Thread: paladino backing down?

paladino backing down?

According to today's
    News, Paladino is now saying delivering on his campaign promise to cut

spending 20% will take a year or more.

So -- is he just trying to sound reasonable or is he laying the ground work for failing, if he gets elected?

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001 View Post
    According to today's
    News, Paladino is now saying delivering on his campaign promise to cut

spending 20% will take a year or more.

So -- is he just trying to sound reasonable or is he laying the ground work for failing, if he gets elected?
    It would only take more than a year if the government stays shut down for more than a year.

I thought his promise and his plan were simple. He will propose a budget that cuts spending 20% across the board. If the legislature doesn't pass it, he will not sign any alternatives nor submit any temporary budgets to keep the government operating. He promised he would shut down the government if his budget is not approved.

Now I guess it is possible that we could have a year or more of no operating NYS government. But if Carl is going to back down on his plan to make those cuts effective by April 1, 2011, then I may have to rethink my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    It would only take more than a year if the government stays shut down for more than a year.

I thought his promise and his plan were simple. He will propose a budget that cuts spending 20% across the board. If the legislature doesn't pass it, he will not sign any alternatives nor submit any temporary budgets to keep the government operating. He promised he would shut down the government if his budget is not approved.

Now I guess it is possible that we could have a year or more of no operating NYS government. But if Carl is going to back down on his plan to make those cuts effective by April 1, 2011, then I may have to rethink my vote.
    apparently, according to the boston herald, paladino's web site has been changed to reflect his thoughts now on this.

Thread Information