Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should be the next Housing Court Judge?

Who should be the next Housing Court Judge?

After spending the past 8 years dealing with housing issues in our city..Only one name comes to mind when I think of someone who is experienced in all aspects of housing.. besides of our beloved Judge Nowak who has been elected to State Supreme Court.
    I will be posting the person I feel could be effective,diligent,fair and tough when needed this afternoon.
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michele J View Post
    After spending the past 8 years dealing with housing issues in our city..Only one name comes to mind when I think of someone who is experienced in all aspects of housing.. besides of our beloved Judge Nowak who has been elected to State Supreme Court.
    I will be posting the person I feel could be effective,diligent,fair and tough when needed this afternoon.
    It will be difficult replacing Nowak.

What qualifications are required to be a Housing Court judge? I have someone in mind, but I don't know if this person is qualified.

Linda,
    5 yrs as an Atty and must be a COB resident.
    The person I have in mind is tough but fair..and has the following experience..

Is a former Board member of Sister Karen Klimczak's Hope House
    Is a former Board member of Gloria J Parks Community Center
    Is a former Member of the University Heights housing committee.
    Has 27 years experience as an attorney, 20 of which she specialized in housing and real estate.
    Has a Masters Degree in Social Work.
    www.buffalobroad.com

Unregistered

Will Byron Brown appoint her?

I agree with your choice for Housing Court Judge.

But would the Mayor appoint her?

Yes he would.
    I am appealing to ALL city of Buffalo residents..We need someone who is going to be tough but fair,knows this city inside and out and is very progressive..Although her appointment means I personally couldnt assist in housing court as I have in the past it is FAR more important that we unite and our voices are heard..We have probably 15-20k vacant properties in the city and we need someone who will be an effective Agent of change!
    She has also;
    done ad-hoc work for Buffalo ReUse, Buffalo Central Terminal, and the Old First Ward Community Center.
    Has strong family ties to the East Side and was an 8 year resident of the Bailey and Delavan area.
    Was an adjunct Professor at Buffalo State.
    www.buffalobroad.com

Yes he would.
    I am appealing to ALL city of Buffalo residents..We need someone who is going to be tough but fair,knows this city inside and out and is very progressive..Although her appointment means I personally couldnt assist in housing court as I have in the past it is FAR more important that we unite and our voices are heard..We have probably 15-20k vacant properties in the city and we need someone who will be an effective Agent of change!
    She has also;
    done ad-hoc work for Buffalo ReUse, Buffalo Central Terminal, and the Old First Ward Community Center.
    Has strong family ties to the East Side and was an 8 year resident of the Bailey and Delavan area.
    Was an adjunct Professor at Buffalo State.
    .....& the name is? (i don't see a name anywhere?) My iPhone has it's limitations, Michele the suspense is killing me, who, it's already the afternoon??
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Unregistered

29,154 vacancies

Michele:

Do end the suspense & name your candidate for Housing Court.

There needs to to be vigorous public dialogue about this critically important city position, whch historically had been a low status post. Nowak recreated it in into the high profile post it needs to be in a city struggling with abandonment, slum & blight

There has been little recent discussion of Bflo vacant housing & I had assumed with the flurry of demos that there had been a reduction from the 22,854 Census vacancy total in 2000.

Could this alarming 29,154 vacancy estimate for 2006-2008 by the US Census be in the ballpark?

COPY: http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet...rd=&_industry=

Buffalo city, New York
    city/ town, county, or zip

2006-2008

Housing Characteristics (Estimates)

Total housing units 140,199

Occupied housing units 111,045

Owner-occupied housing units 47,685

Renter-occupied housing units 63,360

Vacant housing units 29,154

Owner-occupied homes 47,685

Median value (dollars) 63,000

???? Who ???? It's probably going to be a City Hall attorney, I forget the top two Corporation Counselors??
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    ???? Who ???? It's probably going to be a City Hall attorney, I forget the top two Corporation Counselors??

Unless they were UNBELIEVABLY amazing I wouldnt support anyone who is currently in the political arena.
    IMHO I think it best to hire someone who isnt connected and isnt indebted to anyone.I realize that is a long shot in Buffalo!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Unless they were UNBELIEVABLY amazing I wouldnt support anyone who is currently in the political arena.
    IMHO I think it best to hire someone who isnt connected and isnt indebted to anyone.I realize that is a long shot in Buffalo!
    Michele, you're still teasing us with this person you think would be best? It's past the afternoon, please tell us....

Unregistered

The name please???

Michele:

Please end the suspense for those who do not know your candidate for Housing Court.

I'll provide the first name . . . DIANE

Now, please, you reveal the last name!?

Quote Originally Posted by kernwatch View Post
    michele:

Please end the suspense for those who do not know your candidate for housing court.

I'll provide the first name . . . diane

now, please, you reveal the last name!?
    .....Devlin ????

Owner-occupied housing units 47,685
    Renter-occupied housing units 63,360
    That's the real problem. As long as that trend continues, this number will forever increase:

Vacant housing units 29,154

I am awaiting her resume..please do not let the cat out of the bag just yet.

nogods..I am acutely aware of the vacant housing issues.
    www.buffalobroad.com

My response "Yes he would" was in response to the question on would the Mayor be making the decision on who gets appointed.The person I am personally endorsing has not submitted her resume yet..And although word on the street is that he might of made up his mind already.. there was an article in today's paper that resume's are being accepted.I doubt anyone will have the experience that my pick has.
    www.buffalobroad.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information