Thread: Bad Storm Arising or Not?

Bad Storm Arising or Not?

I listen to the wgrz tv new broadcast on WECK at noon. It sounds like just an audio broadcast of the tv news show because they sometimes refer to "as you can see in this video...or as the map shows..."

But I don't see a listing for channel 2 news at noon. Are they just going through the motions in the studio so they can broadcast the audio on WECK?

In any event, weather woman Maria Genero (didn't she used to be an anchor?) said something to the effect of:

"come Monday You'll be crying for temperatures as high as 20 so enjoy them today. We are in for a storm of the century...."

At 5 this morning Andy Parker didn't give a 5-day forecast, he just stopped with Saturday's forecast.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I thought the October storm was the storm of the century.

I believe WGRZ's midday report is at 11 or 11:30 as opposed to noon - seems like the weather people think every next storm is the storm of the century lately. and Yes Maria was an anchor out in LA before she came back to Buffalo (same with Kevin O'Connel I believe)

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I thought the October storm was the storm of the century.
    That was the 2006 "October Surprise".

The last "storm of the century" was when 3 low pressure systems converged near us. I forget what year. It maybe was in the late '90s.

Email Don Paul, he'll remember.

Originally posted by Effigy:
    The last "storm of the century" was when 3 low pressure systems converged near us. I forget what year. It maybe was in the late '90s.
    Wasn't that a different century?

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information