Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which country?

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    The easiest way is be cooperative and to show your visa! Isn't this obvious?
    Do you have a visa?
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    Do you have a visa?
    I don't need one, I live here!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

I don't need one, I live here!
    So, what if an LEO thought you were here illegally? How would you prove your legal status here?

So, what if an LEO thought you were here illegally? How would you prove your legal status here?
    No because he's white... that is the answer your looking for isn't it?

When was the last time you were pulled over and weren't asked for ID? You know its illegal to have a NYS license unless your a legal resident right?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    No because he's white... that is the answer your looking for isn't it?

When was the last time you were pulled over and weren't asked for ID? You know its illegal to have a NYS license unless your a legal resident right?
    Sure, you can not have a NYS DL unless you are a resident.

What about those who aren't driving? The law states,"During any legal contact", driving, walking, sitting, eating, etc.

I dunno about the "he's white", what makes "reasonable suspicion" someone is here illegally? Not knowing English? Well, that's not a requirement to be here. Looking for work? I know lots of people here legally that do that.

What is "reasonable suspicion"? Why is the bar set lower than shoplifting for this? How long do you think it would take to determine your legal status here? Remember, a driver's license is not indicative of legal status.

They could call my Mother!

Seriously, I have a drivers license because I am a legal citizen.

They could call my Mother!
    Unless your mother could prove her legal status, it wouldn't mean a thing.

Seriously, I have a drivers license because I am a legal citizen.
    Lot's of illegals, even in NYS have DL's. They get it while they are here legally, and over stay their visa. SO, they have a current license, which is valid too.

So, again, how would you prove your legal status here?

Are you starting to see the problems with this law? You could be detained (aka tossed in the lock up) for mere suspicion under it. Without probably cause (Which is usually what the bar is set for when it comes to detaining someone).

And, you could very likely spend a day or two, or three in the lockup until they could verify your status. On mere suspicion.

Unless your mother could prove her legal status, it wouldn't mean a thing.

Lot's of illegals, even in NYS have DL's. They get it while they are here legally, and over stay their visa. SO, they have a current license, which is valid too.

So, again, how would you prove your legal status here?

Are you starting to see the problems with this law? You could be detained (aka tossed in the lock up) for mere suspicion under it. Without probably cause (Which is usually what the bar is set for when it comes to detaining someone).

And, you could very likely spend a day or two, or three in the lockup until they could verify your status. On mere suspicion.
    I have answered you correctly. My NYS license is all the proof I need and all the proof that anyone would ask of me when stopped by the police. If they suspected that I was not a citizen they could hold me until further proof would be available. The point of the law is that they could detain someone without any form of ID or if the ID was questionable until a determination of immigration status could be made. I don't see any problem with allowing the authorities this option.

I have answered you correctly. My NYS license is all the proof I need and all the proof that anyone would ask of me when stopped by the police. If they suspected that I was not a citizen they could hold me until further proof would be available. The point of the law is that they could detain someone without any form of ID or if the ID was questionable until a determination of immigration status could be made. I don't see any problem with allowing the authorities this option.
    No, the point of the law is to detain anyone they think might be here illegally, hence the low bar of "reasonable suspicion".

And yes, let's say you have ID, but since it's not proof of legal status, they could detain you for as long as they like until your status is proven.

And you don't see a problem with that? I suppose you wouldn't see a problem with being required to have a permit to move from state to state, huh?

No, the point of the law is to detain anyone they think might be here illegally, hence the low bar of "reasonable suspicion".

And yes, let's say you have ID, but since it's not proof of legal status, they could detain you for as long as they like until your status is proven.

And you don't see a problem with that? I suppose you wouldn't see a problem with being required to have a permit to move from state to state, huh?
    Really? First of all, I don't see this happening much for someone with a valid license. Second, any legal citizens has the proper papers (even if they don't carry them on their person) and for those with no papers, I don't care how they are treated particularly!

Really? First of all, I don't see this happening much for someone with a valid license. Second, any legal citizens has the proper papers (even if they don't carry them on their person) and for those with no papers, I don't care how they are treated particularly!
    What papers do every citizen have to prove such? I'm kinda not figuring that one out?

Are you talking about a Birth Cert? Crap, if that's all, I just found a new market to get into: Birth Certificate Generator. Go to the site, type in a name, and WHAMMO! You get a birth cert printed.

And, you don't see it happening, so it's impossible. Because, we always know if we give LEO's unchecked power, they never abuse it.

Hope to never see ya in Gitmo

What papers do every citizen have to prove such? I'm kinda not figuring that one out?

Are you talking about a Birth Cert? Crap, if that's all, I just found a new market to get into: Birth Certificate Generator. Go to the site, type in a name, and WHAMMO! You get a birth cert printed.

And, you don't see it happening, so it's impossible. Because, we always know if we give LEO's unchecked power, they never abuse it.

Hope to never see ya in Gitmo
    No, not at all. I suppose that if you were the cop, everyone would go to jail for around 50 years while you tried to come up with the proper documentation to prove that anyone was a legal citizen. I guess in that case everyone is either legal or illegal citizens. You are too much!!!

No, not at all. I suppose that if you were the cop, everyone would go to jail for around 50 years while you tried to come up with the proper documentation to prove that anyone was a legal citizen. I guess in that case everyone is either legal or illegal citizens. You are too much!!!
    Doesn't have to "everybody". Just you. A cop doesn't like you, suddenly, there's "reasonable suspicion" you are not legally in this country.

Now, you get sent to jail until you can prove otherwise.

The whole idea flips our justice system upside down. It used to be "We can not send you to jail unless you commit a crime" into "We can send you to jail if we think you might be here illegal"...

Odd, how all these "small government" types really like handing more unchecked power to the government.

Doesn't have to "everybody". Just you. A cop doesn't like you, suddenly, there's "reasonable suspicion" you are not legally in this country.

Now, you get sent to jail until you can prove otherwise.

The whole idea flips our justice system upside down. It used to be "We can not send you to jail unless you commit a crime" into "We can send you to jail if we think you might be here illegal"...

Odd, how all these "small government" types really like handing more unchecked power to the government.
    If the cop doesn't like just me then I give him your name and he finds you and water-boards you until you finally admit that you were wrong and leaves me alone.

If the cop doesn't like just me then I give him your name and he finds you and water-boards you until you finally admit that you were wrong and leaves me alone.
    How am I wrong? Because you haven't admitted that this law puts enormous unchecked power into an LEO's hands?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information