Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Callahan, Meegan, Walsh, and Pigeon

So how's that town board downsizing working out now?

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Although I was not present at last night's meeting I heard that our Supervisor was willing to vote for Mike Meegan's promotion in exchange for appointing Joe Lorigo as town prosecutor and since he couldn't get that quid pro quo arrangement the Supervisor voted against the promotion.

If you weren't present at the meeting, then what is your source?

You again clearly show your alignment with Dale Clarke and Sheila Walsh Meegan, as well as your personal axe to grind against the Lorigo family.

The bottom line is that Mike Meegan isn't qualified for the job and there are other workers with more seniority and better qualifications.

Oh no, Mrs Lorigo is upset that her son hasn't gotten what she wants for him. I wonder whose place of employment she'll show up at next and make a scene? Does your son know you're fighting his battles for him? He's a lawyer, right? I'd assume he can fight his own battles. Time to cut the apron strings and let the little tyke make it on his own.

What are the responsibilities of the new job? Is the job description posted someplace?

He's worked there for as long as I can recall, so I can't imagine there are many more people with a higher seniority (and being a union job, I assume hirings are done by seniority, but to be completely honest I 'm simply guessing). How can we find out a)what the qualifications are and b) the seniority

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    If you weren't present at the meeting, then what is your source?

You again clearly show your alignment with Dale Clarke and Sheila Walsh Meegan, as well as your personal axe to grind against the Lorigo family.

The bottom line is that Mike Meegan isn't qualified for the job and there are other workers with more seniority and better qualifications.
    My source is someone who did attend the meeting and heard Mr. Clarke state the above for the record.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

My source is someone who did attend the meeting and heard Mr. Clarke state the above for the record.
    And Dale Clarke is another unbiased observer when it comes to the Lorigos.

Politics in this town is such a sham. It really makes me sad.

And Dale Clarke is another unbiased observer when it comes to the Lorigos.

Politics in this town is such a sham. It really makes me sad.
    Just as anyone related to, affiliated with, employed by, or secured their employment through, the Lorigos are unbiased.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

What's in this for you, Dan Warren? Why do you have such an axe to grind?

Were you promised something from Sheila and Dale, or are you simply envious of another person's success in the legal field?

My interests are simply as a taxpayer and voter. I am not seeking employment with the town. No member of my family, immediate or expanded, is employed by, or is seeking to be employed by, the town.

I have never been promised anything for my support for, or against, any person running or seeking office. I have never offered my support for, or against, any person in exchange for anything.

I do not have any present intention to run for any office. I did consider running at one point but decided I would not be as effective as I am in my current capacity as an outspoken voter and taxpayer.

What's in this for you, Dan Warren? Why do you have such an axe to grind?

Were you promised something from Sheila and Dale, or are you simply envious of another person's success in the legal field?
    Somebody calling her "Walsh Meegan" clearly took their marching orders from somebody.
    What's in it for you? Are you relying on the little fella for $$, or are you one of the lazzarabots?

Linda Boldt?

My interests are simply as a taxpayer and voter. I am not seeking employment with the town. No member of my family, immediate or expanded, is employed by, or is seeking to be employed by, the town.

I have never been promised anything for my support for, or against, any person running or seeking office. I have never offered my support for, or against, any person in exchange for anything.

I do not have any present intention to run for any office. I did consider running at one point but decided I would not be as effective as I am in my current capacity as an outspoken voter and taxpayer.
    Did Linda Boldt get hired, again?

Personally, I think dtwarren is jealous of the Lorigo's because two of them are lawyers and dtwarren is still working on his, correct? How is that coming along?

Backdoor deals or whatever is irrelevant, if Meegan is next in line for the promotion, his name has little to do with it. The question remains is he next in line for the position?

Correct me if I am wrong but a new position means higher pay?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture View Post
    Personally, I think dtwarren is jealous of the Lorigo's because two of them are lawyers and dtwarren is still working on his, correct? How is that coming along?

Backdoor deals or whatever is irrelevant, if Meegan is next in line for the promotion, his name has little to do with it. The question remains is he next in line for the position?

How can you say that? The backroom deals are usually what bones the non-government laborer/business owner..

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture View Post

I am not jealous of the Lorigos, some may want to think that in order to rationalize the fact that there are substantive arguments against their positions in order to sooth their egos.

The question is not whether he is next in line but out of those contending for the position is he the best selection. I do not know whether or not he is, but to date all the discussion has been arround his last name and who he is connected to rather than his qualification or lack thereof.

It is not a "new" position it would be a promotion which typically does entail for some increase in remuneration along with increased responsibilities.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...icle335995.ece

"These kinds of deals are made every day, in every town, every year," Piotrowski said. "The deals are always made ... Is it right that it's made? Yeah, I don't see any [problem]. It's not illegal. I want something, and I'm asking for it."

RealityCheck,
    Kind of hard to pin this on Clarke or Meegan now, isn't it? I'm sure you'll try, but you'll fail.

Mrs Lorigo,
    It looks like your attempt at playing the victim and pretending your family was drug in to this by Meegan or Clarke failed miserably. Piotrowski screwed you. Imagine that...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information