Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who should be the next Mayor of Lackawanna?

Who should be the next Mayor of Lackawanna?

Please give us some details on why!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    that Haxton lady...

Who should be mayor? Sponge Bob? One of the seven dwarfs? Mickey Mouse? Throw some names of the candidates you believe should be running and we can take it from there. Give us three choices to work from.

Personally, I think the title of the thread should have been:

Why would anyone WANT to run for Mayor of Lackawanna? But I see where Lackawanna#1 is going with his/her question.

If I really thought about it.............nope, still can't think of someone!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    that Haxton lady...
    Good choice since these guys took her out to begin with. Sometimes the truth hurts. How about that Ingram guy he got the buses rolling again somewhat. Thought it was nice that city officails couldn't help out citizens on this issue.
    Last edited by mnb811; December 14th, 2010 at 12:18 PM.

How about someone non-affiliated with anyone? There have been some people saying they would run but the Haxton political hit job is scaring good people off.

I guess Lackawanna 1 doesn't have anyone in mind except the usual.

Since no one is responding maybe we should retitle this thread "Who shouldn't be the next Mayor of Lackawanna."

All I know is that Chuck Jaworski wants it. That's scary.
    Fully stimulated...

Chuck has wanted that for years. I can't wait to see how this plays out with the democrats. So far I have heard Jaworski, Szymanski, DePasquale, Kulczyk and now Makeyenko. If these choices are true it will certainly cause some chaos amongst them. Either way, I wouldn't vote for any of them. All the same basic makeup. I might think about DePasquale but I doubt he would run if Szymanski is. That would probably make family dinners a little touchy!

Wait, I almost forgot! Another name floating out there is Ron Miller!
    Last edited by cath829; December 15th, 2010 at 01:25 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So what is wrong with the Haxton woman?

She's good hearted and I think would put the community before her own best interest as past Lackawanna "officials" have.

There isn't anything wrong with Andrea. You are right, she is good hearted. Running would be totally up to her but don't look for the Democratic Party to endorse her- they are the very same that abused her. Andrea is also Democrat. Andrea would definately have my vote over all the other political hags that I already mentioned

Post Many Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    that Haxton lady...
    I appreciate your affirmation of my qualifications for Mayor, but, I have decided to run for Lackawanna City Council President in 2011 for 2012.
    I have many, many reasons why I chose to put myself through the gauntlet again, which I will soon be discussing, but the main reason is----they control the City Budget. The reckless-drunken sailor spending on their "family and friends plan" MUST stop! Lackawanna "lacks" what other communities take for granted because their poli-tricks is more important to them than taking care of the people and repairing the leaks in the dam!

And before my haters start their digging and mud-slinging campaign in order to further discredit me, I have some financial problems from my forced to close down small business to clean up. There, I have disclosed the only thing you can sling.

Post Honored!

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    There isn't anything wrong with Andrea. You are right, she is good hearted. Running would be totally up to her but don't look for the Democratic Party to endorse her- they are the very same that abused her. Andrea is also Democrat. Andrea would definately have my vote over all the other political hags that I already mentioned
    Hags is a great word for them, and so is prostitute!

Thanks Catherine---you, if anyone, knows what they have done, to both of us! They lied to our face, how sad for them that they choose corruption over integrity.

I have great faith, it is time, something has to break for OUR beaten down City, OUR babies deserve it.

The money has poured in and what do we have to show for it? Potholes and street lights that are out--sad!
    I forgot the 1940 playgrounds......BTW, I wonder where the large old sturdy, steel slide that was at Weber playground?
    Still sitting at the DPW, scraped, or........
    Last edited by andreahaxton; December 15th, 2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Wording

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't think there really is qualifications for a lot of these elected positions. If there were quite a few wouldn't be elected. It's a popularity contest for the most part.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information