Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why would someone like Lorigo spend...

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Why would someone like Lorigo spend...

Why would someone like lorigo spend upwards of over $70,000 to get his son elected to a 2 yr term that pays $38,000/yr?

Seems like an awful lot to spend on a town justice race or any elected position in a town the size of West Seneca.

One reason I can think of since it is the court with jurisdiction over town code violations his son can shape the interpretation of the town code from the bench rather than going through the zoning board of appeals.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That would be an abuse of power.

That would complete conflict of interest.

Makes you wonder how long his recusal list would be if elected.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Finally......

I've been wondering why it's been so silent in this thread about the town justice race and the absurd money being thrown around like confetti by a certain candidate.

Be careful though, I wouldn't be suprised if a slander type assertion about this website is forthcoming from one of the candidates regarding the questions raised about spending.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't think it's slander to wonder what people are up to and why. Specially when their actions can effect the future of so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I don't think it's slander to wonder what people are up to and why.
    Fair enough.

That's your perspective.

In a court of law, it could very well be construed differently.

Particularly if you hold sway politically.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So you think you can't question why someone would do something?

Someone made a very valid point.. why would anyone spend so much money for a elected seat that pays far less per year?

how is that slander in anyway?

Like for example the governor of NYS.

Why would carl/cuomo or anyone spend so much in an election for a job that pays less than 150,000 a year?

Would you prefer no one talks about anything at all in west seneca?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer View Post
    I've been wondering why it's been so silent in this thread about the town justice race and the absurd money being thrown around like confetti by a certain candidate.

Be careful though, I wouldn't be suprised if a slander type assertion about this website is forthcoming from one of the candidates regarding the questions raised about spending.

It's because no one mentioned it until it was mentioned. Why didn't you bring it up earlier if you have been wondering about it?

That already came up because a new poster Rowmer started to post. I was asked to take the original post down because it was slanderous. I didn't feel like dealing with it so I just moved it...

I can't move any reference all the time just because someone who is running for office doesn't want to be talked about.

Actually it has been brought up before: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125663

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer View Post
    Fair enough.

That's your perspective.

In a court of law, it could very well be construed differently.

Particularly if you hold sway politically.
    It is opinion based on disclosed facts regarding a public figure. The people who would bring such an action need to grow a thick skin and deal with it rather than trying to badger people into silence by threats of legal action and intimidation. I find this conduct particularly egregious coming from the camps of a judicial candidate.

TV ad by Joe Lorigo for town judge this could be a first. Town politics has crossed into an area the common individual can not afford.

Spmebody must have told Joe that the camera adds 15 inches...

I've always been concerned about Lorigo and conflict of interest. He has his hands in so many pots, that I have often wondered how he can be objective. He's not used to being told "NO" and will pretty much do anything to make it happen. Case in point - his son getting the judgeship! Money is no object, so do what you have to do to get it done.

If the judgeship in West Seneca can be bought,what does that say for the people of West Seneca! Time for the people in West Seneca to stand up against people who believe money can buy everything.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information