Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why would someone like Lorigo spend...

You know, Joe Lorigo came to my house while going door to door. He seemed like a very nice young man and answered all my questions...including about conflicts of interest. Apparently, if he wins, his father and his office will not be able to practice in West Seneca town court.

You people seem to be so focused on his father. Ralph isn't running.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    You know, Joe Lorigo came to my house while going door to door. He seemed like a very nice young man and answered all my questions...including about conflicts of interest. Apparently, if he wins, his father and his office will not be able to practice in West Seneca town court.

Your 100% correct. Here's the issue in WNY politics. The nut usually doesn't fall far from the tree. That is not a shot at anyone. But the friends/family plans that infest our WNY politics are insane. It's hurts our whole community.

Give it time

I have nothing against Joe, but when you see his father spending a lot of money and using his power to get what he wants, it makes you wonder what the bottom line is. Ralph comes to town board meetings and throws his weight around and has influence with the town supervisor (he even got the Supervisor to sue his own town!). What is it going to be like, when his son is sitting on the bench and making decisions that may help his father in his business dealings? I think Joe needs more experience under his belt and many a few more years of maturity before he thinks of becoming a judge.

His father is running everything for Joe, who are you trying to kid? Do you think Joe raised that cash? Do you think Joe had the contacts to get those endorsements?
    His daddy has been hanging signs for the kid 24/7 as well.
    What kid says "Jeesh, I have absolutely no experience, and the only work I have done was given to me by daddy. I think I'm fit to run for office!"?

Your screen name doesn't jive with your naivety.

Clearly Ralphy is trying to get yet another hook in to the town.

FisherRd, you don't need to use terms "Ralphy" and "daddy". No need to do that to get your point across, you're better than that.

Why are a lot of the town employees and Clarke and Meegan supporting Harrington?
    Why is their so much interest in this race? It's not like Harrington isn't spending money.

Why is Bizub endorsing Harrington? Why would she buy a ad in the pennysaver to support Harrington after she lost and isn't running anymore?

Look at the contributions to Harrington's campaign...
    Walsh, Cellino, Clarke, Callahan, Hicks, Monolopolus, Bove
    FRIENDS OF PAT DIPASQUALE
    KENNEDY FOR SENATE
    FRIENDS OF MATT ENGLISH
    ERIE COUNTY SHERIFF'S PBA
    COMMITTEE TO REELECT JAMES VALLONE
    FRIENDS OF SHEILA MEEGAN

If you win a town judge position, you're probably going to be in the position for life, correct? How often is a judge defeated in re-election?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What kid says "Jeesh, I have absolutely no experience, and the only work I have done was given to me by daddy. I think I'm fit to run for office!"?

No experience at all?

How old is he?

and who is he running against?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    No experience at all?

How old is he?

and who is he running against?
    All three candidates were qualified to run as candidates in my opinion. I think he is 30, I'm not positive on the age. Age shouldn't be a factor.

Lorigo
    * Attorney, criminal and civil litigation - West Seneca
    * Former Warrant Clerk, West Seneca Justice Court
    * Former Law Clerk, Erie County Attorney’s Office
    * Former Legal Aid, NYS Attorney General’s Office
    * Former Judge, West Seneca Youth Court
    * Former Teacher’s Assistant, Canisius College

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture View Post
    FisherRd, you don't need to use terms "Ralphy" and "daddy". No need to do that to get your point across, you're better than that.
    Thanks, but no I'm not.
    Why are a lot of the town employees and Clarke and Meegan supporting Harrington?
    Can only guess, but because they know the kid has no experience and the only reason he's running is so that his dad can burrow in the town even further? You realize his dad is making a lot of money handling business that requires him to deal with the town, right?
    Why is their so much interest in this race? It's not like Harrington isn't spending money.
    Speculation, but because everyone knows this is yet another Ralph Lorigo power grab. The guy has spent more time in town hall, and amongst those in town hall than anyone you or I could name. Getting his boy in there only makes Ralph more money.
    Why is Bizub endorsing Harrington? Why would she buy a ad in the pennysaver to support Harrington after she lost and isn't running anymore?
    People bow out/lose primaries and then support the candidate they like best all of the time. I'm sure this isn't the first you're hearing of that.
    Look at the contributions to Harrington's campaign...
    Walsh, Cellino, Clarke, Callahan, Hicks, Monolopolus, Bove
    FRIENDS OF PAT DIPASQUALE
    KENNEDY FOR SENATE
    FRIENDS OF MATT ENGLISH
    ERIE COUNTY SHERIFF'S PBA
    COMMITTEE TO REELECT JAMES VALLONE
    FRIENDS OF SHEILA MEEGAN
    I'm going to guess that you'd find a couple of similar names on Lorigo's list as well. Again, you're most likely aware that these guys give cash to eachother all of the time.
    If you win a town judge position, you're probably going to be in the position for life, correct? How often is a judge defeated in re-election?
    That's why Ralph is working so hard to get his son in. He sees dollar signs for himself.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Who are the other candidates?

Some of you people are insane. You're trying to make the kid pay for the sins of the father.

I'll vouch for Joe again. I didn't know him from Adam (and was truly undecided in the race), but he came to my house, we had a conversation, and he earned my vote . . . and more importantly, my respect. He seemed bright, intelligent, and genuine. Who am I to knock someone for being ambitious? I think many of you need to look in the mirror.

Let me ask you this since I'm not sure I understand. How does Joe Lorigo winning this election give more money to Ralph Lorigo? He won't be able to practice in West Seneca court anymore. Seems to me like a loss for Ralph, but a gain for Joe.

Some of you people are insane. You're trying to make the kid pay for the sins of the father.

I'll vouch for Joe again. I didn't know him from Adam (and was truly undecided in the race), but he came to my house, we had a conversation, and he earned my vote . . . and more importantly, my respect. He seemed bright, intelligent, and genuine. Who am I to knock someone for being ambitious? I think many of you need to look in the mirror.

Let me ask you this since I'm not sure I understand. How does Joe Lorigo winning this election give more money to Ralph Lorigo? He won't be able to practice in West Seneca court anymore. Seems to me like a loss for Ralph, but a gain for Joe.
    All three candidates are held to a higher standard or they would be debarred (spelling), correct? The Bar exam is not easy, law school is tough too and that's why we pay a lot of money.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Too many people's futures are at stake in WNY not to question what is going on.

As I said before... The nut doesn't fall far from the tree so it would be wise to research all who run for office in WNY. Wouldn't you agree?

That happens a lot here... Many here try to blame Andrew Cuomo for Mario Cuomo's actions too
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Insane is the person that thinks his daddy is working tirelessly and raising ungodly sums of money for his son to get a paultry paying side job. Insane is believing a kid with 2 years work experience decided he had what it took to run for office. Insane is thinking Ralph will quit working his cases in WS.
    Wow, a guy looking for your vote came to your house, was courteous, and had a conversation with you? That's unheard of!

Who do you think handles Marano's interests before the town? Who do you think handles nearly all of the developement interests in town? You think Ralph is giving that up so his kid can earn $30k a year?

I can't even begin to imagine how you would extend the benefit of the doubt like that. Have you ever been to a town board meeting or planning board meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Who do you think handles Marano's interests before the town? Who do you think handles nearly all of the developement interests in town? You think Ralph is giving that up so his kid can earn $30k a year?

I can't even begin to imagine how you would extend the benefit of the doubt like that. Have you ever been to a town board meeting or planning board meeting?

Oh, I get it now. You have an axe to grind against Ralph because of the Marrano development off of "FisherRd." That explains a lot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information