Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why would someone like Lorigo spend...

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Some of you people are insane. You're trying to make the kid pay for the sins of the father.

I'll vouch for Joe again. I didn't know him from Adam (and was truly undecided in the race), but he came to my house, we had a conversation, and he earned my vote . . . and more importantly, my respect. He seemed bright, intelligent, and genuine. Who am I to knock someone for being ambitious? I think many of you need to look in the mirror.

Let me ask you this since I'm not sure I understand. How does Joe Lorigo winning this election give more money to Ralph Lorigo? He won't be able to practice in West Seneca court anymore. Seems to me like a loss for Ralph, but a gain for Joe.
    Whoever said it was about money? It is about power and influence.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

I don't know Ralph. I met Joe once. I've never had any dealings with either of them before. I fail to see the grand conspiracy that DTWarren sees. Influence over zoning codes?! You're kidding yourself. The court is mostly traffic tickets!

Did any of you ever stop and think that maybe what Joe says is true? I've read all of the ads...he seems to have it together. Just like he did in person. God forbid someone wants to run for ANYTHING in this town. You people are like hyenas looking for any new piece of meat that comes along.

Joe's resume is impressive, in my opinion. Despite his age, he's had a wider variety of experience than Mr. Harrington, whose only legal jobs were from his father in law and town allies.

Whatever beef you have with the older Mr. Lorigo should have nothing to do with Joe Lorigo.

Again...I met the guy once. But he's not here to defend himself and this is getting out of hand.

The only conspiracy I see is your statement on Harrington. Warren ask simple questions backed by facts attempting to have a dialogue. Someone willing to spend $70000 on a town judges race deserves to be questioned on motives. Believabilty from Lorigo, his latest mailing is filled with half truths. Scott willing to retire and then wanting to be rehired. Collect his pension and pay. Maybe someone should say NO! By the way after the court ruled to rehire Scott who should happen to go on vacation on the taxpayers dollar? SCOTT! Harrington did not attempt to remove Scott.Scott wanted both pension and pay for the job he was doing Lorigo's statement KEEP POLITICS OUT OF YOUR COURTROOM should begin within his own family. Politics does not get any closer than your own father. Where was Piotrowski in the Harrington photo? We know whose political friend Piotrowski stands with.

to Realitycheck

Realitycheck says: "Joe's resume is impressive, in my opinion. Despite his age, he's had a wider variety of experience than Mr. Harrington, whose only legal jobs were from his father in law and town allies."

I think Realitycheck lives in an alternate universe and needs to get a clue if he/she intends to vote in the WS Town Judge race on Tuesday. It is so obvious to me that Realitycheck's comments should be reversed as they relate to Messrs. Lorigo and Harrington.

Jeff Harrington graduated from law school in 1999. Joe Lorigo graduated from law school in 2008. Unless Mr. Harrington is sitting on the porch knitting, it is not possible for Mr. Lorigo to have a more impressive resume. Get a clue, Reality Check!

People on here do not have a clue as to the truth! You sound like haters because Ralph Lorigo is a successful attorney who does a great job for the people who hire him. One can only ask these people if they needed a great attorney who they would go to. Ralph's clients have brought many a tax dollar into this town that you all claim to care so much about but I would bet you haven't done anything to bring tax dollars in so people could get lower taxes.

You talk about the friends and family plan one only has to look at the town employment roster and see who has kids, husbands, spouses, siblings working or who has worked for the town. Let's not forget who Meegan's father is and what a mess he made of this town when he tried to control it.

As far as experience goes...age does not equate experience and I don't believe either candidate has experience actually being a judge so that should be a level playing field. It is my understanding that whoever wins will have to take a course so let's give the age thing a rest.

Most of you on here are nothing more then bullies and we all know bullies are the way they are because of insecurities....you need to grow up and stop hating people who have worked hard all their lives and are respectful citizens of this community.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanFan View Post
    People on here do not have a clue as to the truth! You sound like haters because Ralph Lorigo is a successful attorney who does a great job for the people who hire him. One can only ask these people if they needed a great attorney who they would go to. Ralph's clients have brought many a tax dollar into this town that you all claim to care so much about but I would bet you haven't done anything to bring tax dollars in so people could get lower taxes.

You talk about the friends and family plan one only has to look at the town employment roster and see who has kids, husbands, spouses, siblings working or who has worked for the town. Let's not forget who Meegan's father is and what a mess he made of this town when he tried to control it.

As far as experience goes...age does not equate experience and I don't believe either candidate has experience actually being a judge so that should be a level playing field. It is my understanding that whoever wins will have to take a course so let's give the age thing a rest.

Most of you on here are nothing more then bullies and we all know bullies are the way they are because of insecurities....you need to grow up and stop hating people who have worked hard all their lives and are respectful citizens of this community.
    Were not talking about Ralph the attorney were talking about Ralphie the politician. His record in that arena speaks for itself him and his associates are world class hypocrites and users.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Were not talking about Ralph the attorney were talking about Ralphie the politician. His record in that arena speaks for itself him and his associates are world class hypocrites and users.
    The Lorigo-ites are character assasins and now they whine like bitches when people point out the unflatteriing truth.
    Anyone that has been in WS knows their family drama all too well. It's stuff you'd see in Soap Operas for crying out loud...
    They really should be careful who they share that stuff with.

Well as the dust settles I'd like to at least point out that the Lorigo campaign worked hard, and regardless of anything else, you have to respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why would someone like lorigo spend upwards of over $70,000 to get his son elected to a 2 yr term that pays $38,000/yr?

Seems like an awful lot to spend on a town justice race or any elected position in a town the size of West Seneca.
    I do not believe it is for a two year term. The Appellate Division, Third Department held in Munnelly v. Newkirk, 262 A.D.2d 781, 782-783 (N.Y. App. Div. 3d Dep't 1999) held that "NY Constitution, article VI, § 17 (d) authorizes the Legislature to prescribe the terms and methods of selection and filling vacancies for the Judges of town, village and city courts, "provided, however, that the justices of town courts shall be chosen by the electors of the town for terms of four years from and including the first day of January next after their election". This constitutional provision clearly and unambiguously requires that Town Justices be elected to four-year terms, regardless of whether the election is the result of the expiration of a four-year term or, as here, the result of a vacancy which occurs during a four-year term. "When language of a constitutional provision is plain and unambiguous, full effect should be given to 'the intention of the framers … as indicated by the language employed' and approved by the People" (Matter of King v Cuomo, 81 NY2d 247, 253, quoting Settle v Van Evrea, 49 NY 280, 281). Moreover, as a result of constitutional amendments adopted in 1961 and effective in 1962, the provision was deleted which had specified that a Town Justice elected to fill a vacancy occurring in the office prior to the expiration of a full term serves for the remainder of the term (see, NY Const, art VI, former § 17). Clearly, then, there is "no justification in this instance for departing from the literal language of the constitutional provision" (Anderson v Regan, 53 NY2d 356, 362)." This holding was subsequently affirmed by the New York Court of Appeals (Munnelly v. Newkirk, 93 N.Y.2d 960).
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

In fact the BOE had it as a 4 year term: http://www.elections.erie.gov/GetDocument.aspx?id=362

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information