observer). Joe Lorigo has also been present at a few meetings. It's my understanding that neither were present Monday.

The backstory is clear: Sheila is gearing up for her run for Supervisor. God help us all if she is successful.
    Clearly you know her better than I do because I haven't heard a word about it. I also have no idea why the imaginary fairy in the sky would need to help us if she does run. Aside from these petty political accusations and squabbles from what I've read and heard she puts a lot of time and effort in to her job as councilwoman. who knows how she'd do as a Supervisor.
    Oh another thing, why don't you disclose your bias to Sheila Meegan...isn't it true you're related?

It is true that I'm related, but it's clearly not an issue in any discussion I've ever had in any thread. If you see anything other than facts being presented by me, or if you see something that looks like a defense of the indefensible you'd surely have pointed it out by now, as would anyone else that's ever brought that up prior. I clearly stated that if things are shadey, or if he isn't qualified, etc that he shouldn't get the job (a job I had no idea he was even looking for until this thread).
    I can promise you that you and the others here repeating BS have talked to and seen Shelia and Michael more in the last month, year, 10 years, etc than I have. I see them on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, maybe the WS Community Days beer tent/QofH beer tent, and maybe 3 or 4 times a year while grocery shopping, a funeral a couple weeks back, etc
    I never talk politics with either of them (I'm a conservative, they're what I'd consider lib dems). If you see me saying something, they're my words and thoughts, and I challenge anyone to show differently.

If they do wrong, then they did wrong. They're adults, and I'm not here to defend either one of them unless what I am seeing written about them is the garbage I've seen so far in this thread.

I'm not going to continue a dialogue with someone referring to another adult as "Little Joey." You are an ignorant ass.
    Ok, "Walsh-Meegan"...
    However I will point out that you didn't admit your relation to Sheila Meegan.
    How fast do you want me to type? besides, you're not the first person to bring it up, or is this the first time it's been openly discussed on the board, copernicus.

One final note: It may be true that I defend the Lorigos, but you do nothing but belittle them. It's because you're so unhappy with the recently built Marano subdivision, Princeton Estates. I do not know the Lorigos, but as I've said before, I met Joe when he was campaigning. That is the extent of my relationship.
    As I've said before, and as you'e clearly aware, the sub-division is what made me pay attention to local politics. Getting any answers from the town showed me how corrupt the game was. Then when you realize the same names keep popping up you start to connect the dots.

Don't be angry that I've twisted you in knots, pointed out that you don't know anything about any of the statements you've made, and that you're simply a talking point repeater. You simply aren't very good at pretending to have an issue.
    Last edited by FisherRd; February 9th, 2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Probably shouldn't have called you a retard...

How convenient. You don't want to continue defending Lorigo (and Wally by default) after having been kicked in the ass by the post at 10:58am.

I guess you've finally come to realize what anyone else reading this thread already knows...You're not equipped for this discussion. You don't know any details on anything, and you're just bitching to bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanFan View Post
    The supervisor did not vote for the title change for Meegan because he is not the one who should be getting this PROMOTION AND INCREASE IN PAY! There are others who have more seniority and better qualified for the position.

This is Clarke and Meegan's way of taking from the town, and whenever they don't get their way they throw the Lorigo name out there.
    Man o man, too bad for you these posts don't disappear after a certain amount of time.
    a) The supervisor himself says he didn't vote for meegan because shelia wouldn't vote for your child. Those are his words, I think...well, at least he spoke them (your husbands can be heard later in that interview).
    b)The supervisor was willing to vote for Mike, who you claim isn't qualified, if he would have gotten what he wanted. What does that say about the integrity of the supervisor?
    c)Did Clarke and Meegan throw your husbands name out there, or did Wally? Oh, that's got to hurt. Ouch!

Man o man, too bad for you these posts don't disappear after a certain amount of time.
    a) The supervisor himself says he didn't vote for meegan because shelia wouldn't vote for your child. Those are his words, I think...well, at least he spoke them (your husbands can be heard later in that interview).
    b)The supervisor was willing to vote for Mike, who you claim isn't qualified, if he would have gotten what he wanted. What does that say about the integrity of the supervisor?
    c)Did Clarke and Meegan throw your husbands name out there, or did Wally? Oh, that's got to hurt. Ouch!
    1. The name calling is childish
    2. Picking up someone for their height is childish as well
    3. The education level between Meegan/Clarke vs Lorigo/WP is too large
    4. If Meegan was qualified for the promotion, he should get it but the article said a more senior person is in the position currently and he should get it.
    5. At least WP was honest about the whole deal, right or wrong
    6. If Lorigo was in the background, it's no different than lunch meetings the other half does on Fridays, allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture View Post
    1. The name calling is childish
    2. Picking up someone for their height is childish as well
    3. The education level between Meegan/Clarke vs Lorigo/WP is too large
    4. If Meegan was qualified for the promotion, he should get it but the article said a more senior person is in the position currently and he should get it.
    5. At least WP was honest about the whole deal, right or wrong
    6. If Lorigo was in the background, it's no different than lunch meetings the other half does on Fridays, allegedly
    1. I couldn't care less. But your one sided concern is noted. I'm sure you'll get around to admonishing those mature adults calling her Walsh Meegan in due time...
    2. Again, don't care. They are short. If you don't like it, tough ****, your whining is not my concern
    3. Which has zero to do with the fact I'm exposing the transparent BS being brought forth in the thread. If you hadn't noticed, the education gap you seem to bring up out of the blue didn't get them what they wanted, did it? I guess you told me...Got any more gems like that?
    4. Does that person need to apply? Does that person want the job? Is that person qualified? If he/she is currently in it, how did somebody else get put up for it? How did that person get the job? Who are they related to? These are all questions I don't have answers to, but then again, neither do any of you guys whining about the situation, or if you do have answers you're apparently afraid to answer for some strange reason...If you did, you would have answered by now. I don't even think you guys know what you're upset about. Apparently you haven't been told yet.
    5. You've got to be kidding me. I can't even say "Nice try"
    6. Actually, it's quite different. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the fools that you're siding up with seemed to think Meegan and Clarke brought the Lorigos in to this (just an fyi, there are other posts here, and you can read them! Imagine that!), when it was clearly Wally and Ralph that brought the Lorigos in to this. Then, Wally made them look foolish (again) by admitting that he would have filled a position (that is already filled by a senior person per the article) with somebody he thought was unqualified. All Shelia had to do was vote for Lorigo Jr (why aren't we discussing his qualifications, BTW?) and wally would have given mike the job.

Perhaps one of you could state your gripe and defend it? Apparently the faux gripe is Shelia is trying to get her hubby a promotion. If that's the case, shouldn't you people be angry at Wally and Ralphie for trying to help her with that goal? Aren't you guys upset that Wally and Ralph were not only aware of the scenario that you've created in your heads, but they tried their damndest to make it happen?
    You guys have to be scratching your heads about now. I don't think any of you have the slightest idea what it is you're supposed to be mad about. Once you figure it out, come back here and tell me. Until then, I'll continue to point out your arguments don't make much sense.
    Last edited by FisherRd; February 10th, 2011 at 09:40 AM.

Thumbs up

I just happened on this thread, as I don't live in WS. But, I do enjoy a good thrashing nevertheless by some posters above. Which seems to have happened here as evidence by the silence.

Carry on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information