Thread: New Boston Secret Society

New Boston Secret Society

From what I am gathering, the Boston Historical Society executive committee took a vote to exclude society members and guests from attending future meetings without prior approval.

Sitting on approximately $78,000 of taxpayer money, this is complete bovine manure.

It's actually a slap in the face to civic-minded individuals hoping to contribute to their community.

Historical=Secret

It's all about the Benjamins.
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Hey there is money in town historical societies? Wow, where do I get mine? I am the official Town of Brant Historian this year. Appointed by the supervisor and all..... hahaha
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Well. How to put this so you understand. You know in those big companies, they have board of directors, executives, etc? And you might be one of those people who work for them? They have meetings you aren't allowed to sit in on, right?? It's the same thing. Only those people who are directors or executives or whatever are allowed in the meeting, no one else without prior approval. Do you understand now?

As for the town board members who I heard were told to leave, it includes them, too, even if they're members. Its like adding to a pre-set agenda that can't be changed. Its also rude to just waltz in and expect people to drop everything and let them in on the meeting when they aren't allowed. Mr. Boardway was "Never been so insulted before in my life" Well being a lawyer, one would assume he knows about how meetings work and that they can't change last minute. But that's just assuming, right?

Good call Sneakers. Maybe that 78,000 can be put towards the fire company budget, seeing as I am sick of all this bickering over it.

Quote Originally Posted by boston17 View Post
    Well. How to put this so you understand. You know in those big companies, they have board of directors, executives, etc? And you might be one of those people who work for them? They have meetings you aren't allowed to sit in on, right?? It's the same thing. Only those people who are directors or executives or whatever are allowed in the meeting, no one else without prior approval. Do you understand now?

As for the town board members who I heard were told to leave, it includes them, too, even if they're members. Its like adding to a pre-set agenda that can't be changed. Its also rude to just waltz in and expect people to drop everything and let them in on the meeting when they aren't allowed. Mr. Boardway was "Never been so insulted before in my life" Well being a lawyer, one would assume he knows about how meetings work and that they can't change last minute. But that's just assuming, right?
    I see you are playing stupid again.........looks like you are winning.

To compare the Boston Historical Society to some huge corporation makes no sense. What were they going to discuss????????? A million dollar merger, or maybe some take-over of another society???????? They are lucky to have 4 or 5 members at meetings because members have left because of the leadership.

What about the newsletters, fundraisers, presentations or membership drives?

To ask the hand that feeds you and wants to work with you to leave.....I'd be a little insulted too.
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thgirl View Post
    Good call Sneakers. Maybe that 78,000 can be put towards the fire company budget, seeing as I am sick of all this bickering over it.
    That's a nice thought, but illegal I would guess.

Since I was on here anyway,,,,,,,,WTF????? They have 78 Grand in the bank and have thier hand out to the taxpayers??????? And then they have the BALLS to ask Councilmen who are offering MORE assistance to leave the meeting????

Whoever runs that place is not too bright. IQ in the single digets!!

Not in my house. SHUT THEM DOWN.
    Last edited by southtownswatchdog; November 12th, 2010 at 12:38 AM.
    STWD - For The Better of ALL

Thread Information