Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fire company contracts

If the town board has been working "diligently" with the three fire companies then why has there been only ONE meeting with the fire companies about the contract?

Sneakers your right something doesn't smell right.

diligent- Marked by perseving, painstaking effort.

One meeting in 2 months doesn't sound diligent to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers77 View Post
    So why didn't the lawyer come into the negotiations with a number instead of leaving the town board in the dark?

Something doesn't smell right.
    Um hello....there were no negotiations yet. The fire companies turned in all the budget numbers and future outlook documentation the board requested for review. That was the last line of communication. The fire companies were waiting to hear from the BOARD what their thoughts were and to start to negotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by boston View Post
    If the town board has been working "diligently" with the three fire companies then why has there been only ONE meeting with the fire companies about the contract?

Sneakers your right something doesn't smell right.

diligent- Marked by perseving, painstaking effort.

One meeting in 2 months doesn't sound diligent to me.
    Maybe this makes more sense:

Diligently
    (adv.) In a diligent manner; not carelessly; not negligently; with industry or assiduity

Agreed?
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

what is the point of this argument?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    what is the point of this argument?
    Argument??????????

It's a friendly debate between citizens that have different opinions and views.

Let's face it, you were the one that suggested that the neighbor has a garden hose, how ridiculous is that statement?
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Noticed no one mention the article in the Buffalo News today. I know it is not Boston but don't you think an audit or contract opening is a good idea? 300 grand is a lot of cash and it doesn't belong to the fire company but is the taxpayers money.

Interesting, you are right mnb881. NO ONE mentioned it. Yet when the Town Board made a point at the last meeting to say that "NO ONE" was watching, they were criticized!! They have been criticized for actually “looking” at the fire companies checking accounts. OH NO!!!! Can’t do that!!

Hello all you “Concerned Citizens”, are you going to keep on giving your ELECTED Town Board crap for paying attention? They are doing what they promised they would do. No secrets there. They are OPEN and HONEST. Joe "Q" public may not realize all the "ins and outs" but the "boys" are doing their job. Believe it or not; the GIRL, is helping too!! That is who you need to re-elect next year!! Kathy Magran is looking out for the TAXPAYERS, not the select few!!!

Hey Slitter, I am still waiting to hear about the NEW YORK STATE LAW. You must be an EXPERT!! Show your face. I DARE YOU!! LIAR!! I have the knowledge and every resource to prove you wrong. LIAR. **** STURING LIAR!! You got awfully quiet you LIAR. Come on back LIAR. I will call you out EVERY TIME. How does that go again? OH YEAH, CAPS LOCK STUCK!!!!!!!!!
    STWD - For The Better of ALL

Quote Originally Posted by southtownswatchdog View Post
    Interesting, you are right mnb881. NO ONE mentioned it. Yet when the Town Board made a point at the last meeting to say that "NO ONE" was watching, they were criticized!! They have been criticized for actually “looking” at the fire companies checking accounts. OH NO!!!! Can’t do that!!

Hello all you “Concerned Citizens”, are you going to keep on giving your ELECTED Town Board crap for paying attention? They are doing what they promised they would do. No secrets there. They are OPEN and HONEST. Joe "Q" public may not realize all the "ins and outs" but the "boys" are doing their job. Believe it or not; the GIRL, is helping too!! That is who you need to re-elect next year!! Kathy Magran is looking out for the TAXPAYERS, not the select few!!!

Hey Slitter, I am still waiting to hear about the NEW YORK STATE LAW. You must be an EXPERT!! Show your face. I DARE YOU!! LIAR!! I have the knowledge and every resource to prove you wrong. LIAR. **** STURING LIAR!! You got awfully quiet you LIAR. Come on back LIAR. I will call you out EVERY TIME. How does that go again? OH YEAH, CAPS LOCK STUCK!!!!!!!!!
    LOL the truth shall set you free!!!!That's why they won't answer it and throw out the you hate/smeared the names of firefighters. Total BS!

Again MNB811 NO ONE IS QUESTIONING THE BOARD CHECKING THINGS. The way they are doing it is just plain wrong!

Posting lies on the town’s website, open and honest my ass!

Posting a notice for meeting to cancel the fire contracts with no notice to the fire companies days after meeting with them and discussing open lines of communications. Open and honest my ass!

Having a meeting for something that important at 4:30 on a Monday with 3 days notice to the public, with only a message on the website and an ad in the back of the paper, obviously a ploy to keep the taxpayers in the dark on what they were doing. Again open and honest my ass!

Insulting the taxpaying volunteer firefighters and calling them “pathetic and powerless” on a public board. I guess if Mr. Boardway feels that the taxpayers are “pathetic and powerless” you could call that open and honest.

This board forgets that the VOLUNTEER firefighters of this town are not the crooks you read about in the paper. The Volunteer firefighters in this town are already under funded thus all the wasted time fundraising.

All this town board cares about is tax cuts; they don’t care about the safety of this community just dollars and cents. Again I pay $130 a year for fire protection that’s 4% of my taxes I do not need or want to save a few dollars a year if it is going to jeopardize the lives of my friends or family.

Again Mr. Ballowe stop the lies take down your ridicules posting from your website. Tell the truth you posted that knowing that’s not what the volunteer firefighters requested; you just want to look like a hero when you show a cost savings from that number. By not taking down that posting you proved you are not the man you campaigned to be, YOU ARE just another lying politician out to make himself look good.

Southtowns, your posting was so childish the only response I have for you is grow up. Again you don’t live here you don’t pay taxes here, your only concern here is your friendship with a board member. Take your biased opinion to the fourth grade where YOU belong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information