Thread: Still out of touch

Still out of touch

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/101783.html

So how important is upstate these days?

I blame Gov. Spitzer and his Regional Rep Laura Monte for not staying on top of this. Clearly they knew he was in Saratoga Springs for all this time. Has this guy been getting paid for this position?

He says he spends 40% of his time in Albany, 20% in Buffalo, 10% in NYC and the remaining 30% scattered throughout the state. So in the first 170 days of the year, according to his calculations, he has spent 34 days in Buffalo. What exactly has happened in those 34 days he has been here? I haven't seen any progress. I would be shocked if he has been to Buffalo more than 5 times.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    I blame Gov. Spitzer and his Regional Rep Laura Monte for not staying on top of this. Clearly they knew he was in Saratoga Springs for all this time. Has this guy been getting paid for this position?

He says he spends 40% of his time in Albany, 20% in Buffalo, 10% in NYC and the remaining 30% scattered throughout the state. So in the first 170 days of the year, according to his calculations, he has spent 34 days in Buffalo. What exactly has happened in those 34 days he has been here? I haven't seen any progress. I would be shocked if he has been to Buffalo more than 5 times.
    The one time I saw him in Buffalo was for the Buffalo Renaissance Luncheon last month. He was as dry as sand and his speech sounded eerily similar to the Gov's stump speeches and "you can take that to the bank" commercials. Lots of grasping at straws, low hanging fruit and silver bullet answers- all of which will not do a damned thing for the WNY economy.

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples

Since he does not live in Buffalo he should be able to product receipts for his stay in Buffalo. I think there should be a call for his office to produce travel reciepts for his time in Buffalo and throughout the state.

Furthermore, where is his time in Rochester, Syracuse and everything north of Syracuse?

This is simply another pork job for the downstate. Just like the power authority being in White Plains when the two big projects are in Niagara Falls and Massena.

If he is spending all this time in ALbany, NYC and other upstate places, you also have to wonder how much time he is spending with his family in PA where his "real" home is.

Thread Information