Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FJB for council

FJB for council

a colleague told me that a member of his family was approached by Ford looking for a signature on an indpendent petition nominating Ford as a candidate for Town Board.

anyone hear similar reports?

any thoughts on how this may affedt the race?

Quote Originally Posted by bwilson
    a colleague told me that a member of his family was approached by Ford looking for a signature on an indpendent petition nominating Ford as a candidate for Town Board.

anyone hear similar reports?

any thoughts on how this may affedt the race?
    I have heard no such reports because I was under the impression that Ford Beckwith was irrelevant as of the date of Judge Marshall's decision. Why resurrect him?
    “When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong." - Eugene V. Debs giving an accurate rendering Hamburg Supervisor Steven J. Walter's victorious win over the Boss of Hamburg.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueEagle
    I have heard no such reports because I was under the impression that Ford Beckwith was irrelevant as of the date of Judge Marshall's decision. Why resurrect him?

how does marshall's decision affect his ability to run for office. I'm not resurrecting him..just wanted to discuss his candidacy. I just believe that the minor parties are in play and will seriously affect this election.

Talking

I know he was in Woodlawn last week getting signatures on a pettion what for i don't know the man is a idot anyway..

Ford is running for the Hamburg Town Board

Ford is running for the Hamburg Town Board with one of the Obads (Justin?). He is also running as a judicial nominating delegate. He will be in a primary against Dick and Vince. I heard he stated the Republicans wanted him to pass petitions for an opportunity to ballot on the IP but he refused. He will be hammered in the primary, a repeat of the schoolboard race.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter1251
    I know he was in Woodlawn last week getting signatures on a pettion what for i don't know the man is a idot anyway..
    You really have issues with Mr. Beckwith, I understand that. But criticize the man all you want - he is still out there collecting petitions while you are still sitting here writing into cyberspace.

Quote Originally Posted by ECL
    Ford is running for the Hamburg Town Board with one of the Obads (Justin?). He is also running as a judicial nominating delegate. He will be in a primary against Dick and Vince. I heard he stated the Republicans wanted him to pass petitions for an opportunity to ballot on the IP but he refused. He will be hammered in the primary, a repeat of the schoolboard race.
    Don't you see what Ford is doing? He knows he won't win the Town Board race, he's sticking it to Dick and Vince. You have to see that.
    “When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong." - Eugene V. Debs giving an accurate rendering Hamburg Supervisor Steven J. Walter's victorious win over the Boss of Hamburg.

Talking

Well Mr.Beckwith is a loser,idot or whatever.If he runs for office he is a loser in that too.Blue Eagle seems to stick up for him unreal.You go to his site and he has Smardz,and Best pictures and bio up...Well the way I see it Ford has them up I won't vote for them anyone with any mind will not vote for them two under the BECKWITH,BEST,SMARDZ TICKETway waste your vote.....

Answer On Point Scooter

Scooter, kindly dislose the office you were elected to in the past election. Failure to reply to this post on point will result in your immediate discreditation.

Talking

Why do you care we are not talking about me I;am just a newbie at what I do learning you know..so stick with what is typed in this post I don't ask what you do or anything like that........

Quote Originally Posted by scooter1251
    Why do you care we are not talking about me I;am just a newbie at what I do learning you know..so stick with what is typed in this post I don't ask what you do or anything like that........
    Your prior comments about posters to this board posting statements and doing little else to get involved, that they should do something and run for elective office like you. This makes the position you now hold relevant to this complete discussion as you are holding yourself out to be above everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueEagle
    Scooter, kindly dislose the office you were elected to in the past election. Failure to reply to this post on point will result in your immediate discreditation.
    You mean that you are actually giving scooter1251 any credibility at all? After all of his myopic posts?

Quote Originally Posted by My2cents
    Your prior comments about posters to this board posting statements and doing little else to get involved, that they should do something and run for elective office like you. This makes the position you now hold relevant to this complete discussion as you are holding yourself out to be above everyone else.
    I agree - you started it now either put up or shut up

answer the question please?

tell all or your just another bs machine. we do not need more. what is the position?

He has been discredited.

Discredited

Newbie my foot. There isn't one newcomer in Western New York who stops by the polling place and "picks up a seat". Whomever gets elected to office around here - any office mind you - has done so after a cold, calculated attempt, period. This principle applies to school board races with the Hamburg Central School board race a case in point. Diane Reynolds, wife of Erie County Legislator Bob Reynolds, was handpicked by her husband to carry his seat on the board. Legislator Reynolds pushed union members of the Woodlawn Ford Stamping plant who reside within the aforementioned school district to vote for his wife. The several people in political debt to Legislator Reynolds who also reside within the Hamburg Central School District telephoned me prior to the race to receiving numerous telephone calls from the Legislator pushing them to the polling place to vote for his wife. One may argue that there is nothing ethically wrong in the Legislator's successful attempt at moving his wife into a seat on the school board; I am inclined to agree. Notwithstanding, this scenario demonstrates the need for connections, timing, and muscle to hold an elected office in Erie County.
    Now, Scooter, after this, I ask you to refrain from insulting the intelligence of each and every member of Speak Up Western New York and disclose the title of the office you now hold. Otherwise, stop wasting up useful megabytes of memory in cyberspace that should be devoted to more worthy information that your vitriol attacks upon one Kevin Smardz.
    Scooter, his/her opinions and effects have been discredited by their omission to be forthcoming with claimed information. Scooter can redeem him/herself only by disclosing and verifying claimed information. Thank you.
    Last edited by TheBlueEagle; July 11th, 2007 at 09:24 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information