Thread: What's Going on with the Solar Lights?

What's Going on with the Solar Lights?

I hate to keep bringing up this same issue over and over (which I think has been going on at least 3 or 4 years) but I thought the solar lights in Cheektowaga were all supposed to be replaced by the end of August. Has anyone seen one solar light replaced yet?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I would like to know if the town gets a refund in full for the solar lights seeing they don't work very well.

Plus I noticed there was an article in the paper about the same company helping a cheektowaga school save money with electric. Why would you work with a company that failed on the lights?

What

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    I would like to know if the town gets a refund in full for the solar lights seeing they don't work very well.

Plus I noticed there was an article in the paper about the same company helping a cheektowaga school save money with electric. Why would you work with a company that failed on the lights?
    What was the name of the company?
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

The name of the company is Johnson Contols. They have put in new light poles on Lucy lane.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident

Who do think is going to pay for the replacement lights? I'm sure it'll be us the taxpayers.

Welll

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Sell
    The name of the company is Johnson Contols. They have put in new light poles on Lucy lane.
    Was this a performance contract? Was it a NYSERDA project?
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Good God, those things are ugly. I swear, the first time I saw them, I thought the War of the Worlds was descending upon us.

And my keychain flashlight throws off more light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Sell
    And is it true that Jim Jankowiak (our current supervisor) got some kind of kick back from the deal because he had a relative who worked at the place?

I saw a Johnson Controls vehicle on the Thruway yesterday. That is the most I have seen of the company in the area. The whole kick back thing has been rumored for a long time, I do believe it was a nephew or something of the such of Jankowiaks.

A few months ago Tom JOhnson said they would be replaced by end of August. He also said that converting the lights from solar to electric will not cost taxpayers money (yeah right) because it is a performance contract and that electric will save us more money than solar.... which leads to the ultimate question: Why did the town go with solar instead of electric in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    I saw a Johnson Controls vehicle on the Thruway yesterday. That is the most I have seen of the company in the area. The whole kick back thing has been rumored for a long time, I do believe it was a nephew or something of the such of Jankowiaks.

A few months ago Tom JOhnson said they would be replaced by end of August. He also said that converting the lights from solar to electric will not cost taxpayers money (yeah right) because it is a performance contract and that electric will save us more money than solar.... which leads to the ultimate question: Why did the town go with solar instead of electric in the first place?
    Maybe the kickback was bigger if they went with solar instead of electric!

The cost to the taxpayers is 1,000,000. to replace the lights. What they say in public is the new electric lights are so much better that if you amortize it over 12 years there really won't be a cost to the taxpayers. What a great spin they put on it.

Once again the taxpayers take the hit for doing the wrong thing. Wouldn't it been better to take one street try it out first before doing so many roads. I guess we like status quo and failure in our community.

People can change this by voting those who continue to screw up our town and increase our taxes out of office

People can change this by voting those who continue to screw up our town and increase our taxes out of office
    All the taxpayers have to do is look at who is running and who can change things!

Thread Information