Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vegetables, Salads & Breads

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    A tip for making coleslaw- use Poppyseed dressing.
    Ohhhhh, that sounds great. I know guys, but try that salad. Trust me it is good.
    \
    Great pulled pork neighbor. I'll cook up some bad stuff and send your way guys......hmmmm I'm thinking.....

Love the recipes! Keep them coming.

Funny story, today I was at an unfamiliar Tops looking to build a nice salad, so I asked the people in the meat department where the lentils were located. Apparently a question of this nature requires a quorum, as 2/3rd of the employees in the department were needed to deliberate my question. After some raised brows, questionable gestures, and wild finger pointing it was determined that lentils are "too new" of a product and I should submit a request to the store manager.

Sometimes the nutritional value of laughter outweighs any food.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

anyones neighbor
    that lentils are "too new" of a product

Musta been some really young ones. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes View Post
    Love the recipes! Keep them coming.

Funny story, today I was at an unfamiliar Tops looking to build a nice salad, so I asked the people in the meat department where the lentils were located. Apparently a question of this nature requires a quorum, as 2/3rd of the employees in the department were needed to deliberate my question. After some raised brows, questionable gestures, and wild finger pointing it was determined that lentils are "too new" of a product and I should submit a request to the store manager.

Sometimes the nutritional value of laughter outweighs any food.
    OMG, thanks for that. I mean they must have been really young. But a quorum? Oh brother. What town was that in, so I don't go there.

I'm glad you like the recipes. I know this one I am going to put up belongs in the potato post, so go to that potato post for this one. It is called: Sweet Potates with Caramel Sauce.

anyones neighbor
    Should we have one for desserts too? Last night the grandkids were here:
    Meatloaf, mashed taters, corn, squash, rolls and banana split dessert.
    My granddaughter cleaned everything up after dinner while I played with my almost 5 month old GGranddaughter. What a prize she is! When her mother started to put her jacket on her, she went sound asleep! I've NEVER seen such a good baby!

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    Should we have one for desserts too? Last night the grandkids were here:
    Meatloaf, mashed taters, corn, squash, rolls and banana split dessert.
    My granddaughter cleaned everything up after dinner while I played with my almost 5 month old GGranddaughter. What a prize she is! When her mother started to put her jacket on her, she went sound asleep! I've NEVER seen such a good baby!
    Aweeee, thanks for sharing that neighbor love that story. Will you be called GG? Well, I do have a sweet tooth post, but I will start one more specific in the dessert fashion.

I love sweets!!!!

anyones neighbor
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Will you be called GG?

I love sweets!!!!
    Just Grandma probably. My daughter (granddaughters mom) passed away 9 years ago so no other Grandma. Doesn't matter what she calls me, I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a recipe I've been using post-workout for breakfast. I wanted to take some time away from egg whites, turkey bacon, and ham for a while....

Hearty Vegetarian Spaghetti
    Weekly Prep:
    -Marinade one package of extra firm tofu in a McCormick's seasoning blend for 24 hours (I prefer the chipotle).
    -Boil one container of whole grain (NOT whole wheat) angel hair pasta. Refrigerate, do not rinse.
    Cooking:
    -Chop the tofu into small pieces. You're looking for the consistency of crumbled feta.
    -Heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. If extra-virgin is too expensive, you can substitute extra-whore oil (commonly found in Tonawanda, Cheektowaga, Niagara Falls, and North Buffalo).
    -Cook the tofu on medium heat in a frying pan until all edges are crisp.
    -Add a handful of pasta to the frying pan.
    -Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes.

Season with soy sauce, sriracha, garlic powder, black pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.

The flavor is similar to a spaghetti with meat sauce, but a lot spicier. One container of tofu and a box of pasta will usually last a week. I try to get 20 grams of protein, 30 grams of carbs, and 3-5 grams of monounsaturated fat per serving. Calories are minimal.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

That sounds like some of the Thai dishes we cook. We use wide rice noodles and scallions.

BTW, have you shopped at Super Bazaar on Sheridan? You can find all kinds of lentils there - yellow, pink, red and the plain ole brown ones.
    Spices are dirt cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes View Post
    Here's a recipe I've been using post-workout for breakfast. I wanted to take some time away from egg whites, turkey bacon, and ham for a while....

Hearty Vegetarian Spaghetti
    Weekly Prep:
    -Marinade one package of extra firm tofu in a McCormick's seasoning blend for 24 hours (I prefer the chipotle).
    -Boil one container of whole grain (NOT whole wheat) angel hair pasta. Refrigerate, do not rinse.
    Cooking:
    -Chop the tofu into small pieces. You're looking for the consistency of crumbled feta.
    -Heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. If extra-virgin is too expensive, you can substitute extra-whore oil (commonly found in Tonawanda, Cheektowaga, Niagara Falls, and North Buffalo).
    -Cook the tofu on medium heat in a frying pan until all edges are crisp.
    -Add a handful of pasta to the frying pan.
    -Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes.

Season with soy sauce, sriracha, garlic powder, black pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.

The flavor is similar to a spaghetti with meat sauce, but a lot spicier. One container of tofu and a box of pasta will usually last a week. I try to get 20 grams of protein, 30 grams of carbs, and 3-5 grams of monounsaturated fat per serving. Calories are minimal.
    Nice this sounds great. I do have a hard time finding the whole grain angel hair, where do you get that? Probably at Wegman's I bet. This one is a good one to send to family members who love these particular dishes.

That sounds like some of the Thai dishes we cook. We use wide rice noodles and scallions.

BTW, have you shopped at Super Bazaar on Sheridan? You can find all kinds of lentils there - yellow, pink, red and the plain ole brown ones.
    Spices are dirt cheap too.
    On Sheridan, hey cookie where is this Super Bazaar --I'm interested in the lentils....Love Thai dishes. Has anyone gone to the new restaurant on Transit in Lancaster called The Thai House?

We enjoy going to Siagon Bankok on the Boulevard. They have another location on Transit in the Marshall's Plaza. Real good Thai food, actually the best I've had. Try it....

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    On Sheridan, hey cookie where is this Super Bazaar --I'm interested in the lentils....Love Thai dishes. Has anyone gone to the new restaurant on Transit in Lancaster called The Thai House?

We enjoy going to Siagon Bankok on the Boulevard. They have another location on Transit in the Marshall's Plaza. Real good Thai food, actually the best I've had. Try it....
    It's at Sheridan and Eggert:
    http://buffalo.citysearch.com/profil...er_bazaar.html

Saigon Bangkok (Thai and Vietnamese) is excellent!! I've been to both.

It's at Sheridan and Eggert:
    http://buffalo.citysearch.com/profil...er_bazaar.html

Saigon Bangkok (Thai and Vietnamese) is excellent!! I've been to both.
    Thanks cookie I go out that way often. I'll have to venture in there.

I think they are basically Indian, however, many of the ingredients are used in Asian foods too, such as the lentils and some of the spices.

Check out the Parathas in the freezer near the front. MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

I'll get some of Hubby's Thai recipes to post on your other thread

I think they are basically Indian, however, many of the ingredients are used in Asian foods too, such as the lentils and some of the spices.

Check out the Parathas in the freezer near the front. MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

I'll get some of Hubby's Thai recipes to post on your other thread
    Cookie, I'm looking forward to your husband's recipe's.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information