Thread: Latest Election Results: Town Justice Race

Latest Election Results: Town Justice Race

From: http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...icle251523.ece

The counting still isn’t over, but absentee ballots counted Friday have Jeffrey M. Harrington maintaining a lead in the race for West Seneca town justice.

According to the Erie County Board of Elections, Harrington received 327 of those votes, while Joseph C. Lorigo received 274. At this point, Harrington’s lead is approximately 115 votes, a board employee said.

Still to be counted are approximately 165 affidavits and emergency ballots. That process won’t start until next week.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Well, it sure was/is a pretty tight race, but it looks like Jeff Harrington will be our new West Seneca Town Justice.

One thing about the Lorigo's - they sure did get out the vote.

Pitiful, though, the number of votes on the Democratic line. I wonder how many Democrats and Democratic committe members voted on the Republican/Conservative lines?

Speaking of which, is there even a two-party system (Democrat/Republican) in the Town anymore, or is the Town simply divided by the seeming power struggle that seems to be going on...? Pretty sad, and a disservice to the true Democrats in Town.

I know it is a little late, but I have been busy with year end stuff and the Holidays, but from: http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...icle255937.ece

Town justice candidates in Cheektowaga and West Seneca who led their races pending the counting of absentee ballots both held on to win, the Erie County Board of Elections said Tuesday.

Jeffrey M. Harrington defeated Joseph C. Lorigo by 107 votes in the West Seneca race, Erie County Republican Elections Commissioner Ralph M. Mohr said.
    An election night Board of Elections keystroke error gave Harrington a lead of 845 votes. After the error was recognized, his lead was reduced to 68 votes before the absentee counting.

Lorigo said he is still considering challenging some “inaccuracies” he saw during the recanvassing and absentee counting.

“There were ballots originally cited for over-votes—which means a vote for Harrington and Lorigo — and upon closer inspection, every single one of those was . . . a Lorigo vote,” Lorigo said. “On the few hundred that we looked at today, there were five of those.”

Lorigo noted that military ballots can be sent in until Nov. 24. He said he wasn’t certain if his options would include filing a lawsuit.

“I’ll know better in a couple of days what we can do what we are planning to do, if anything,” he said. “At the end of the day today, I shook Jeff’s hand and congratulated him. [But] I need to look further into some of the discrepancies we saw today.”
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information